“Was a little concerned” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Buena Park

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Buena Park to your Saves list
Motel 6 Buena Park
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7051 Valley View Street, SR 91/Artesia Freeway at the Valley View Street exit, Buena Park, CA 90620   |
Ranked #14 of 19 hotels in Buena Park
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Was a little concerned”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

When I booked this I was a little concerned because it was a Motel 6. But, I didn't have much of a choice since we had just adopted a puppy and this was the only hotel I could find that accepted pets. So I figured we would give it a shot. Glad we did. It's nothing fancy...basically two beds and a tv. But, it was VERY clean and we felt perfectly safe. The price was great and it was very close to Knott's and not too far from Disneyland. I really don't have any complaints. It was comfortable and we all slept very well. We will be back!

Room Tip: The hotel is near the freeway..but with the A/C on...we didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The front desk was on a charm offensive when we stayed. First we were offered chocolate and then received a phone call in the room to make sure everything was OK. It was!
For the money, it was excellent. Clean and comfortable, even though the room was on the small side. Excellent value for money. No complaints. My advice is to check in early for the best room.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've stayed at this property a few times. Staff is always friendly and courteous and the room is always clean. My greatest complaint with many lower-priced motels is that non-smoking rooms aren't really non-smoking, having heavily shampooed carpeting but the lingering smoke-damage from guests who ignore their policies is hard to ignore. This Motel 6 did not have that problem. It's also fully handicap-equipped, elevator and checkin is invariably quick and efficient. It's not always easy to run an establishment that caters to the budget-minded but they do their job exceptionally well.

Room Tip: Rooms with lower numbers are near elevator, i.e. 302 nearer than 325.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is right of of the interstate so ask for a room not facing the freeway. We had to move rooms as the first room stunk. They allow pets here, but they do not clean the rooms properly afterward and the smell is very strong. Also, as people walk their pets early in the morning we were woken up by barking dogs. I am a pet lover and have several of my own, but you need to know what your in for. While we were there a women left the motel because she had fleas in her room. (Luckily, this was not one of our problems.)

The room was OK, but not totally clean. There was a bug in the light switch in the bathroom and the room smelled musty. I personally would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Cheap but clean hotel. Within about a 30 min walk to Knotts Berry Farm, or as we discovered on the way back a short bus ride. Surrounded by concrete jungle, freeways and a few convenient restaurants and take away places.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

we requested a non-smoking room queen beds. in return we got a double twin beds although the room was non smoking it still had hints of smoke which was disgusting. I had to use my travel sized Febreze spray, went though 2 bottles and it still smelled like smoke. There was a lot of dust on the tables, tv and desk and black stains all over the floors. however the bathrooms were surprisingly very very clean. If this was a completely smoke free motel i would be back but since it isn't i won't be back. Luckily i was only staying here for a night. The hotel staff was friendly and welcoming and bathrooms were clean. the bed comfort level was not great.

Room Tip: Although the room is non-smoking there may be hints of cigarette smoke. if you cannot tolerate cigar...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Grants Pass, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed at this property in March of 2011. I was overdue for some kind of vacation and a friend of mine was temporarily living in Buena Park. She generously offered to let me stay a few nights with her and she was staying at this location while looking for a permenant place to live.

The room was clean and in good repair. The pillows were very flat and the comforter was very thin, not what I would normally prefer. There was enough counter space for all my toiletries and hers. There was a Jack In The Box next to the property, this made breakfast easy. There was a Target nearby, which was a lifesaver since I forgot to bring something I needed. I never felt unsafe at any time. My friend picked me up from LAX and did all the driving, but as far as I remember it was probably 20 minutes to Disneyland. It is definitely not fancy, but on a tight budget it was suitable and I got a much needed weekend away. It also helps to live near an airport that offers budget direct flights to LAX, and a friend who qualifies for the southern California resident rates at Disney! Next time I would prefer staying on the resort property or adjacent to it so we can go back to the room to rest during the afternoon. I also recommend to anyone with seasonal allergies to make sure and pack your preferred medications! When I got there, the pollen was just as bad as it was at home in Oregon. And I had a difficult time finding the appropriate medication at Disney. Once I did it was considerably more expensive.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Buena Park? Share your experiences!