The location is excellent. Close to everything and easy to hop on the freeway but the neighborhood is quiet (as opposed to staying right in Hollywood). Plenty of restaurants and coffee shops and the classic Bob's Big Boy is right around the corner. I love the idea they've renovated a roadside motel with simple, clean and functional necessities. I'm not big on the "extras" places add so they can charge you more like workout rooms and such. I also hate "boutique" or trendy hotels. Just so you know where I'm coming from.
- great location, parking is tight but in the 3 times we've stayed there we always found a spot in the back.
- super friendly staff. On our last trip our car broke down and we had to extend an extra day plus store a truck's worth of boxes while the car was getting repaired. They were very helpful and kept our belongings safe. Taking a lot of stress out of this unexpected event.
- Clean, simple, functional rooms with comfy beds. I like that they don't have carpet but rather polished hard floors. Hotel/motel carpet always creeps me out.
- Refrigerators in all the rooms
- rooms are a good size. We always stay in the king and they've all had a table with two chairs which is great.
- euro style industrial coffee machine in the lobby makes great late night hot chocolate and is a very welcoming sight after a long day driving down to los angeles.
- price is right
- a little heavy on the air fresher smell. While it is more the W style than the Motel 6 variety so it's not unbearable it's still applied with quite a heavy hand.
- no in room safe. In a world of iPads, iPods, laptops, and such having a secure spot to stash the goodies while out and about would be a great addition. especially because it is open walkways and there's no secure parking.
- sometimes they forget to give you the wifi log in information. Would be nice if they just had instructions in the room or at least a note that you said have to ask the front desk.
I might not recommend this if you are on a work trip and have to rely on solid wi-fi or working from your room. I didn't use my laptop but it seemed a bit spotty via my iPad.
Overall this is the best place if you need a simple, clean, safe, comfortable no frills place to stay while doing mostly out and about activities in the city and aren't looking for fancy perks or trendy hipster action.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.