“Beautiful Room, Excellent Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Tangerine Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3901 W Riverside Drive, Burbank, CA 91505   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Burbank
Austin, Texas, United States
“Beautiful Room, Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was the second time I stay at the Tangerine and the experience was amazing again. The people that work here are very friendly and helpful. This past time my reservation through Southwest did not go through, but they were still able to accomodate me for the night and the next day they were kind to let me know there was a cancellation and that I could stay the rest of the weekend. Every morning they have pasteries from Porto's Bakery and delicious coffee/hot chocolate maker. The room is beautiful and clean. This place is also in the perfect location. I love this hotel!

Room Tip: book directly on their site, I booked through Southwest and didnt realize the reservation did not go...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel during her term break from university. I originally chose the property because it appeared to be in a quiet neighborhood and was close to Warner Bros. Studio. I was not disappointed. The hotel is a renovated (several times, I suspect) 50's style motor lodge. The room we got was great with two double beds and a dresser. The hotel staff did an excellent job of keeping our room made up, and the front desk person was most helpful. The best ammenity, however, was the round-the-clock coffee/latte/capachino machine in the lobby.

The area around the hotel is great, with lots of restaurants within walking distance. However, you need to be aware of the fact that the Warner Bros. employees all tend to take lunch from 12:00 to 1:00, and the restaurants tend to get a little crowded at that time. Warner Bros. was a short walk down Riverside Drive, and I highly recommend the studio tour there.

While we were there it was a little chilly for using the pool, but it certainly looked inviting!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
san francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The location is excellent. Close to everything and easy to hop on the freeway but the neighborhood is quiet (as opposed to staying right in Hollywood). Plenty of restaurants and coffee shops and the classic Bob's Big Boy is right around the corner. I love the idea they've renovated a roadside motel with simple, clean and functional necessities. I'm not big on the "extras" places add so they can charge you more like workout rooms and such. I also hate "boutique" or trendy hotels. Just so you know where I'm coming from.

PROS:
- great location, parking is tight but in the 3 times we've stayed there we always found a spot in the back.
- super friendly staff. On our last trip our car broke down and we had to extend an extra day plus store a truck's worth of boxes while the car was getting repaired. They were very helpful and kept our belongings safe. Taking a lot of stress out of this unexpected event.
- Clean, simple, functional rooms with comfy beds. I like that they don't have carpet but rather polished hard floors. Hotel/motel carpet always creeps me out.
- Refrigerators in all the rooms
- rooms are a good size. We always stay in the king and they've all had a table with two chairs which is great.
- euro style industrial coffee machine in the lobby makes great late night hot chocolate and is a very welcoming sight after a long day driving down to los angeles.
- price is right

the negatives;
- a little heavy on the air fresher smell. While it is more the W style than the Motel 6 variety so it's not unbearable it's still applied with quite a heavy hand.
- no in room safe. In a world of iPads, iPods, laptops, and such having a secure spot to stash the goodies while out and about would be a great addition. especially because it is open walkways and there's no secure parking.
- sometimes they forget to give you the wifi log in information. Would be nice if they just had instructions in the room or at least a note that you said have to ask the front desk.

I might not recommend this if you are on a work trip and have to rely on solid wi-fi or working from your room. I didn't use my laptop but it seemed a bit spotty via my iPad.

Overall this is the best place if you need a simple, clean, safe, comfortable no frills place to stay while doing mostly out and about activities in the city and aren't looking for fancy perks or trendy hipster action.

bury manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

we stayed here the first 2 days of our trip to california last month, and were so surprised and the room, it was stunning with beautiful art, everwhere, exceptionally clean and great facilities even a pool!

The location is good if you are planning on hiring a car and visiting the sites, although it did state somewhere universal was 0.3 miles away, this is untrue you definately will need a car to get anywhere from here, as with most places you stay around LA. The only gripe we had was when we asked where they recommend for food, the reception told us the mexican next door. AS it was late, we went, and ended up paying the most for a meal that was not so good we paid during our whole trip to california, 98 dollars for 2 mains 2 starters and a drink.. not their fault but our own and I suppose a matter of taste. Would definately stay here again if ever in the area. The pastries in the morning were so nice also and the coffee!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

When booking hotels I never look for great luxury, I just need a place to sleep and wash and there to be somewhere good to eat near by. Before booking I read almost every review on trip advisor and Tangerine surpassed my expectations. The room was clean and spacious enough for me and my boyfriend to lug our cases around the side of the beds and the staff were very welcoming.
Pros- a few decent places to eat near by including Bob's big boy- an original 50's diner with a great friendly, homely atmosphere and huge portions. Also a gas station for snacks which is not your average scummy London BP station. ( get the humours strawberry shortcake Popsicle and you will thank me )
- very close to Universal studios which also has city walk which is open to even non ticket holders- it's not huge but it has a few fast food places, a couple of shops and a massive AMC cinema.
- Very close to the Warner Bros studios- if you get a chance to do the VIP tour it's so worth it, I had such a good time.
- easy travel into Burbank town centre which is small but has places to eat and a few decent stores like skate shops and a bath and body works.
- easy travel into Hollywood, the 222 from down the road stops right by the Boulevard.
- staff are more then helpful and were happy to print out/ draw directions for us and call cabs for us.

Cons- wifi could be a bit temperamental but nothing I couldn't get past.
As I don't drive all our travel was done by busses/cabs and it was a bit costly to get to Disneyland and Santa Monica for the beach.

A special thank you to Kamal- he was more then helpful and very funny along with a lovely South African guy who's name I didn't catch. They put up with me running around with no shoes on constantly running through the reception asking for scissors or paper clips or something silly.

Booking Tangerine was definitely more cost effective for my trip, I got a 7day tap card- like an Oyster card for $20 and just renewed it for the 2nd week and that got me around just fine.
If you are going to be around Hollywood alot for your trip and you are a sporting fan- check out Rollerderby at the doll factory- it was by far the highlight of my trip- I went to a championship match and it was excellent!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
WPG, MB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were in California and Las Vegas for a road trip in October. Of all the places we stayed, we enjoyed this place best. The espresso machine was really neat, the pastries were always fresh and delicious and the muffins were gigantic. It was nice to have these amenities on a busy trip.

Parking was never an issue. It was free and right behind the building.

The hotel is in a great location. Especially if you are attending a taping of a show. We saw the Jay Leno show and it was only a two minute drive to the NBC studio. It's also very close to Universal Studios. There is a great Mexican restaurant next door that is very reasonably priced and a wine shop down the road.

After staying at very large hotels the rest of our trip I really appreciated the intimacy and customer service you receive at a smaller establishment such as this.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were welcomed by an enthusiastic desk clerk. The room was beautifully remodeled. It was a convenient location. The pastries and espresso machine made for a great breakfast. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Hotel Amarano Burbank
Sheraton Universal Hotel
Sheraton Universal Hotel
#117 of 340 in Los Angeles
3.5 of 5 stars 1,117 reviews

Been to Tangerine Hotel? Share your experiences!