“Don't do it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Buena Park

You added Motel 6 Buena Park to your Saves list
Motel 6 Buena Park
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7051 Valley View Street, SR 91/Artesia Freeway at the Valley View Street exit, Buena Park, CA 90620   |
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Oakland, California
“Don't do it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Your front desk staff was wonderful. The motel itself was frightening. There was a fight in the parking lot when we arrived. We, being myself and my 12 year old daughter. I went to get ice and was approached by a woman asking to use my cell phone to call "Ed to bring flour." Obviously there is not cake baking apparatus, let alone a coffee machine in any room. The smell of marijuana was permeating. People weren't just smoking it in their rooms, but outside and with their doors open. Even after your loudspeaker announcement which was comparable to being on a cell block stating that people shouldn't be loitering if they weren't residents, people remained outside smoking and wandering about. I was charged $30 for my stay, even though I left after two hours, didn't turn down a bed or use anything in the room. Tom Bodett may leave the lights on, but as far as I'm concerned; lights out! I should have been refunded my entire couple hours stay. Not only for the hotel being frightening; but for the fact I then had to find somewhere else to stay at 11:00 pm. If you need a place to stay with a pet or on a restricted budget, honestly you are better off at a KOA.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had the misfortune of staying here for a week. The first night there, I called the front desk to let them know I was being bit by fleas. The first response of the staff was to instruct me to call housekeeping in the morning. A few seconds later, the clerk called back and offered to move us to another room the next day because they were booked. We agreed. The next day I showed the bite marks on my arm back and legs and the guy up front acknowledge they were flea bites and offered us another room. When we got to the other room it had a dirty towel on the bed but what took the cake was the ashes all over the toilet and under the lid. We snapped a quick pic and took it back to the front desk where this older gentleman was rude and very unempathetic to our circumstance. Did I mention I'm pregnant at the time. I burst into tears and have to leave and let my husband deal with it. We are then moved to another room that was decent and clean on the second floor. When we come back down to turn in the keys the original guy who was empathetic was apologetic and gave us 5.00 to wash one load of close so we wouldn't transport the fleas to the new room. We met the Terminix man at the door who told us he had to spray. The older gent was outside smoking and being snide toward my husband and I so I decided to call the guest relations and make a more formal complaint. A week and a half later, no response. I called back and was informed that the Terminix report said no activity that is why I didn't get a response and she would try to get the Regional Manager to call us! I was furious. why wouldn't you contact us? was I informed her I would post my photos and reviews until someone called me. Beware. I found out that I was not the only person bit at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

When I booked this I was a little concerned because it was a Motel 6. But, I didn't have much of a choice since we had just adopted a puppy and this was the only hotel I could find that accepted pets. So I figured we would give it a shot. Glad we did. It's nothing fancy...basically two beds and a tv. But, it was VERY clean and we felt perfectly safe. The price was great and it was very close to Knott's and not too far from Disneyland. I really don't have any complaints. It was comfortable and we all slept very well. We will be back!

Room Tip: The hotel is near the freeway..but with the A/C on...we didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The front desk was on a charm offensive when we stayed. First we were offered chocolate and then received a phone call in the room to make sure everything was OK. It was!
For the money, it was excellent. Clean and comfortable, even though the room was on the small side. Excellent value for money. No complaints. My advice is to check in early for the best room.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've stayed at this property a few times. Staff is always friendly and courteous and the room is always clean. My greatest complaint with many lower-priced motels is that non-smoking rooms aren't really non-smoking, having heavily shampooed carpeting but the lingering smoke-damage from guests who ignore their policies is hard to ignore. This Motel 6 did not have that problem. It's also fully handicap-equipped, elevator and checkin is invariably quick and efficient. It's not always easy to run an establishment that caters to the budget-minded but they do their job exceptionally well.

Room Tip: Rooms with lower numbers are near elevator, i.e. 302 nearer than 325.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is right of of the interstate so ask for a room not facing the freeway. We had to move rooms as the first room stunk. They allow pets here, but they do not clean the rooms properly afterward and the smell is very strong. Also, as people walk their pets early in the morning we were woken up by barking dogs. I am a pet lover and have several of my own, but you need to know what your in for. While we were there a women left the motel because she had fleas in her room. (Luckily, this was not one of our problems.)

The room was OK, but not totally clean. There was a bug in the light switch in the bathroom and the room smelled musty. I personally would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Cheap but clean hotel. Within about a 30 min walk to Knotts Berry Farm, or as we discovered on the way back a short bus ride. Surrounded by concrete jungle, freeways and a few convenient restaurants and take away places.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Buena Park? Share your experiences!