“A hotel for family.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Taipei, Taiwan
“A hotel for family.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Holiday Inn Buena Park located at southern LA, which is about 40 minutes away from Universal Studio or Hollywood, but pretty close to Disneyland. The room was clean and pretty comfortable with large flat TV and complimentary WiFi (a big bonus). Be aware of the refrigerator, it didn't function well and my Ben & Jerry melt down in the freezing part. Breakfast was ok but only had limited choices. There is a Target crossing the street and it's really convenient if you need something. Generally, this hotel is ok. The pool was under maintenance during our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. We're happy that you found our location near Los Angeles and minutes from Disneyland convenient during your recent vacation. Our pool is being upgraded but we are looking forward to having it back and open before Spring Break vacation is upon us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We always stay here when traveling to the area. The location to Disneyland is perfect, just a short drive on the freeway. The front desk staff is always friendly when we check-in, no matter what time. The rooms are always clean (so important to me) and a good size for our whole family. We have only eaten breakfast in the restaurant, but the food was good and so was the service. We have taken advantage of the shuttle service to Disneyland and it was very convenient and the driver was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone - families and business travelers both. Thank you to the staff for making us always feel welcomed!

Room Tip: We usually end up on the 3rd floor and have always had luck with that, but I would imagine all rooms...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We are so pleased that you found our hotel a 'nice, clean and friendly place.' That is certainly our goal! We do appreciate your detailed feedback as we look to reviews to guide us on, not only what we are doing well, but what we can do to continue to improve our services and amenities. Safe Travels!
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Website says pool is down starting Jan 7th for 4 weeks. Called last week because we are due to check in tomorrow, and the said pool was already done. Great! Well, website still says its down. Do I called again to double check, and its still closed. So instead of being honest with me last week and giving me the chance to change hotels, they lied to me. Im now stick with this hotel and no pool, and I will have a very upset husband and kids. Thanks.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Let us apologize for the error our representative made when you called. You are correct that our pool is being renovated. We do have an arrangement with the hotel next door for the use of a pool for the convenience of guests. We certainly do not want to be dishonest or unclear, which is why we've posted the information online, but we will be sure to clarify with our front desk team to ensure they are giving accurate information.
TELFORD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We arrived here late afternoon straight from the airport. We needed to get to Disneyland ASAP. We checked with concierge and the next scheduled shuttle bus was over an hour later, but the bell captain (Victor) offered to take us almost straight away. Now that's service! Within half an hour we were enjoying the disney parks, wasting no time. The rooms looked recently refurbished and were clean, tidy and comfortable. We were here for three nights and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Although the hotel has a restaurant, it is close to a Sizzler and a Black Angus. You are only a mile from Knotts Berry Farm and 6 mile from Disneyland/California Adventure. The hotel offers a free shuttle. All the staff were great and very helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review and recommendation. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Disneyland!
Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had a 2 night stay for a visit to Knotts Berry Farm and arrived late in the day. When I got to our room I immediatley realized someone had smoked in the room before our stay. I think I am just more sensitive to it than others but still my husband could smell it although it did not bother him as much. I even found ashes by the desk lamp in the room. I called the front desk and they said they were booked and were unable to move me until the next day. The next morning we packed all our stuff and left it in the room and I spoke to the front desk who said they were sold out and there was nothing they could do. I told her what I was told the night before and she apologized but still did not budge. I told her I would not be paying for my previous nights visit because it was not a pleasant experience. She asked if I wanted to talk to the manager and I said yes. Javier came and spoke to me and immediatley offered to remedy the situation. He said they would move all our packed belongings to the new room while we were gone. I dont know how he managed to do it but he did move us to a nice, fresh smelling clean room. I was very happy about his promptness and immediate customer service. When we got back that night I went to the front desk and before I could even explain the sitiation the clerk already knew of my sitatuion and gave me my new room key. Overall it was a very pleasant stay except for the first night in a smoky room. I know they can help someone smoking in there but I would really try and air it out before a guest arrives expecting a non-smoking room. We tried to eat breakfast at the restaurant with our $20.00 voucher but the wait staff was taking so long to just get us menus that we left. The free parking and wi-fi was awesome and a huge savings to a family on a budget.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We'd like to apologize for your initial frustrations - we understand it's not pleasant when someone has previously smoked in a non-smoking room. We are pleased that Javier was able to rectify the situation quickly and efficiently.
Thank you for your feedback and review.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We have stayed here a number of times and I doubt we will be returning. The carpeting and door paint appears run down. The rooms are very average and the restaurant on-site is convenient for breakfast (but not special.. although the price is very reasonable). They offer shuttle service to Disneyland (but it ends at 10pm on most nights). The staff was attentive and moved us to another room very quickly when we encountered some issues but the property needs an overhaul if they intend to retain guests (it just doesn't feel special).

Room Tip: The rooms are all very similar to avoid upgrades as they may not be worth the extra $'s.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We do appreciate your feedback. We have been under room renovations since this summer and have just completed all guestrooms, which has been very exciting. We've loved the great comments we are receiving on our new rooms. Public areas are next on the list to renovate - including (as noted) carpet and paint, but much, much more that is sure to WOW new and returning guests alike. We look forward to seeing you on a future visit and hearing your feedback about our new look.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Overall - I am very pleased with the hotel facilities and hospitality. I spend my first time holiday with my wife in LA from 30 Nov 2012 to 7 Dec 2012 and my room is 273. All staff are very friendly. I was staying there for 7 days 8 nights - I feel like home - breakfast is OK although I'm expecting the buffet style instead of ala carte breakfast style. Cleanliness and parking is excellence. My suggestion - it is much better if the hotel can provide porter to asisst customer during check in and check out time.

Room Tip: Your better make request to get room near to the elivator if your are not fit to walk .
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We're so pleaesd you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Please note for future reference, that we do have a Bell Desk for assistance in shuttles and for guests needing additional assistance getting luggage to their guestrooms. Please let us know how we can assist you during your stay!

Been to Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!