“Great time” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 199 Restaurants in Buena Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Experience the excitement of North America’s #1 dinner attraction. Feast on a delicious four-course meal featuring garlic cheese bread, vegetable soup, roasted chicken, spare rib, herb-basted potato, pastry and two rounds of beverage while watching spectacular equestrian routines performed by beautiful Andalusian stallions. Then, cheer for brave knights on horseback competing in medieval games of skill, exciting sword fights and an authentic jousting tournament. It’s an unforgettable evening for the entire family.
“Great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Loved it the food is fantastic, the show was great!! Was dissatisfied with the picture I paid extra for, eyes were closed and they didn't catch it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Beaverton
“Fun- worth the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

It seems a little spendy at first glance, but when you call to reserve, ask about specials. There was a BOGO deal when we went, although it still avaraged $55 per person.

It is cheesy, exciting, fun. Nobody is too cool to wear the color coded, Burger King-like hats they give you when you go in (which color hat you get determines which "knight" you root for.

The torture chamber was interesting, and worth the $2 admission.

We were seated by very friendly staff, the food was plantiful and tasty. Nothing fancy, after all, this is the medieval times and there is no silverware!

The show was exciting, funny and exhilarating. Definitely worth doing!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fun For All Ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have three kids and for each of their birthdays this year, my husband and I surprised each child with an activity. We chose Medieval Times for our middle child who turned 9 because she adores horses and eating with her hands. She knew we were doing something for her birthday and was allowed to invite friends but the destination was a surprise for the whole group of kids. Buena Park is about an hour and a half away from home but is so worth the trip! I recommend getting there when the gates open (roughly 90 minutes before show time) There are several gift shops and bars to pass the time as well as the live horses on display that are used in the show. I was a little disappointed that the horses were behind glass but understand the company wanting to keep tiny fingers safe.
The bars are a nice touch for the adults and the prices are about what you would expect. By far the best deal is to buy the ceramic beer stein which holds about a pint and a half for $20 and then get refills for $6-8 depending on what you choose to refill it with. After you're done with your drink you get to keep the cup. Fun and practical souvenir!
The kids loved shopping for treasures at the gift shops and seeing the horses while waiting to be called for the show.
When it came time to go to our seats, they have such a fun way of organizing how you are seated. There are several different colored sections ( we were red). Some men in costume would announce with fanfare which group would go to which door and sometimes pit one color group against the other to see who can cheer the loudest and therefore be seated first. All in good fun. The food and the show are both kid friendly. Everyone in our group had a fantastic time. My daughter (birthday girl) walked out after the show saying she couldn't wait to go again! We had a group of 15 which got us a decent discount. I chose not to upgrade to any party package @ $7 per person. We had a great time without it. I did buy each kid a flag to wave @ $1 a piece and that was enough to make them happy. If you have ever considered going, please do. You'll be glad you did!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
California
“Fun times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Fun place. Can be a little pricy, so look for coupons or online discounts. Food is better than I expected and the show is awesome. Kids had a blast! You might need to get a loan to buy a beer though... I do not recommend buying any alcohol here. Very costly. Other than that, no complaints. Have fun!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Torrance, California
“Fun place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

First off, this place is pretty expensive so definitely look for specials on the Internet. The Castle is beautiful and the horses are amazing. The first horse that came out was so white, it almost seems to be glowing. I half expected to see a unicorn horn on it... BEAUTIFUL!!!! I went with a group of 8 and was the only vegetarian in that group. My dinner was a vegetarian lasagna, probably stouffers frozen lasagna. It was good, not great. But in the end I really knew what I was paying for was the show and not my meal. Now for the carnivores in my group, there were really no complaints. There was enough chicken on that plate for 2 or 3 meals.!!! The soup was very good, the bread was bread, lol... The potato wedges were just that, and one rib.. Now the apple turnover was FANTASTIC!
Now for the show, it was fun to cheer on your knight, and booooo the others... A little fakey but really fun.. There was even a proposal while we were there!! She said yes..!!! I really did enjoy the show and my kids had a ball!!!! After the show is over you can get pictures with your knight or any of the other knights as well outside of the arena.
My kids and I are very big Merlin fans so this was an awful lot of fun. All in all if I had out of town visitors I would totally do it again...
One more thing, they sell flags that are the color of your knight for 1 dollar or 5 dollars... The $1.00 flags are smaller, and less in the way, and make a fun whipping sound when you wave them. The $5.00 flags are bigger, but I opted for the smaller ones and they were great... Also the seating is close together, so you might want to wait to buy swords or shields or larger gift shop items until the show is over.. There really is no good place to store the items during the show.
Have fun!!! I hope this helps!!!