“Made our honeymoon perfect !!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Knotts Berry Farm Tickets
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Made our honeymoon perfect !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I stated here on our honeymoon to LA.
We exchanged a few emails with the operations manager of the hotel before we arrived and informed them it was our honeymoon. When we got to our suite they had left us a hamper and a beautiful personal letter to say congratulations. This was just the start of the excellent customer service we received throughout out two week stay. Every single staff member from manager to cleaning staff was polite and friendly and always said hello. Any requests such as to call a taxi were done straight away nothing was to much trouble.
We wanted to stay close enough to LA to visit everything but not right in the hustle and bustle of downtown and this location and hotel was perfect.
The facilities on site were excellent a nice outdoor pool,jacuzzi, outdoor seating area with fire, gym,a lovely bar area and a very nice restaurant which we had breakfast in every morning. The hotel is also very good for business travellers as it has free wifi and 3 computers for guests to use at their will.

We would recommend staying here to anyone going to LA for any reason and cannot speak highly enough of the service we received.

Danielle and Andy

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

It was a really close hotel to Knott's Berry Farm. The room was really clean and the hotel was a little old but the cleanliness was awesome. The only concern was that they didn't have free breakfast but that's okay because there's a Burger King across the street, we just walked to Burger King because it was close. The service was good and the beds were awesome. The upstairs room (which we had) also includes a balcony, and this hotel offers really big rooms. They also have a 24/7 market and Bistro downstairs. It is also across the street from Mediveal Times and Pirate's Dinner Adventrure.

Room Tip: This is also a good hotel to stay at during weekends because all courtyards have weekend "disco...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is your standard Courtyard by Marriott hotel. For those who are wondering, it is within easy walking distance to the Knott's parks(Berry Farm and Soak City). There are several eateries within walking distance as well. If you stay here, save your cash and walk.to Knott's.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The rooms were clean and spacious. I liked the fact that the bed was away from an adjoining room's walls (the bed was against the wall to the bathroom and had about a foot between the wall and the side of the bed). I loved the balcony and sat out there to read my book and drink my coffee in the morning!! The staff was friendly and helpful. I am allergic to down and they had my feather free request all set for us when we checked in. It is within walking distance to Knotts and a few minutes from Disneyland. When we return to go to Disneyland or do anything in the LA area I will definitely plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the courtyard have cute little balconies with chairs.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Erie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed here with my family during my recent family vacation. I requested a microwave and the staff was wonderful in putting one in our room before we got there. The rooms are clean and spacious. The building is a little on the old side but they have done a fabulous job with remodeling and also keeping the hotel clean.

Stayed May 2014
Yucca Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

My wife and I are staying here tonight. It's just as nice as the courtyard in Palm Springs, but is much closer to attractions and restaurants. Wished they didn't do an automatic hold of $20 in my credit card but other courtyard by marriots seem to do the same. The room is very comfy for a night and such a great base for things to do. It'd be nice if they had a free breakfast but they don't.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed at this hotel 4/30/14. Not a terrible place but an older hotel. The room has a governor on the air conditioning that holds it to 65 degrees at the lowest. Let me say the temp in the room wasn't 65 or lower but the air cut off and I was still warm. The room is old but well kept.

My boss and I make reservations for each other when we travel together under our name as it is easier than trying to do so for two different names. When we arrive we make sure each of us gets credit for Marriott Rewards Points. This time my boss made the reservation and when I checked in the front desk clerk was a snot by saying I suppose you are going to take the points from him too.

That comment didn't make me warm and fuzzy. She made me feel like she didn't put it under may name. Had to call the front desk to confirm she actually registered me under my name. Terrible parking at this location as you have to park way on the side or as I did in the back with no way to get in except to walk all the way around the building to the front.

Bottom line is for a Marriott property I wasn't impressed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CamiloB, General Manager at Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott in Buena Park. I apologized for the inconvenience you have experienced with the room air conditioner unit. I will follow up with the hotels maintenance department to ensure e this unit is fix. I am appalled to know you were not treated well by our front desk associate, it is completely unacceptable for any of our associates to be unfriendly and more so to make those types of remarks about your rewards points. I will make sure we share your comments with all team members and use this as a reinforcement training opportunity. You have also indicated your dissatisfaction with our parking logistics. We do have a total of 6 side entrances to the building located around the perimeter of the hotel accessible using the hotel room key, however they are located too far apart from some of the rooms.
Our goal is to ensure you leave our hotel a 100% satisfied and based on your comments; we did not meet your expectations. I hope you give us a second chance in the near future to demonstrate to you our commitment to service excellence.
Camilo