“Location, Location, Location (And thats about all)” 3 of 5 stars

The Buena Park Hotel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7555 Beach Boulevard, Buena Park, CA 90620   |
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Cali
“Location, Location, Location (And thats about all)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This hotel is located directly across from the Pirate Show, and about one block from Medieval Times. It cost half as much as the other hotel in the same area. The staff were relatively friendly, and the pool & spa were nice. That said, the rooms were on the dirtier side (mold on the walls, lots of broken knobs & appliances, beds that needed to be replaced years ago, etc.) We waited well past check-in and never received the two side-by-side rooms we were promised. Housekeeping was rude. But for the price and location, we'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights in April. Very clean and quiet. Staff was friendly and courteous. Continental breakfast was good but get up before eight if you want to eat as it goes fast. Very close to Knotts Berry Farm and Medieval Times and not far from Disneyland. Close to the freeway.Refrigerator didn't get cold until the night before we left but lots of free ice from the machine and we were OK. Great to have a microwave and if you forgot anything at home Target and Walmart as well as other stores are all less than a mile away.The Walmart is attached to a small mall.I have stayed at hotels 3 times the price but for $59.00 a night this was a good find. I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We tried bidding on priceline for a few weeks with no success, it is busy spring break time, before we used hotwire to get this room. One morning we asked maid and laundry man for a wash cloth and they didn't have any. This was after mid-morning and they start cleaning the rooms VERY early. I expect clean dry linens at ANY price point without an hour wait. No one likes hearing on their expensive theme park vacation that there will be an hour wait for ONE washcloth! Thanks to previous reviews we had brought some, colored, not white so they wouldn't be mistaken for the motels.
Also there were no fitted sheets on the bed only flats. This just didn't work for us. Of course they weren't even large enough to tuck in. I felt the bare mattress with my bare feet at the foot of the bed and at the sheet came off the top durring the night. This is not sanitary. Another review mentioned this and I considered bringing some but didn't know what bed size(s) we were going to get and we were already packing towels!
Check in was a bit slow, but we had made several requests.
Room-It did seem clean and passably safe for our preschooler but we had made a lot of requests and they knew we had a two year old in tow because we told hotwire at the purchase. You have to request a microwave and fridge and so we did in advance. We requested recently cleaned carpet because of our families allergies. The carpet was well worn but didn't smell and our feet did not turn black. We were concerned but looked and found no bed bugs. The room was well loved. There was a large water stain on the ceiling. The tub faucet dripped in the off position, a lot, and quickly and there is no way housekeeping wasn't aware of it.
Service-Despite the need for remaking the bed due to the flat sheets used as fitted, the first day the maid made the bedspread look passable but didn't straighten anything beneath. I couldn't say it was even poorly made.
As for a request for a quiet room-They book large groups, that arrive in large buses. One night we came back and there were over two dozen loud young people outside our door till 10pm, when the pool is closed. When they went back to their rooms we heard our ALL our neighbors. I read in a lot of lodgings reviews "walls are thin" but if this place has no vacancy you will hear:every movement not just walking,talking and loud tvs. The noisy a/c was irritating me and I asked my husband to turn it off. Then he told me he turned on the fan to drown out the neighbors after 10pm so I let him turn it back on:(
We had our two year old with us and husband saw no red ants when he took him to the slide/swings.
I didn't see spoiled items at breakfast the three mornings. No muffins, doughnuts only one morning. Not a low glycemic breakfast, even the only fruit was canned. The only cereal that wasn't process had of course dried raisins. And besides the milk no protein.
The wired internet worked, we had brought our own LAN cable.
One review complained about no curtains and we were told at check-in, nearest to the window were blackout curtains and we did find them in our room,worked fine.
We paid under $50 including taxes per night. We've stayed closer to Disney, at a nicer 2.5 Priceline stars, with a better breakfast, and it was CHEAPER!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for a total 3 nights. Checking in was quick and painless and the staff was very friendly.We had just the one room with 2 queen beds.We also requested a microwave and fridge...which they had already for us at check in. The property seemed well kept up and the room was nice and clean. I even pulled the bed sheets back to make sure the mattresses were good and not gross. The mattresses were fine. The carpet was in good condition, as my 3 yr old son was able to walk barefoot and his feet stayed clean. Beds were pretty comfortable. The bathroom was nice and clean; could see a little wear but its a hotel. Plenty of food choices around the area...even found a Little Caesar Pizza...good if your on a budget.I was pretty nervous about this room because of some of the reviews I read but we once we arrived I was pleasantly surprised and had no issues during our stay. All and all it was a good find for our family getway to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farms trip and we will be back.

• Stayed March 2012
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

The staff are the greatest people and go out of their way to help with anything you may need. The rooms are very comfortable and accomadate all our needs. The manager John has helped make our stay the best it can be. Don't let any bad reviews make your dicision for not staying at the InnSuites because if you do you may miss out on meeting some of the greatest people you could ever meet.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

This hotel is infested with bed bugs. After one night sleeping here, I have about 100 bites on my body - mostly on my fingers and hands. The next morning, I was able to find the droppings and even a couple of bugs on the mattress. I was in room 140, but if one room has them, they are most likely in other rooms as well. The staff did not seem surprised when I reported the problem, leading me to believe that it is a common complaint. I did receive a full refund, but that didn't make up for the three days of intense itching, pain, and immobility of my fingers - not to mention the clothing and luggage I discarded to prevent bringing any hitchhiking insects back home.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
JGuerrero, Manager at The Buena Park Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Dear Dextraphy,

I do apologize for the incident that you experienced on our property . We do have preventive measures to ensure that these incidents do not occur. Unfortunately, this incident has taken place & i do apologize for this occurrence. Our property conducts daily, weekly & monthly inspections to identify these pests. Since we do accommodate travelers from all over the world. There are times that they unknowingly bring these types of pest. Our staff members are trained to immediately Identify the pests, transfer a guest to another room ,close down the room as well as nearby rooms & the rooms are then treated several times over to eliminate the pest. Our front office staff is also trained in handling all situations in a calm, professional & timely manner in order not to escalate the situation. We empathize with all guest concerns and we do handle all concerns accordingly. We have analyzed the previous guest stays over the past month. We have concluded that there has been no mention of any pest activity. We take all pest reports seriously to ensure that our guest have a pleasant & comfortable stay on our property. We thank you for bringing this to our attention & we sincerely apologize for the incident you encountered.

J.Guerrero
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

thank you for the people that work in the inn and suits buena park california,my family stay in the place were we are compartable , respect and clean inviroment with a reasonable price.
sincerely,
fr; utah family

Room Tip: facing the pool if you have kids and in the ground floor is the best