“Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Wonder Lake, IL
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Great tropical pool and jacuzzi courtyard! Rooms are suites with master bedroom and TV and a door separating with a shard bathroom. Then a pullout couch and TV and little kitchenette. Across the street from Knotts berry farm. The rates were very reasonable too!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I usually do not write reviews, but because I had depended on user reviews of this hotel when I booked my trip, I feel that its only fair to let people know. This was a very bad hotel experience. It is suppose to be a 3 star hotel based on ratings. But after staying there for 4 nights, this is definitely not 3 star quality! More like 1 star! The hotel suite is DIRTY!! My son has gotten an infection from something that probably bit him while sleeping. The carpeting is dirty. Room reeks of some kind of weird smell. Bathtub had hair on in from last visitors. The sink in the bathroom was clogged and it took a long time for the water to drain. My husband sat on the sofa and said he felt itchy. In all, this is a very filthy hotel. I am VERY sorry I had booked there! I only booked it because it had mostly great reviews, with the exception of a few bad ones here and there. Now i learned my lesson. The bad reviews were all true!! With the money that we had pay, this is truly ridiculous!! The fridge in the room was leaking and we could not use it at all. I just could not believe this! SO dirty!!!! Never been to such horrible hotel in my life!!! I went back into tripadvisor to read carefully of the reviews afterwards, and all the bad reviews were exactly how the hotel was. If anyone is considering this hotel, I say read the reviews with low ratings for this hotel first. They are all true! I regret not listening to them....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rod H, General Manager at Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Your review on TripAdvisor was very troubling to read, and I'm very sorry for all of the inconveniences that you encountered when you stayed with us last month.

I have discussed these cleanliness issues with our Housekeeping department to ensure that these types of issues are the exception to our normal guideliness of guest satisfaction. Bathroom conditions are extremely important in a guest's stay, along with not having an odor problem.

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention.
Portsmouth, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was our second time staying at this property. The rooms are comfortable, the staff is very helpful. When we had stayed in the past breakfast was included in your room rate. It was a very good hotel breakfast. The property still provides a breakfast at an additional cost. But, we traveled to a nearby Denny's that was reasonable with a good number of choices. The only issues I encountered were challenges with printing boarding passess and noisy guests in the room above. There are two computers in the lobby. I used the one on the left to log onto the airline's website and complete the check-in process. When done I selected print and no boarding passes appeared. I asked about this at the desk and was told that only the computer on the right is connected to the printer, which at the time was being used by another guest. I did not see any sign that provides this information. So, I had to wait for this computer to become available. Since I had done this the day before my flight I had the time, but if I was doing this as I was headed to the airport, I would have been out of luck. Not sure if the guests above had children that ran and jumped or there is little soundproofing between floors. We were awoken at night and in the morning by the noise from the guests in the room above ours.

Location is convenient to Knott's Berry Farm, we walked to it, as well as a number of restaurants and stores. It was a quick trip to Disneyland as well.

Room Tip: Consider the top floor?
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Beaverton, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I did reserved for 5 nights and checked out just after 1 night stay.
First things I found when stepped in a room, there was a big,,8x10 sized hole in the screen door.and drawers in the chest kept opening no matter what i did.And the waster basin in bathroom was so clogged,it took a long time to drain. I found the phone in the bedroom was totally dead when I tried to call the front desk. I could not open or close the bathroom door without waking up my wife who was sleeping.The door definitely needs lubricating. In the morning, I found cigarette butts and ashes on the hallway to the elevator.It was really disgusting when I found mound of cigarettes butts on the ground.I decided to check out.The manager said it was a smoking areas, But even smoking areas does not have to butts on the ground,But worst thing was yet to come. I got phone call from the hotel desk at 2:30 o'clock in Sunday morning to inform me that their rooms were sol out. I have no idea what was his state of mind, when he was calling some one 2 o'clock in the morning who already checked out . And there was even new charge 165.79 dollars on my credit card.even I paid when checked out.I have no ideas what they are up to now, Simply put, It is terribly managed place. It is the same things you can find in cheap motels which pop up across the whole country. Similar things you can find at gas stations along the I-95 where you can only fill up your gas tank with gas but you can not clean your windshields,because there are no windshield cleaning things.

Room Tip: If you come to this hotel, go for the higher room.It gives better view of the court yard. In case yo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rod H, General Manager at Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I apologize on behalf of the entire staff for your less than satisfactory stay at the hotel.

Your comments are very much appreciated, and they will be shared with our Front Office, Housekeeping and Engineering departments. Deficiencies like furnture drawers opening, slow drains and litter in the public areas should be rectified immediately.

Again, I'm sorry that you had this experience but hope you might visit us again in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotel has potential -- true suite rooms that look good on the surface, pretty grounds build around an outdoor pool, a quick walk from Knotts Berry Farm. But it's past its prime, not all that well run and darned noisy. The floor above us and our floor were creaky and thin, making our room a drum when the kids above rambled around. There was a dead cockroach under the sofa We waited 20 minutes to check in at 8 p.m. on a Friday night -- no apology from the poor person manning the busy desk. Lots of little things bugged us: the bedroom TV didn't work, the printer next to the house computer didn't work, the lock on the pool gate that's supposed to work with a room key didn't work, no towels at the pool early on a Saturday night and no response when someone asked the desk to provide more. The place is a bit of a zoo with kids running around everywhere (we brought our kid, so we understand what kids do). The pool area is noisy until very late with screaming children, and since the hotel is built around the pool that makes the experience noisy until late. Plus there's a banquet facility next door sending noise in from the other side. The breakfast buffet plays out pretty much as you'd expect given everything else I've said, but there's an IHOP nearby. I'm not saying it's pure hell staying here. Just manage your expectations.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rod H, General Manager at Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your feedback here on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations, but do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.

It's awfully difficult to patrol guests when they are in and around the building but we can take steps to make sure things like printers and televisions work properly.

Again, your response is very much appreciated.
Lacey, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

we stayed 4 nights, had stayed here when it was an embassy suites, we still love it here, the tropical garden is beautiful! the staff here are so helpful also the cooks in kitchen and bartender are great along with housekeeping. the negative was all hell broke loose when the bus loads of kids showed up 2 dys in a row, there was no enjoying the pool or hot tub after that! very noisy, the rooms face the pool which is lovely but it echos and when its filled with people which it was, it can be overwhelming. was disappointed that their free shuttle only runs to Disneyland a few hours a day, so we were stuck there for 7 hrs which was difficult for my husband with health issues. we didn't understand why the gift shop is closed all day, only open a short amount of time,when it was an embassy suites, it was open all day. more attention needs to be given to cleaning the windows, they were all very dirty thru out the hotel. when it was embassy suites all the lights on palm trees were lit at night, now theres only a few, the rest are burned out. would also enjoy if the fountain was working. our room smelled like pot, we smelled it off and on while there.would we stay here again? yes, but would like to see it spruced up a little more but the people that work here are wonderful!

Room Tip: possibly the 4th floor would be more quiet when the hotel is busy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Really, 4 stars is a really good rating. I just can't quite call this property "perfect" anymore. The rooms remain well designed and very comfortable, and isn't that the most important thing? But on this return visit, the Radisson Suites has too many nit-picky problems to just ignore them all. So here goes: Since new owners in 2013, breakfast is no longer included in most rates but I did not notice rates dropping as a result. Room thermostats are unnecessarily complicated. Don't even think of trying to make friends with it in the middle of the night. Minor problems with inhouse speed dial on one of my room's two phones. Water control in my shower needed very firm touch to fully shut it off. Gift shop closes for the entire afternoon, leaving no snack options without leaving the hotel (unless you happen to figure out that one of the four floors has a snack vending machine while all other floors have only beverage machines). Business center printer was past due for replacement or maintenance, unable to print more than a page or two without jamming. The pluses remain: Great location, free parking, excellent housekeeping and friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park? Share your experiences!