“This hotel needs a facelift.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn - Near Maingate Knott's

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn - Near Maingate Knott's to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn - Near Maingate Knott's
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7930 Beach Boulevard, Buena Park, CA 90620 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Alcalde, New Mexico
“This hotel needs a facelift.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here because of the rate & location. The room was in great need of renovation. The restroom was the main problem. The walls were cracked and in need of paint. The sink was a wall hung sink which left no where to keep toiletries. The wi fi only worked outside and the public computer didn't work. Our room was adjacent to breakfast area so it was noisy early in a.m. The parking lot was also small and felt a bit unsafe. Would only recommend if you are on tight budget & not very picky. I give it a 4 on a 1-10.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
La Crescenta, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

The nice thing about this place is the proximity to the theme park. The staff was polite and it has a pool and jacuzzi. However, the towels and sheets smelled and felt horrible. The people above us had a party and stayed up all night. I called and visited the front desk three times and all they did was call. There were drunks stumbling around and they even threw up in the halls, but nothing was done. The jacuzzi had kids yelling well after the ten pm closure time. When I asked for a manager or owner, I was told only a clerk was present and there would be no one to help me. I got zero sleep and all I was offered was an extra two hours for checkout. I needed to drive seven hours, but the house is still going at 8 am. Spend the few extra hours and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Nicer hotels a mile north, but if you like loud neighbors and no support, then this place is for you...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fontana, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was very impressed by the friendly staff and personnel. If you book in advance it is very reasonable. The room was clean and filled with great amenities. e.g. (full size refrigerator, electric range, microwave, television, wi-fi internet -password available at front desk). It is walking distance from Knotts Berry Farm so you can save money from parking. Lots of restaurant around walking distance as well. It has a pool and free breakfast. I highly recommend it for people who are on a budget and still get good service and amenities. I will come back for sure

Room Tip: book in advance choose non - smoking section
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Trona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I booked this hotel before I read the reviews. Boy, am I glad I did. It's true, this hotel is an older one but like my granddaughter said "Older doesn't mean bad" The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. You can't beat the price or the location when going to Knotts.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Madras, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed here based on Tripadvisor reviews. Yikes. The staff at the desk were not in the least friendly or helpful, none of them. The entire entry area and check-in process is weird, leaving you feeling like there must be a lot of crime in the area. The room was shabby, holes in the sheets, way out-of-date decor; small bathroom with no towel racks or fan and thin, cheap towels. We even got to listen to someone dragging suitcases down the stairs in the wee hours. Oh, skip the 'breakfast'.

I was embarrassed that I had selected this motel. I have been all over Europe where small and modest can surprise you, but I felt like I hit bottom with this one. I am SURE we could have done better.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bentonville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We had a mixed experience at this place. Facility was run down with old carpets, old air conditioners and old appliances. Bathroom was tiny. But the beds were comfortable. The facility had many many posted warnings about stealing towels, soap or taking breakfast items out of the breakfast room. The lady on the reception desk was trying to help everyone, but I did not see her smiling once. On the other hand the location is great. It is right across from Knott Berry Farm and people visiting Knott Berry can just cross the road to get there without the hessel of driving or finding parking. It is close to highway and great restaurants. It also has a 24 hour subway besides it, so finding food cannot be an issue if you feel hungry in the middle of the night. There pool was cleaner than other similar facilities and I enjoyed it. Recommended for people visiting Knott Berry.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We were really happy to find this great low-priced hotel so close to Knotts and Medieval Times (our big vacation plans for our very short trip). At check-in, everything went smoothly and our room, when we got there, was clean and smelled fresh. The hotel area itself was also tidy and well-maintained and seemed like a safe and clean place for our family vacation. We didn't have a chance to use the pool, but the pool area was sparkling clean and looked like it would be a lot of fun on a warmer day.

We really appreciated being walking distance to Knott's and to Medieval Times. Walking back to the hotel from M.T. after 9pm felt fine - safe and a short walk, and much easier than trying to navigate the car through traffic!

Our biggest disappointment came during the night, when all four of us - 2 adults and 2 children - had a sleepless night on the most uncomfortable mattresses ever! We all woke up with sore backs and stiff necks. However, we went to the continental breakfast and enjoyed some cereal, toast, and coffee, and felt a little better.

Would I recommend this hotel? If you're not picky about mattresses, I would. We may also have just gotten a bad one, since I don't see other reviewers complaining. We had no complaints in any other area - staff was friendly, rooms and common areas were clean, etc. Location was unbeatable!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn - Near Maingate Knott's? Share your experiences!