“the worst customer service and noisy” 1 of 5 stars

Colony Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7800 Crescent Avenue, Buena Park, CA 90620   |
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Calabasas, California
“the worst customer service and noisy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

not pet friendly, even thou it claims they are!! noisy, no where to park, and the customer service is horrible, cannot believe the attitude of the hotel owner Bhupal Barua (Babu) he claims he was the general manager, when i asked for a business card he gave me a card with his name on it for Super 8 Motel, ok what is the name of the hotel, Colony Inn or Super 8 Motel !! room was never cleaned..and then when it came to check out the next day, they kept calling to ask when i was leaving so they could clean, HELLO!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012 via mobile

An average hotel, much like anywhere else we've stayed over our month in USA. So, 3 stars for average. But add to that an extra star for cost (we paid $55 per night) and proximity to Knotts.

Minor issues with hand basins not draining well but of no significance. Friendly staff, nice basic continental breakfast and large spacious room.

• Stayed January 2012
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Initially went to Portola motel, which was a major disappointment (the room smelled of sweat and the bathroom was the worst), bailed on that and went to this motel, and it was a major upgrade in price, cleanliness, and location.... we will be back again if in the area...very happy with the decision. Our trip to Knotts was saved because of this.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Stuttgart, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

The hotel has been renamed to Colony Inn and unfortunately the new management and name didn't put any money into it. The rooms were poorly cleaned with a lot of lint and noticeable dust. The sheets were worn and definitely many years old. There were no Geese harmed in the making of their tiny pillows. Honestly, the pillows you receive on the airlines are more comfortable than these ones. On a positive note, the gentlemen at the front desk were kind. The only reason we stayed here is because the Knott's Berry Resort was fully booked.
I rated this hotel 2 stars only because it is right across the street from Knott's Berry Farm, which is about the only thing going for it. If you are going to spend the majority of your time out and all the other hotels within walking distance are full, than this one will serve its purpose.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Tahiti, French Polynesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

It's a perfect stay and the manager was very helpfull. I reserved for me and my children that hotel beause is near the park Knott's berry farm. At the front desk you can reserve the tickets and pay by cash with special price and also I pay for Sea World and Universal Studio. I will come back again with a family group.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011 via mobile

The Room was around $55 right across Knotts next to a Walgreens. The room was spacious with a microwave and fridge, the bed was typical, comfortable enough, Wifi and the offered a continental breakfast( toast, muffins, cereal, oj, apple juice and coffee ) I really don't have nothing bad to say about this motel except that they can use more employees for better service. I mean, if I was in the area, this would be the place for me.

• Stayed April 2011
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I saw some horrible reviews & a few good reviews about this motel before I checked in cos I needed to visit the Knott's berry farm during the memorial week end. As this motel was conveniently located minutes of walk away from the park, I took the chance with some skepticism. To my pleasant surprise the service was pretty good, the room was quite spacious with comfortable beds with many amenities at your disposal. free breakfast (Cannot grumble at all for what I paid!). All in all it was a pleasing experience. I believe the management has made an effort to improve the standards of the hotel.
I truly understand that everyone cannot be pleased. But I truly was pleased & I am so glad that I stayed. For the 69 bucks I paid, I need I ask for anything more? Hell no!!!! I 'd gladly go back there again for sure!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Colony Inn? Share your experiences!