“Lots of food, good value” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Mesa, Arizona
“Lots of food, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went for dinner and waited about 20 minutes. There is so much food in the chicken dinner! Salad AND soup, rolls, mashed potatoes, corn, several pieces of chicken, and pie. The chicken was very good. Pay the extra dollar for the berry butter, it is outstanding. I took it and the leftover rolls back to our hotel room and had them for breakfast the next morning. The boysenberry pie was delicious and not to be missed. For the amount of food you get, it is not expensive. The atmosphere is like a step back in time, this is an old-school restaurant, but cute. You can tell the focus is on the food which didn't disappoint.

Visited January 2013

Riverside, CA
“Very disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was very disappointed in this place. I had heard wonderful things about their fried chicken, and being a fried chicken fanatic, I had to try it. I found the chicken very dry and tasteless. The mashed potatoes were like paste and the corn without any saving grace. Even the biscuits were below par. The best parts of the meal were the salad and the cherry pie.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“I dream of this chicken. Every piece was cooked perfectly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

It's probably a good thing I live halfway across the world or I'd be here every week. Every piece of chicken, no matter the size and part, was cooked to perfection. Evenly crisp yet very tender and juicy inside. I don't know how they do it. Every item was delicious. From the soft warm bread to the just-right mash and tasty soup. We're not into sweets, but the pies were good. I was all prepared to have to doggy bag a piece of the chicken as I saw on neighbouring tables how much food was served for the chicken dinner I ordered... But it was so good I only had to pack the pie. I finished everything else.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kenora, Canada
“Huge portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Three adults shared the chicken dinner - we ordered an extra salad. Everything was delicious, arriving very quickly. Loved the boysenberry punch and the pie! My son devoured two baskets of buns. We went for lunch about 1 pm and didn't have to wait for a table.The waiter was very attentive and made the suggestion to share as he knew that the portions were quite large. I would definitely recommend that you try this restaurant.The gift shops that are connected to the restaurant have some very interesting souvenirs - we bought tea and jam to bring home.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Outstanding Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stopped at Mrs. Knott's after a day of exploring Knott's Berry Farm. While we only sampled the pie and ice cream we enjoyed our snack, although next time I would definitely save room for their famous fried chicken...it smelled amazing. The highlight of this review is the excellent customer service we encountered, during the meal my partner left her wedding ring on the table and forgot it when we left. We returned to the restaurant a couple hours later and spoke with manager on duty, he had the ring and returned to it to her upon her description. The manager informed us that the server had turned it in to him when she found it, we were extremely grateful (beyond the sentimental value it was a very pricey diamond ring). We offered a cash reward and the manager declined, stating that he would like us to remember the wonderful customer service and return to his restaurant again. Thank you Mrs. Knott's Restaurant, your staff are amazing and honest!

• Visited October 2012