“Great hotel and location and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Erie
“Great hotel and location and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed here with my family during my recent family vacation. I requested a microwave and the staff was wonderful in putting one in our room before we got there. The rooms are clean and spacious. The building is a little on the old side but they have done a fabulous job with remodeling and also keeping the hotel clean.

Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Yucca Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

My wife and I are staying here tonight. It's just as nice as the courtyard in Palm Springs, but is much closer to attractions and restaurants. Wished they didn't do an automatic hold of $20 in my credit card but other courtyard by marriots seem to do the same. The room is very comfy for a night and such a great base for things to do. It'd be nice if they had a free breakfast but they don't.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed at this hotel 4/30/14. Not a terrible place but an older hotel. The room has a governor on the air conditioning that holds it to 65 degrees at the lowest. Let me say the temp in the room wasn't 65 or lower but the air cut off and I was still warm. The room is old but well kept.

My boss and I make reservations for each other when we travel together under our name as it is easier than trying to do so for two different names. When we arrive we make sure each of us gets credit for Marriott Rewards Points. This time my boss made the reservation and when I checked in the front desk clerk was a snot by saying I suppose you are going to take the points from him too.

That comment didn't make me warm and fuzzy. She made me feel like she didn't put it under may name. Had to call the front desk to confirm she actually registered me under my name. Terrible parking at this location as you have to park way on the side or as I did in the back with no way to get in except to walk all the way around the building to the front.

Bottom line is for a Marriott property I wasn't impressed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CamiloB, General Manager at Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott in Buena Park. I apologized for the inconvenience you have experienced with the room air conditioner unit. I will follow up with the hotels maintenance department to ensure e this unit is fix. I am appalled to know you were not treated well by our front desk associate, it is completely unacceptable for any of our associates to be unfriendly and more so to make those types of remarks about your rewards points. I will make sure we share your comments with all team members and use this as a reinforcement training opportunity. You have also indicated your dissatisfaction with our parking logistics. We do have a total of 6 side entrances to the building located around the perimeter of the hotel accessible using the hotel room key, however they are located too far apart from some of the rooms.
Our goal is to ensure you leave our hotel a 100% satisfied and based on your comments; we did not meet your expectations. I hope you give us a second chance in the near future to demonstrate to you our commitment to service excellence.
Camilo
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was on back to back business trips and needed to find a low cost hotel in an area with things to do. This hotel worked out great. I needed to do laundry and I new a Courtyard would have one. This one did and they were able to put me in a room near it so I didn't have to lug laundry all across the hotel. Within walking distance is nice Starbucks. Knott's Berry Farm is just down the road and Disneyland a short drive away. It was a good weekend break from by business trip. Staff was great, room was great. On my list of return to hotels. Also they had plenty of free parking.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Courtyard by Marriott - Anaheim Buena Park is a standard Courtyard. It has nice rooms, free internet, a fridge in the room and has the same general layout as all of the Courtyards (e.g., two wings with three stories each and a center area with the guest services, common area, and the restaurant). The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. It’s down the road from Knotts Berry Farm so there were a lot of families with kids at this location. I didn’t eat at this location so I can’t comment on the restaurant. There are a lot of restaurants nearby to this location due to its proximity to Knotts Berry Farm.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Enjoyed our stay. Rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I will be happy to return if the opportunity presented itself.
The hot tip: ask for a first floor room facing the interior courtyard. These rooms have a walk out area to the court yard, with nice access to the pool area.

Stayed April 2014
Davis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I've stayed at many Marriott Courtyard hotels in the past, and usually they are pretty decent ....but this was not up to Marriott standards at all. The room seemed clean, but the bathroom sink smelled! At first I thought it would go away or needed cleaning, but every day the same sewer like odor was there, I had to use the water in the bath tub as I couldn't stand running the water to even brush my teeth or wash my face! I went to the front desk to discuss the issue, and I was ignored. The front desk person was staring at his computer screen, never acknowledged my presence until another front desk staff member told him to help me out. By that time I decided to cut my stay short and checked out early. Worst stay ever and I'll continue to frequent the Marriott chain in other locations, but I will never stay at the Anaheim/Buena Park location again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
CamiloB, Manager at Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park.

You indicated in your response that the sink in the room smelled and the Front Desk staff was not helpful; I do apologize for both of these inconveniences. I am sorry you didn’t receive the service expected from our Front Desk staff I will ensure they will not do this again. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your room and staff expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

SHARON WILSON
Operations Manager
Buena Park Courtyard by Marriott
sharon.e.wilson@marriott.com
714-670-6600

Been to Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park? Share your experiences!