“Better than i expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Fresno, California, United States
“Better than i expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Im writing this in our room right now. Better than i expected. It's okay..not good as other courtyards that we've stayed.

Bed is superrr comfortable as well as the pillow..this is so important after a loooonng drive..chose feather pillows..ur like gonna die coz its so coomfy..lol..

Rooms are clean..the only thing i dislike is the smell when u first come in..its kinda idk..oh well, we have freshener and wipes..we always brings it..so yeeaaahh!!

Just see the pictures that ive attached..were staying here for the weekend from sept 14-17..

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
East Lansing, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Had a recent 2 night stay. The location is very convenient and easy to find, on Beach Blvd just south of the 91 freeway. It's about a 10-15 minutes walk to Knott's Berry Farm from the hotel.

Check-in was quick and friendly. The lobby has undergone the standard Courtyard remodel and looked nice and new. We did not try the food at the bar. There were several computer terminals in the lobby but the internet access was very slow and I couldn't print out my boarding pass despite multiple attempts at different times; not sure if due to the slow connection or a glitch.

Our room was spacious enough, bright, and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the furnishings in good condition. Mini fridge was great for storing drinks and food/snacks. Nice flat screen TV and plenty of desk space for those who need a place to work. Our room faced into the central courtyard with the outdoor pool. It had a small balcony which was nice for sitting outside. However, we could easily hear the kids playing in the pool when trying to take a nap, even with the door closed. The walls were also rather thin as we could hear conversations in the next room.

Unlike several other hotels in the area, this hotel does not offer any local shuttle service. We only visited Knott's Berry Farm so it was not a problem. For those who would prefer not to walk or who would like to visit Disneyland, this should be taken into consideration. There was plenty of free parking at the hotel for those who choose to drive.

Medieval Times is right across the street from the hotel. A pirates-themed restaurant is also across the street. A Starbucks is just down the street. Further away are a few restaurants. Plenty of choices and Buena Park Mall nearby for those who want to drive.

Overall, I was satisfied with my stay and consider this hotel a good value. Basically what I would expect from a Marriott Courtyard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

It's a Marriott Courtyard, and that's what you get. it was clean, comfortable, met all my Marriott expectations, but it was the kind and helpful staff that really made it a really nice place to stay. I was with my mother, who is in her eighties, and the staff were just great about calling a taxi, giving suggestions, even giving us a complementary cold bottle of water as we returned from our walk to Knott's Berry Farm.

Room Tip: It's only two stories, which is kind of fun these days. We stayed on the second floor and the r...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there over the weekend and covered Disney and sea world, nice location with all amenities required. Rooms were accessible, spacious and lobby area was nice.

Best part was location that is walking distance from the park and shopping district. Also some Resturants are near by. Staff was very helpful and desk facilities were nice esp the Internet and printing options. Pool was small but nice!! It is good recommendation if you are with kids or couples. Parking facility was also good and direct access from multiple directions was present. The only week point observed was the lack of tourism information available at desk. Also, only one bus AHT stops here for Disney every one hour, it may be better to check for details on Internet otherwise. Disneypark is not far away and cab or drive taked about 15 mins.

Online reservation was good and hotel site was helpful to decide. If you ant to visit beuna park + Disney, this one of the better option to look out for. Cleanliness is also another good factor in the property with nice bathroom to support. It is approximately 45 mins from airport and is good if you making day trips to sea world, universal studios or even going further towards Vegas as most tour operators provide pickup from the hotel and becomes quiet handy. The Resturant in the hotel is not so great but the breakfast and 24 snack bar is good to solve the purpose. The in which we stayed was on the west wing little far from the lobby but was very quiet and spacious, if traveling with more than 2 kids better to go for corner rooms which are more spacious. In room facilities were nice and bathroom is nicely designed.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Turlock, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The most comfortable hotel bed I've had in years! (I like it soft)
Asked for, and got, a quiet room.
Christina at the desk was very welcoming, helpful.
The AAA rate without breakfast for this night was $104 (with bkft was higher), not a bad price for summer near Knott's in Buena Park. A la carte breakfast in the lobby was expensive, so we walked next door to Burger King. Brought breakfast back to the lobby, for free coffee there.
One odd thing: in our room, the plumbing to the shower was hooked up backwards (hot to cold) so that when we turned on the shower it went from very hot to very warm, not cold to warm. Turned it all the way up for an OK shower.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My bf and I love this property for the cleanliness and great location. The staff has always been exceptional and no matter what room we have been given its always been a great experience,never have we had any problems.

My favorite thing about this hotel though is the inside jacuzzi, It feels private and big enough to share with other people without the awkwardness. I love bring in this hotels jacuzzi during the rainy time with my love it feels so romantic since the jacuzzi has a glass area looking outward.

Any who great hotel, mini fridge, great housekeeping and customer services... I will happily continue my business here.

• Stayed September 2011
Hangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is a trip to Disney, universal studio and sea world san diego with family.
I wasn't a Marriott member when I booked this hotel and I made the booking just 3 hours prior the check in through Marriott's website, I got the lowest price $99/n for weekend and $129/n for weekdays, which was the first thing made me happy.
After a long driving from canada, I finally checked in at the midnight, front desk was friendly, helpful, efficiently, he gave me the card keys ASAP which I was so much appreciated. This was the 2nd thing made me happy.
We stayed at room 263, it was clean, well maintained, above average level room, everything in the room works well, family felt happy, I felt happy.
As trip plan was kept changing, we extended two times of our stay, we totally spent here 7 nights, no problem for the extension, front desk was still helpful and efficient, I was happy with that.
Location is great for visiting disney, close to I-5 exit, lots of great foods around, quiet, free parking, free wifi, super value, way better than the hotels around Disneyland.
The only little problem was, there's smell of smoke in the bath and that happened one or two nights during our seven nights there.

As a conclusion, I highly recommend this hotel, love here.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family