“Italian food at its best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 370 restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Italian, Vegan, Pizza & Pasta, Organic
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Description: An Italian / European atmosphere Bar and Restaurant in the heart of the Burbank Media District. We feature Authentic Northern Italian cuisine including many Vegan and Gluten-Free specialties.We have a full bar with a large selection of fairly priced wines and an extensive selection of Craft Beer with 22 styles on tap. Located on the corner of Toluca Lake Ave and West Olive Ave. directly across from Warner Brothers Studios Gate 2 and The Ellen Show Studio. Free parking on the street as well as the 2 lots behind the restaurant.
Folsom
“Italian food at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Wow! This place has awesome food! Our waiter, James was very welcoming and gave great service and menu suggestions which didn't disappoint! The place doesn't look like much, but the food definetly makes up for it.

Visited July 2013
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Cara Kathleen,

Thank you so much for not only coming in but also for liking our food and writing such a nice review.

I will pass this on to James who is one of our best!

Mille Grazie!

Allan & Cristina

89% Recommend
Burbank, California
“Great location, average place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I really, really wanted to like this place. My boyfriend and I visited because we believe in supporting local businesses vs. chain restaurants. I had read mixed reviews. You seat yourselves. It was "busy" but not. Food took forever. Service was slow but I'm not sure if that's because our waitress was also the bartender so she was slinging drinks for the whole place. Our rolls were stale, and we asked for fresh ones. Seriously. My pasta had so much meat in the meat sauce it wasn't even appetizing. We tried but we will not go back.

Visited March 2013
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Cara Carrie,

We are so very sorry that you had such a bad experience at our restaurant as we really appreciate people who support their local businesses. We are not always perfect but it seems when you came in we were very less than perfect.

As to the rolls, they are baked fresh daily and should not be stale but I fear that theey were dried out by being in the bread warmer for too long a period drying them out.

As to the other things........... we are not supposed to have self seating, The Bolgnese Sauce is not supposed to be meaty and you should not have bad service! If you would be so kind to contact me directly at admin@ciaocristina.com and tell me what day and time you were in and a description of the bartender as I would like to investigate this further and respond to you.

We really appreciate your feedback and thank you for your time and for visiting us. We are so sorry that you had such a bad experience.

Mi dispiace,
Cristina & Allan
Los Angeles, California
“Why spend $ 1200 to fly to Venice (Italy) when you have Ciao Cristina around the corner?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have heard now for a couple of years about this little slice of Venezzia near Downtown Burbank and finally got to enjoy what all the buzz was about.
How refreshing it is to fine Venetian home cooking in So CAl. all the ingredients are handpicked ( it really taste like home made cuisine, not frozen nor from a can.
the decor is Venetian with an airline twist showing the real DNA of the owners. A little bit Western the song says... check thew decor, you will understand.
We went there for a dinner party that lasted 3 hours of great service, incredible food and professional service.
I alsways ask the owner or chef what they feel like cooking, the fried mushroom were among the lightest, the Mozzarella in Carrozza served with the pesto and tomato confit was heavely !
for the main course the Chicken Saltimbocca with a white wine sauce and the best ever tasted gnocchis was to be repeated as an order. simply perfect ! the rest of the party enjoyed a great pizza with a real italian crust and fresh ingredients ( no cannedTomato sauce there ), the Salmon and Fennel was cooked to perfection and the Lasagna really tasted Home made with those secret family touches.

Dessert is not to be ignored, take a tour by the display case with the Artisan made Gelati. Blood orange, pistachio ( sans the day glow green coloring and a touch of almonds, the incredible chocolate . You have to taste it, there are no words to describe it, moaning seems to be the best compliment tasting that flavor it seems....

You can not leave without tasting their Espresso or cappuccino.
we really felt taken away for 3 hours from Burbank and will gladly return again and again !
Brava Cristina !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Caro Meherio,

I am so sorry that I did not respond sooner to your wonderful review. Mi dispiace!!!

I have not been back to my hometown Venexia since we opened the restaurant so I am a little homesick.

Hope to see you soon!

Cristina
“Great food, service and the only problem was. I had to share my space at the bar while waiting n just too many customers.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

The food was authentic and tastie for good value just across from the movie studios. The wait staff were attentive and supported each other.
Thanks for a great time. Andy deMaze

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Caro Andy,

Thank you so much for the time you took to visit us and then to write such a nice review.

We also wish that we had more room and we are sorry you felt cramped. Our excuse, hope it works for you, is that we are trying to duplicate the feeling of the small spaces of Venexia!!!!

We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Cristina e Allan
Dallas, Texas
“Quality meal for reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

It's a cute, Italian mom-and-pop type establishment with comfort cuisine-pizza, pasta, and risotto. We ordered pizza with a couple of toppings. Crust was had a nice satisfying crunch and the toppings were generous. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. This is definitely a place to visit for low key, delicious Italian.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Cara Xtina,

Thank you so much for your nice review!

All our staff work very hard to provide an Italian experience here in Burbank. Say hello to big "D".

Allan & Cristina