“NIce Hotel, friendly staff, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Knotts Berry Farm
Ranked #1 of 19 hotels in Buena Park
Sunnyvale, California
“NIce Hotel, friendly staff, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I only don't give this a five star because of the lack of free breakfast, and the obviously pool-related musty chlorine odor that was present throughout the hallways and rooms, but do no be alarmed, it was a very nice hotel! I really would recommend it to anyone staying in the Buena Park area.

We arrived near midnight for check in due to the drive from the bay area during commute hours, but the front desk staff was still very nice. We got our room assigned, but realized it was at the end of the hallway next to the ice machine. My husband and I seem to have a running gag where we always get stuck next to a loud ice machine that will wake us up all night in almost every hotel we have been to. I called the front desk from our room and he quickly fixed the situation and moved us to another room on the same floor down the hall within minutes. I wish I could remember his name, because he was so nice about it, even though I knew I was being a pain by asking, and it was late at night. Same room layout and accommodations, just no loud ice machine on the other side of the wall.

The rooms were nearly soundproof once you were in them though from the loud voices outside. We heard a lot of people walking through the halls practically yelling, but once they got to their rooms all became quiet again. Whether that was by chance, or just good insulation, I don't care. I am just happy I got to sleep. Too bad the ice machine wasn't as sound-proof.

The walk to Knott's Berry Farm was short, and Medieval Times was directly across the street, which I appreciated after a few beers and a late show.

Overall, I was very happy with the hotel and the location, definitely would stay there again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: stay away from rooms near the ice machine and elevators, too much noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CamiloB, General Manager at Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Buena Park, and thank you for taking the time to give us such thorough feedback about your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that our staff exceeded your expectations. If you find yourself staying at our hotel again, keep your eyes peeled for our rates that include breakfast – they are slightly higher, but well worth it in the long run.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Camilo Bruce – General Manger

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Palmdale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I enjoyed our stay here, it was very clean and comfortable and right across the street from our venue. The room was neat and clean and an extremely comfortable bed with a lot of pillows (my favorite). The staff were very friendly and helpful. They have a small snack shop with a nice variety, but the prices are very steep and I feel should be lowered. (A 12oz Mikes Lemonade cost $6.75)
This is the only reason for the 4 rating rather than 5. I did not use the Bistro, but it looked very clean and comfortable. We did use the pool, it was clean and relaxing but it is small, would like to see larger towels offered. Whirlpool is nice too.

Room Tip: if you are staying more than one night you may want to look into a room with a patio by the pool are...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Buena Park during your recent visit to Southern California, and thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope you look to us in the future, should you find yourself traveling to the area in the again.

Thank you again for choosing Marriott and we look forward to your next stay.

Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have stayed at many great Courtyard Marriott's throughout the country. This property looked good on paper, and it's location was ideal. close to Knott's Berry Farm, our destination. The beds were comfortable, and our room was large and quiet. The downside was the room had a very strong oder, as if the maids tried to cover up a smoking room smell. It was truly kind of nauseating. The worst offense at this hotel was the "restaurant", the Bistro. We had dinner and breakfast there and the food was horrid. Most of all the dishes we ordered tasted strange as if they were frozen, then microwaved. Yuck. The staff was the best thing about the hotel, very helpful and professional. However, we will not be staying here again. Oh, and they make a big deal about serving Starbucks coffee, but they do not bother to supply the hotel rooms with the Starbucks brand, next to the coffee maker, just some vague Columbian brand. Unfortunate.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room on the ground floor so you can open your windows and sliding glass doors to air...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Buena Park, and thank you for your candid feedback.

Our staff takes great pride in keeping the cleanliness standards high at our hotel and I am disappointed to hear that you had such a strong, unpleasant odor in your room. I have addressed this with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Also, we are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the food quality the Bistro – Eat. Drink. Connect. Your comments came as a surprise to us, as we do not have microwaves in our kitchen. In the future, please let our staff know that you are dissatisfied, and they will be happy to replace your entrée.

Thank you again for choosing Marriott; and thank you for all of your terrific feedback. Comments like yours help us improve our hotel and the overall guest experience.

Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in June 2013, my house was being tented/termite. Nice reception area, nice restaurant area, outdoor seating, nice garden. Did not eat at restaurant so do not know about the food. Nice clean rooms, clean hotel. price is very reasonable. Staff was helpful. Comfortable bed and room. Did not use gym or any other facilities, i wish the gym had a bike. There are restaurants nearby. This hotel had a homey and comfortable feel to it. They had a television in the lobby.

The bed is comfortable and my room was comfortable. Would have liked a full length mirror in the room. Liked that there is an alarm clock in the room; liked the fridge in the room. Free WIFI and free parking. Enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Buena Park; we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

While we do not offer a stationary bike in our gym, we do offer several other fitness machines to help assist our guests in keeping their workout routine during their stay.

Thank you again for choosing Marriott and we look forward to your next visit.

Camilo Bruce - General Manager
Spring Valley, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Buena Park on May 31st for two nights. Most of the hotels in this immediate area are run down and or in need of an update. They have torn down many of the sleazy hotels in the area, but now those are just empty lots. If you want to be close to Knotts Berry Farm (two blocks away), Pirate Dinner Theatre and Medieval Times right across the street, this place can't be beat. The rooms were very comfortable, beds, linens, towels and new furniture.

They have a desk with a full pull out table, refrigerator, couch with fold out full bed. Flat screen TV in the 37" to 40" range. The have sliding glass doors in all rooms. The rooms that face the parking lot, only open up a foot. The rooms in the pool area all open to balconies or open patios. The bathrooms were redone and are decently sized with a separate area for the sink. The toilet and tub are in a separate room.

The pool is very small, but clean. They have padded lounges and umbrellas. Some people I saw enjoying it as the weather was nice. The have an outside fire pit. It runs on a timer so, you can light it at will. The pit has some comfy chairs, that may not last the wear of the guests and outside elements.

They have a very nice small lobby. There are areas to work or TV screens to watch and relax. WIFI is free in all areas of the hotel. I used the WIFI and it was one the best hotel connections I have seen. This is probably due to the business clients they have during the week.

Since the is a business hotel it appeals to families and couples, as the prices do not raise over the weekends, like most hotel do.

Behind the front desk, which is kind of informal, but very pleasant. The clerk kind of appears from behind two circular walls and then greets you. I saw this happen several times and not just to myself. On the side of the front desk is a 24 hour snack area. You can get chips, soda, beer, wine and some microwave pizzas and lean cuisines.

They have a restaurant in the lobby. It is in an open area, not very private with people walking in and out of the lobby. The food looked good, but I never tried any. They serve breakfast and dinner and Starbucks coffee.

There also a large Starbucks in front of the old Wax Museum. There are plenty of places to eat, several Asians restaurants, fast food, Outback, Claim Jumper all in walking distance.

Like I said the place is clean, I would come prepared, as snacks can be expensive in the lobby. $4 for a large water, but that really isn't bad. The rooms have refrigerators, that work fine, mine was humming away most of the time a little irritating since it is next to the TV. TV reception was excellent and they have some HD movie channels and two HBO channels. The air conditioners look like the same ones from before remodeling and work fine ,but are the indoor/outdoor kind that make a lot of noise.

Overall very pleasant stay, everything has that new replaced or painted smell, In a good way.
I would highly recommend this place to any traveler in this price range, it can't be beat. I also forget to mention this. Since we were going to Knotts Berry Farm we came early and asked to park in the parking lot. The clerk was very responsive and said I think I can get you a room now!

Granted this is like 9:00am and nowadays most places say they have a policy about a 3pm or 4pm check in. We checked in, unpacked, we did not have any soap which was weird, but the maid was right outside the doorway and handed us some. Everything else was clean and new smelling. Only one really bad thing. They need more ice machines, as I had to walk half way around the building since there was only one on the bottom floor each time. Ice is important on hot spring and summer days. I did notice a single washing machine and dryer for guests behind the ice machine area, not sure how much it costs.

I would highly recommend this place if you want to stay local to Buena Park area. Free parking, no resort fee, which the Radisson across the street charge for both. It is clean, comfortable, and has great hotel WIFI.

Room Tip: They have two bedroom suites that face the courtyard/pool area. They have nice private balconies.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CamiloB, General Manager at Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to compose such an informative review of our property. At the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Buena Park, we strive to provide a memorable and lasting experience for each guest, and it seems that you truly enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate all of your feedback and will utilize what you have given us to further improve our hotel and the overall guest experience. Thank you again for you feedback; we look forward to seeing you soon.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

After many trips to this area, this is my first stay at this property. Of all the places I have stayed in the Knott's Berry Farm area, this one has impressed me the most.

As you drive in, the landscape is nicely done as is the entrance. I was not here long enough to sample everything, but my room was well-equipped, clean and the bed was quite comfortable. The rate was reasonable, the service was very good and access to Knott's is excellent.

I like Courtyards, and this one is no exception. I will stay here again and would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a comfortable stay in this area.

Room Tip: The top floor at the end of a hallway will give you the most peaceful room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Buena Park; we are delighted to here you had such an enjoyable stay. Our staff takes pride in creating a lasting experience for every guest and we are happy to see you were no exception.

The feedback you have provided will help us evolve as a staff and continue to provide the best possible service to our guests. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to you next stay with us.

westlake village
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spent the weekend at Cerritos memorial Cup for youth soccer. This hotel couldn't be more accommodating to our families. Great pool for the kids to swim and a nice area for the adults to hang out and watch. We usually don't stay at places that don't have breakfast included but they do have a limited menu of breakfast items in the lobby. Starbucks is within walking distance. Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We recognize that the needs of each traveler can vary, and always strive to create an enjoyable experience for every guest. From business travelers on the go, to families here enjoying the local attractions, the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Buena Park aims to provide a memorable trip for all that chooses to stay with us.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback; we look forward to being apart of your next trip.

Camilo Bruce – General Manager

Been to Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park? Share your experiences!