“Walking distance to Knott's Berry Farm but old and dirty” 2 of 5 stars

Super 8 Buena Park
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7800 Crescent Avenue, Buena Park, CA 90620   |
Ranked #13 of 19 hotels in Buena Park
Stuttgart, Germany
“Walking distance to Knott's Berry Farm but old and dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

The hotel has been renamed to Colony Inn and unfortunately the new management and name didn't put any money into it. The rooms were poorly cleaned with a lot of lint and noticeable dust. The sheets were worn and definitely many years old. There were no Geese harmed in the making of their tiny pillows. Honestly, the pillows you receive on the airlines are more comfortable than these ones. On a positive note, the gentlemen at the front desk were kind. The only reason we stayed here is because the Knott's Berry Resort was fully booked.
I rated this hotel 2 stars only because it is right across the street from Knott's Berry Farm, which is about the only thing going for it. If you are going to spend the majority of your time out and all the other hotels within walking distance are full, than this one will serve its purpose.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tahiti, French Polynesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

It's a perfect stay and the manager was very helpfull. I reserved for me and my children that hotel beause is near the park Knott's berry farm. At the front desk you can reserve the tickets and pay by cash with special price and also I pay for Sea World and Universal Studio. I will come back again with a family group.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011 via mobile

The Room was around $55 right across Knotts next to a Walgreens. The room was spacious with a microwave and fridge, the bed was typical, comfortable enough, Wifi and the offered a continental breakfast( toast, muffins, cereal, oj, apple juice and coffee ) I really don't have nothing bad to say about this motel except that they can use more employees for better service. I mean, if I was in the area, this would be the place for me.

• Stayed April 2011
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I saw some horrible reviews & a few good reviews about this motel before I checked in cos I needed to visit the Knott's berry farm during the memorial week end. As this motel was conveniently located minutes of walk away from the park, I took the chance with some skepticism. To my pleasant surprise the service was pretty good, the room was quite spacious with comfortable beds with many amenities at your disposal. free breakfast (Cannot grumble at all for what I paid!). All in all it was a pleasing experience. I believe the management has made an effort to improve the standards of the hotel.
I truly understand that everyone cannot be pleased. But I truly was pleased & I am so glad that I stayed. For the 69 bucks I paid, I need I ask for anything more? Hell no!!!! I 'd gladly go back there again for sure!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
bakersfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

FYI: Do Not Be Fooled By The So Called Great Reviews!

CONS: pubic hairs & long hairs embeded into all of the bedding, heavy stains on all bedding, walls dirty, t.v didnt work, found baby roaches in the bath room at nite, one bed had a huge indent on mattress, pillows were stained yellow, mattress stained, people living at the hotel SO Loud at nite.

PROS: close to knotts( about 5-10 min walk), free parking, managers at front desk friendly.

We are not picky people of course things are not going to be perfect, but this was beyound ridiculous. We did not check out because it was 9pm when we got to our room and our 3yr old was passed out cold after a long day at knotts, thank god we brought bedding from home in case we needed extra. That nite we complained to the manager and he gave us a 50% discount, even after that trust me it was still not worth it.We won'tbe staying here ever again.

Breakfast: blueberry & banana nut muffin, oj, apple juice,milk,lucky charms,corn flakes

We Recommend: RAMADA AT THE MAINGATE DISNEYLAND wehave stayed here several times and have always been completely happy

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

My fiance and I had stayed in this location twice. The first time we didn't want to stay anywhere expensive since we weren't going to be in the hotel the whole day. We booked for a king bed, which also included a small refrigerator and a sofa bed. This location was walking distance to Knott's Berry Farm, which saved us parking! And the staff of the hotel was helpful and very nice. He gave us a $30 discount just because we had a conversation with him. The second time, we stayed because we were going to Disneyland. It was only 10 minutes away from the hotel. I would recommend this place only if you want to save money or in a budget. It does look like it's in a bad location, but nothing scary happened to us when we were there. The only cons about this hotel is that depending on the guest's loudliness...You can hear them outside, but not the hotel's fault. And the towels provided are small. If you are going to stay here, make sure to bring your own towels and products.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

We stayed one night October 31st. Reserved two rooms and checked in with no problems, our rooms were right next to each other. The rooms are dated but clean and we felt very safe. Best of all was FREE PARKING and location right next to Knott's Berry Farm. Also had a microwave and mini fridge in each room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Buena Park? Share your experiences!