“Nice day at the rA Organic Spa” 4 of 5 stars

818-848-4772
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: An incomparable Zen-like Haven where guests enjoy supreme relaxation and rejuvenation. It is a distinctly designed spa creating and ideal environment for one's physical, mental and spiritual renewal. We offer a variety of personalized, therapeutic treatments, including organic skin care, facials, body treatments, massage and waxing. Luxurious ammenities include saunas, showers and meditation rooms. All in the heart of Downtown Burbank!
surrey, british columbia
11 attraction reviews
“Nice day at the rA Organic Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed a pleasant afternoon at the ra Organic Spa on Friday, November 12, 2010. We each had the rA 2 spa package, with my wife choosing the Thai Massage and facial, while I selected an extended 90 minute Deep Tissue Massage and facial.

The rA Organic Spa`s physical site is nice, albeit small. Space is obviously an issue and the lack of space takes away from the ambience of the place. There is no jacuzzi and there are small, separate dry saunas for men and women. There is no ``Turkish Bath`` style wet sauna. The change rooms are miniscule (the men`s change room has a curtain that shuts it off from the hallway and the after-treatment quiet room). Furthermore, the attendants need to do a better job of explaining the physical space to people and options for passing time, other than standing in the hallway or sitting beside a stranger in the after-treatment quiet room (I am sure that women probably find it creepy sitting beside a strange man in the after-treatment quiet room).

My 90 minute Deep Tissue Massage was actually one of the better massages that I have enjoyed at a commercial spa. While still not as good as my own regular licensed massage therapist, the massage was much better than a Las Vegas Hotel`s over-priced spa massage, for instance. My wife told me that she really enjoyed her somewhat unusual Thai Massage.

As for the facials, my wife obviously fared better than I did. My wife`s facial technician explained the procedure to her, including what was happening, with what materials, and why. My facial technician, on the other hand, did not ask me if I`d ever had a facial before (I have not), nor did she explain to me what was happening or why. While my wife was satisfied with her facial, I was left with no understanding of the $90 procdeure and I could tell no difference in my skin after the facial. For me, the facial was a waste of time and money.

Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is terrible and 10 is perfect, I rate rA Organic Spa as an 8.

Los Angeles, CA
“The best features of the best in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

„The first times I visited Ra I took notes about who I had seen, because the quality of the services was so extraordinary and I wanted to be sure to ask for people by name. Now I understand that everyone who works at Ra is remarkable, and that I can schedule an appointment or walk in anytime and have a great experience. Ra deserves its reputation as the best spa in the Los Angeles area. I've enjoyed great spas internationally and in LA, and it seems to me that the very best features of the best spas in the world have been sampled and re-mixed into this beautiful and relaxing place. If you approach self-care and relaxation as a medical necessity or as a spiritual retreat, you'll find everything you need to live well and be well at Ra. I cannot recommend it more highly.”

Pasadena CA
“Wisdom is knowing what to do, virtue is doing it. Best spa in the area !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

Ra Organic Spa cultivates beauty and scatters rest and relaxation. Our life at times seems to bring turmoil and discord. Visiting this spa helps me transition more into a relaxed state of mind. My favorite package they offer is the RA2 which includes a massage (deep tissue is my favorite) and a facial. Being a regular, I wonder why they only have one location? The place looks amazing; they just added saunas so I tried them out… nice! Just another added feature, before or after getting massage. Also overheard another customer saying last week “why doesn’t this place advertise?” This place will be packed as soon as more people find out about this place. I agree, the owners must have a architecture and design background…. Its unique indescribably simple and beautiful. – wish they open a location in the Pasadena area.. but the drive is worth it.. its were all the stores are, so it fits into my fancy…

Pros: Staff, hospitality, mood setting music through out

Cons: only one location, packed on the weekends- getting too popular