“Very nice...friendly...intimate” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Washington
“Very nice...friendly...intimate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

A small, friendly hotel. My room was several steps behind the front desk, the bar and the restaurant...but never noticed any noise. Very comfortable bed and extremely well arranged room. I will be returning there in 2 weeks and they agreed to keep one of my bags for me in storage to save airline baggage fee and hassle. The food in the restaurant is delicious...the breakfasts huge. They have no pool but share with their sister hotel across the street. No hot tub. The hours of the laundry (also at sister hotel) are very limited to avoid noise issues with adjoining rooms and much more expensive than the laundry across the street. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The 2 dispensers of different flavored iced teas/waters at the front desk was always nice at the end of the day. The 3/4 mile walk to Providence St. Joseph made getting back and forth to work a joy.

Room Tip: Right behind the desk very convenient. At check in they said that if I had any noise issues they wo...
Green Features: They do what they say...if you hang the towel up they don't replace it...they only change sheets when you leave the card on the bed requesting it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in November while on a business trip. I’ve been here at least twice before so it was nice to come back to a hotel where you know your way around. .
It has kind of a 1950’s vibe going for it- the room has low ceilings and there’s a lot of “blond” furniture and woodwork- but somehow it all works. The bathroom was decent, the bed, bedding and pillows were very comfortable and I slept well. There was an extra sitting room with a TV along with the normal desk and TV area in the bedroom.
The hotel has a nice bar with a great bartender [I wish I remembered his name- Dennis?] who made a having a drink at the bar quite fun. I also ate at the restaurant the first night in- I hadn’t eaten during my trip from Wisconsin and I was starving. The restaurant was about to close but the waitress was wonderful- even though I was the only one in the restaurant. I had breakfast there also- good and very convenient. The service at check-in and check-out was good and there was ample parking. The rate was $189.00 per night plus tax.
I recommend the Coast Anabelle Hotel. I find it very comfortable and at a decent [LA] price and will continue staying here whenever business takes me to Burbank.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CoastAnabelleHotel, Front Office Manager at Coast Anabelle Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks. Unfortunately, the description and photos in your review are not of our hotel. We do appreciate the comments regarding Dennis, the bartender as well as the server in the restaurant and will be sure to forward this to our Food & Beverage Manager. Our goal is to ensure the happiness of every guest. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

If you have to be in Burbank, this is a very nice hotel. The rooms are large well equipped. You have access to a nice balcony off the second floor. There is free internet. The shower is giant with double shower heads. The staff were always friendly and helpful. I was particularly impressed with the maid service - very clean, moreover fancy folded towels and toilet paper.
The restaurant and room service were good for breakfast.
One problem - the lobby bar noise carries up through the interior courtyard. The bar does close at 11p.m. But if you go to bed early, this can be a problem.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor, far from the bar.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Devils Lake, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had a great experience at Coast Annabel. Very helpful staff. Rooms are very nice and clean. But the most fun we had was with Luke our bartender. Three sisters from North Dakota never laughed so much. Thanks for helping us with some good places to eat and things to do. Luke, we will be watching for your show sometime in the fall we hope! You and the Staff at Coast Annabel Rock! Thanks again for a Great Stay and Time in Burbank. LuAnne, Cheryl and Marilyn

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor right above the lobby and it was very quiet. Also had a shared deck on the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

There's a more detailed review of my issues with this hotel on Yelp. I'm too tired to type it all again. Bottom line is -- this is nice hotel. Nice rooms, good food, nice bathrooms. But the staff is awful. I had major issues with the hotel's advertised high speed internet throughout my stay and the staff could not have cared less. They made it clear they were annoyed by calls re: the issue, and refused to even consider switching my room to resolve the problem - something the wireless provider recommended. No one EVER apologized or offered to try and help or make up for it. It was an attitude of "Oh, well…"

Upon checkout, no one even asked me how my stay was. And no one said thank you for staying with them.

There are plenty of other hotels in the area with exceptional customer service and they will be getting my business from now on.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CoastAnabelleHotel, Front Office Manager at Coast Anabelle Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We would first like to apologize for the issues you encountered with the internet as well as the customer service. We contacted our internet provider and had the issues rectified as we want to ensure that guest's are able to properly use the internet services we offer. In regards to the customer service, we have spoken with our Front Desk to make certain they are able to appropriately handle situations such as this. Again, we truly apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will provide us with an opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Short 2 night stay. Very pleasant. Nice clean room. Good parking. A little oasis from the hustle and bustle. Nice atmosphere inside the hotel. It is an atrium so you can look down at the lobby from all floors. Not closed in by just hallways. Close to downtown Burbank that has lots of shops and a mall and movie theaters and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Eagle River, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The Coast Annabel offers travelers with an outstanding travel experience, a smaller hotel with clean, comfortable rooms (and excellent suites!); amenities that are appropriate but not overdone; excellent food, room service - but most of all - a wonderful staff who really makes you feel that you are at home with them. They 'go the extra mile' for their guests and this truly facilitates the guest experience! It is one of my company's approved hotels in this area and despite the availability of larger chains in proximal areas - the Coast Annabelle is my favorite hands down!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Coast Anabelle Hotel? Share your experiences!