“Great vintage Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Burbank
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Great vintage Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We booked this on our vacation to california. We all over the state and on our stay in Burbank we choose the Tangerine because of trip advisor. We loved it, the room was alittle small, we had 2 adults and 3 kids, 11,3 and new born, but the owners had limited space I think because they just re-did an old motel. but the place was cool, clean and convenient to the studios that we wanted to tour. the staff was great and my kids and myself LOVED the pool. We walked everywhere. We would have stayed longer but my one daughter was homesick.

Room Tip: Ask for extra pillows. We didnt and we should have.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

After reading all of the positive reviews, I didn't think this hotel (really a motel) could live up to all the hype. BUT IT DOES! My husband and I were visiting our daughter who lives in North Hollywood and stayed for six nights at the Tangerine Hotel. We stayed in a room with a king bed and what appeared to be brand new carpeting. The bed was the most comfortable we have ever had in our travels. The room features a refrig; a microwave in the lobby is available to guests Housekeeping was immaculate and the office staff was always available, very courteous and helpful with directions. There is coffee and fresh pastries every morning in the lobby.

The Tangerine is in walking distance of NBC (about one mile); we went to a live taping of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Warner Bros. is located just blocks away. There are lots of decent restaurants within walking distance, including the original Bob's Big Boy.

We will definitely make this our "home away from home" when visiting our daughter and look forward to our next visit. Hard to believe that the rate is almost half of the rate of the Best Western located directly across the street! If I had to say anything negative it would be the cramped bathrooms and lack of drawers. (We basically lived out of our suitcases and hung some clothes in the wardrobe.) As others have mentioned, the sink is located in the bathroom, but that didn't bother us because our room had a large counter where we had room to spread out our toiletries.

Looking forward to our return to the Tangerine!

Room Tip: If you want carpet instead of concrete floors, ask for a room on the second floor.
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I'm not going to lie, when we drove in, we cringed a little. It's a done-up old motor hotel with back alley parking. Exterior doors. Business-type area.

But!!! It is SPOTLESS. I mean - spotless. You could eat off the floor. The staff were beyond helpful and friendly. When our key card wouldn't work, instead of just handing me a new one, the great girl at the front desk actually walked across to our room (she could still see the office and would have easily seen someone going in, just in case you are wondering she abandoned her post) and made sure it worked, which was amazing. The had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The murals are perky and colourful. The bathroom was amazing with Grohe fixtures (wish I had those in my house!). The sink is actually in with the tub, which I would have preferred it be on the counter outside so a person could shower while someone else washes up, but that's nothing and personal preference.

TV was new flat screen with tons of channels. Yes, the majority of the parking is in an alley behind the hotel...big deal. We never had trouble finding a spot and felt safe in the area, being primarily a business area, the weekends and evenings were quiet. It's walking distance to Warner Bros, there is a Credit Union ATM across the street, and Salerno's Cafe was great for morning coffee. Don Cuco's! The mexican place next door is AMAZING. The pool - again, spotless, and heated to a lovely temperature so you can have a dip, even in February.

I am singing the praises of this tiny little place to everyone I see and am already making plans to return at least twice in the next year.

Room Tip: If you are looking for the Ritz, this ain't it. If you want clean and convenient and comfortabl...
Carson City, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

It was a great hotel, nice rooms, great bedding, great location. Close to Warner Brother Studios and a wonderful coffee shop, Pricillas. Would highly recommend Pricillas, the coffee is wonderful, so much better than Starbucks. Would definitely stay at Tangerine's again. The only downfall was the parking, but if that is the worst not a bad deal. The staff was very, very friendly and accommodating.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

The Tangerine is an old motor inn that has been hipified. The rooms are your basic Super 8 with berber carpet, a comfy bed, good lighting, flat screen tv, fridge and coffee maker (with Maxwell House coffee-bleh!). The bathroom is cramped but clean. Complimentary espresso and french pastries in the morning is a nice touch, as is free wifi and free parking.

All in all, a decent place to hang your hat for under $125/night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Had a lovely night at the Tangerine Hotel. Staff was friendly and accessible. My room was right near the street so was a bit loud, but nothing I couldn't sleep through. Decor was great--not the usual blad hotel room decor. I'd come here again and will recommend it to everyone traveling to this area.

Room Tip: Choose one away from the street.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I really wanted to like this place. The idea of transforming an old motel into a cool spot is appealing. Unfortunately, I've stayed in seven different motel/hotels in the past year and this one was the noisiest. To be fair, I do believe that I was given the worst room on the property, a lower level spot at the back. That meant I could hear the warning buzz every time a car came out of the garage next door. The worst was some sort of leaf blower that went on between 10:30 pm and 11:30 pm. (Not sure but I think they may have been cleaning that garage.) When that noise stopped some other type of machinery took over. I had to leave the tv on so I could go to sleep. On the bright side, the room was clean. (Although it still had that old motel smell.) The location is good. It's a nice area of Burbank (Toluca Lake). And the best feature is a terrific cafe a few doors down called "Olive and Thyme." I recommend that place highly. Lastly, the card key system was down and I was given an old fashioned key. I was told that the door would lock automatically, that feature was still working. But it wasn't. To my horror, I learned that I had left the door unlocked when I stepped out for the evening. I read reviews mentioning the nice touch of coffee in the lobby. Not exactly. It was a multi choice coffee dispenser that had the taste of what was previously dispensed, and they had only powdered creamer. Ick. Okay, it was an off day maybe. And perhaps that noise was a one time thing. It is a good location. If you are going to stay there, ask for a second floor room, maybe on the side above the hotel office.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Tangerine Hotel? Share your experiences!