“I've Been Mocked for my Love of Mrs. Knotts” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 203 Restaurants in Buena Park
Cuisines: American, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Glendale, California
“I've Been Mocked for my Love of Mrs. Knotts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I am unashamed to declare my love for the Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. I love it! I don't mind waiting over an hour in line for dinner. Heck, it's part of the experience. I love every single course, with a special affinity for the delicious chicken noodle soup. I've made many trips just for the chicken restaurant.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend and his father do not share the same sentiment. I took them to Mrs. Knotts (after spending a whole trip hyping it) after a long day in the theme park. We waiting a mere ten minutes, which is an unheard of short wait and were seated.

Admittedly, service was very slow. They were near closing and we had a newbie server. The food came out a little cold, including the boysenberry pie served with ice cream.

They will never come back and I have endured much mocking over it. In particular, they thought that the chicken breast were an unnatural, baseball shape. I have to admit, they looked funny.

I think by now, everyone in England knows about the terrible experience at the chicken restaurant. I, for one, will definitely return. I still love the place!!!

Please visit my blog for all things theme park and trips!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Irvine, California
“Almost perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Mrs. Knotts Service and Chicken dinner are really excellant. Only thing for us is to avoid the small area up the stairs on the left and the small room on the right. The trays for the dirty dishes are right there and the bus persons throw the dishes in and sometimes empty one tray of dishes into another and the commotion is the only thing I find in an otherwise great eating experience. Buttermilk biscuits, fried chicken and mashed potatoes, the pie, and leftovers always goes home with us because we have no more room! Mmmmm!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Sunday Brunch was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I had the Champagne Sunday brunch. It was WONDERFUL. We had reservations for noon but arrived an hour early. They allowed us to check in and were seated within 5 minutes. The selection of foods was amazing and everything was so good. We will definitely come back for this the next time we are in that area.

Visited January 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“Lots of food, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went for dinner and waited about 20 minutes. There is so much food in the chicken dinner! Salad AND soup, rolls, mashed potatoes, corn, several pieces of chicken, and pie. The chicken was very good. Pay the extra dollar for the berry butter, it is outstanding. I took it and the leftover rolls back to our hotel room and had them for breakfast the next morning. The boysenberry pie was delicious and not to be missed. For the amount of food you get, it is not expensive. The atmosphere is like a step back in time, this is an old-school restaurant, but cute. You can tell the focus is on the food which didn't disappoint.

Visited January 2013
Riverside, CA
“Very disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was very disappointed in this place. I had heard wonderful things about their fried chicken, and being a fried chicken fanatic, I had to try it. I found the chicken very dry and tasteless. The mashed potatoes were like paste and the corn without any saving grace. Even the biscuits were below par. The best parts of the meal were the salad and the cherry pie.

• Visited February 2013