“Fine but needs refreshing” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Williamstown, Massachusetts, United States
“Fine but needs refreshing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

It's hard to go too far wrong with a Courtyard by Marriott, and I have no regrets staying at this one. Having said that, it's one of the more threadbare Courtyards I've stayed at. The couch looked like it had seen better days, and the place may be due for some fresh carpet and paint before too long. The room was spacious and pleasant, however. The bed was comfy, and the pillows were nice. Minor quibble: the jacuzzi should have been hotter. Overall, if Tripadvisor would let me give half stars, I'd give it 3-1/2.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I am a marriott rewards member . This is by far the worst Courtyard i have stayed at. The rooms are so dated and not very comfortable as far as the bedding goes. There was a bunch of teenagers staying there - and it was horribly noisy. We were near the pool and i was glad to get out of there. I will never stay here again. There are better Marriotts out there.

The only advantage is the distance to the attractions - But a decent restaurant is atleast a 15 minute drive away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mukwonago, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We had a great experience at the Courtyard Hotel. The location was 10 minute walk to Knott's Berry Farm Amusement Park. The Mall of Buena Park is only a 15 minute walk away. The hotel is right off of the interstate highway. We enjoyed the hot tub. The room was large and very clean and comfortable. We chose a room in the back for peace and quiet. There was no noise bothering us. There is a small restaurant in the lobby that serves breakfast, lunch & dinner. We didn't eat there because we were visiting our son & ate at his house.
I reserved the room on line and paid with my credit card in advance to get a price of $100 per night for 4 nights including taxes. I thought that was a far price.
The only negative comment I have is that the bed could have been a bit more comfortable. The pillows and bedding were perfect for us.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 2nd floor away from the elevator & in the back for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I am writing this from my room right now- I love this hotel! We checked in here at midnight last night after being scared away from the Portola Inn and Suites around the corner. The rooms are clean and spacious- we have a king bed with a couch and for only $99 a night. I love the Bistro and having Starbucks coffee is always a plus. We do not normally stay in Buena Park but if we do again I will definitely return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We used the bid feature of Priceline and got a room for $80. For that price this is a very good hotel. Our room, had a wonderful king bed with pillows as nice as our own, a sofa, balcony, refrigerator, a a large flat screen T.V. The pool was large enough for swimming laps and we enjoyed the indoor jacuzzi after our swim. Best of all was the lobby and what they call the Bistro. In the Bistro you could order snacks as well as light meals and drinks. There were T.V.s located throughout the Bistro where you could relax with a drink and enjoy your favorite program. I found the Bistro area a pleasant place to work rather than be in my room.

Medieval Knights is across the street from the hotel. We loved being able to walk over to the venue, enjoy the fabulous production, and walk back to our hotel.

Circumstances had us spend another night in Buena Park and this time we stayed at the Buena Park Suites just a couple hundred feet from the Courtyard. The Courtyard is by far the better property - newer and nicer. But we only paid $60 a night for the Buena Park Suites and we got a breakfast included. If I had to choose between the two hotels and the price difference was just $20, I'd stay at the Courtyard. However, if the price difference was $40 or more I'd go with the Buena Park Suites.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool. Our first room was on the ground floor looking nor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family and I stayed 1 night here so we could be close to Knott's. We requested a connecting room but since we checked in shortly after 3pm, we didn't get the request and our rooms were on opposite sides of the hotel. I also asked for a roll-away bed since a double bed was too small for 2 adults but they didn't have any. My bad for not looking into this earlier. Later found out that one of the rooms had a large chair that pulled out into a single bed. It would have been nice if the staff had informed us of this. The room was very warm and we had to crank the A/C down to 65 to get it cooled down. The unit was very loud when on. The room was clean and beds comfortable. We had a patio facing the courtyard which was nice. The location was also great as we walked to Knott's within 10 minutes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Located very near Knott's Berry Farm, this Marriott is a typical one in terms of cleanliness, comfort, and quiet. My husband and I stayed there two nights, and were very pleased with it. It was very hot in Southern California while we were there, so had to keep the a/c on all day and night (which rattled a bit), but it was better than cooking in our room!

Room Tip: An upper floor allows you to leave your window open at night if you wish to do so. The south/west s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park? Share your experiences!