“Enjoyed my Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim Buena Park/Disney North

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim Buena Park/Disney North to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim Buena Park/Disney North
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Madison, WI
“Enjoyed my Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed for three nights recently at this hotel as part of a trip to Disneyland. I have stayed at a number of Fairfields all over the country and this one had some pros and some cons. Overall, I would stay there again.

On the plus side, it's very close to Disney. It took us 7-8 minutes to drive to the park. While they don't offer a gourmet breakfast, it's better than other Fairfield breakfasts I have experienced because they did offer two hot food items each morning....eggs, bacon, etc. Most other Fairfields I have been to have only offered carbs, carbs, carbs. Our King room was small but adequate. Very clean. Also, 20 minute drive to the John Wayne Airport (SNA).

On the down side, it wasn't in the most swanky neighborhood. We walked to Fuddruckers (down the road) one night for dinner and were glad it was just a short walk because we didn't want to be out there that long at night. I guess that a benefit to not being in a high end neighborhood is that the parking is free and it didn't take many points to book my rewards stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fresno, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

If you're looking to save a few dollars and avoid the hotels directly surrounding Disneyland, this is a decent value. The staff is great, but the hotel is very simple and the walls could use a little better soundproofing. Free WiFi worked great, which is a huge plus. The biggest problem is the breakfast, which is free. Unfortunately, it's not free of problems. On the day we were there, it was so crowded, there was a long line down a narrow walkway just to get to the breakfast bar.

The breakfast selection isn't great, which is fine since our expectations weren't that high. But the seating area was tight, and it really wasn't worth the trouble. Ideally the hotel will remodel the breakfast area in the near future and perhaps create a buffet-style setup in the middle of the room and then add more seating somehow.

That said, the location is good (although it can take longer than 10 minutes to get to Disneyland if there's traffic) and the staff was friendly. There are surely better options closer to Disneyland, but this Fairfield Inn will work if everything else is sold out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Ramon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

First, easy to find. Right off of the freeway, and you're there. Parking-plenty of it, and no charge. And only 10 minutes to Disneyland; 5 minutes to Knott's; and 30 minutes to downtown LA.

The staff were all very friendly, professional and didn't take forever to process my reservation. It's close to EVERYTHING. Across the street is a Target and a Denny's. Many other facilities within a short drive. I was going down for a wedding in Anaheim, and this fit the bill. Very clean and quiet.

Had the morning breakfast where there was more than enough food. For the price, it can't be beaten. Overall, a great value.

Was there a downside? Sure. It's location to Disneyland. If you're going there, then you're aces. Otherwise, expect to have kids yelling and running up and down the halls (apparently parents don't discipline their children) excited to go; or tearing up the breakfast buffet; or knocking on my door even when I have a "Do Not Disturb" sign hanging.

The wi-fi works well, but it was a tad confusing to click on the right place on the screens, but no problems once I figured it out. The jacuzzi was hot and clean.

Did I mention it was only 10 minutes from Disneyland? Do yourself a favor. Stay here. You won't be disappointed. I can bring my girlfriend here and know that I won't be embarrassed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
EvelynW0211, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim Buena Park/Disney North, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback! We hope to see you again soon!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel is a nice hotel to bring families, located close to Knotts Berry Farm. The staff was pretty helpful with directions and printing out maps for me. The breakfast was good, would have liked a little more sitting area though. The refridgerator and coffee maker was nice to have in the room especially when traveling with kids. The only bad thing was the walls are a little thin, the people next to us were very noisy so we had to put the tv on to drown out the sounds a little. A great location, had a lot of places nearby to eat and visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Apache Junction, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel looks new. It is clean, the rooms are roomy, the beds are comfy and have “sheet on sheet” (no nasty spread or comforter). There is a fridge, microwave and coffee pot in the room. Breakfast was included with eggs, waffles, muffins, biscuits & gravy, cereal, fruit and more. The breakfast area was clean and the food was fresh and well stocked. The staff was friendly and efficient. We got a call from the front desk five minutes after we got to the room to check if everything was to our satisfaction. It is a 5-minute car ride to Knotts Berry Farm. Unfortunately, there is nothing but chain restaurants nearby for dinner. We were very pleased with this Fairfield Inn and would certainly return.

cinti
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our vacation for 10 nights The hotel was very clean, well maintained. The staff was very friendly We had a suite which was nice for when we brought our grand child over to visit. The bed was very firm but comfortable enough. Breakfast was typical for a hotel buffett Now on to my issues with this hotel Wifi worked poorly First two days no problem after that could not connect or connected poorly Staff did try and fix issues but never were able to resolve. I just gave up on complaining . Upon checking out we were told that most suites have this issue because they were in the corners except for one room If I had been told this I would have requested that room (wifi was very crucial in our desision for hotel as my husband owns his own business) Management offered apology but no discount on time with no service. Second issue was the strange room charges for odd amounts the night auditor tried to explain to me but it really did not make much sense I am still waiting for amounts to drop off account as it has only been a couple of days. Would I stay again, maybe if above issue can be corrected. I would rate higher if the aboves issues had not occured

Room Tip: Room 401 internet service poor, lamp in living room works on an off and bathroom in living area does...
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed four nights recently and got to know this hotel well. You can tell from the elevators that the property is older but it's been nicely remodeled and is up to typical Fairfield standards. The rooms are smaller but efficient in layout, they have a nice work desk and small sitting chair. The heater/AC is good with a constant fan option. TV is a nice flat screen with some channels for kids and the typical cable selection. Excellent wifi signal and quality but kind of annoying how often you have to accept the terms and conditions. Fridge and Micro are helpful. Showers and the bathroom are typical of Fairfield, everything worked well. Beds were clean and comfortable but left my back hurting from the hardness.

The morning breakfast is great but can get very busy. Good for kids as there's a nice variety and some healthy options. We enjoyed the outdoor hot tub and pool, but plan on the pool being chilly in the winter months.

Next door to the hotel is a liquor/ convenience store (a little sketchy, but ok), a Subway and some other restaurants. If you're headed to Disneyland you can take the carpool lane the whole way and even exit to Disney from the carpool lane - very handy had we known.

We would recommend this hotel overall. Great staff was very friendly and helpful. Well managed property.

Room Tip: Avoid the elevator area, doors don't have much soundproofing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim Buena Park/Disney North? Share your experiences!