“Worst motel very rude staff!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Portola Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Portola Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7921 Orangethorp Ave, Buena Park, CA 90621   |
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
“Worst motel very rude staff!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from 20 March till 30th worst motel you can ever stay at! They charged my credit card three times more and when I got there to check in there was no room for us available. Towels u will not get unless you take ur dirty towels down to front desk! Ridiculously gross place. Never ever staying there again

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed 3 nights at Portola Inn and appreciated that the hotel was away from the
Interstate far enough to be quiet. The bed was comfortable and clean, and other
than a noisy family in the room above, our stay was okay.
The first night was quiet, and we had a good sleep, but the 2nd and 3rd night
was not pleasant because of a family with 2 kids that kept banging around the room above causing loud thumps until nearly midnight from rough housing, or what ever
they were doing to be so loud. The front desk was not able to help make these people
be quiet, so it is not a place I would stay again, unless I was able to get a top floor room.
The breakfasts were only cereal, muffins, toast and coffee or juice, but were still
appreciated, as it kept our costs down while staying in LA. The Inn is older and
a bit dated, but was okay for the price. A near by Holiday Inn was newer and had
larger rooms, but it was also about 40 dollars more per night, per room , so we were glad to save
the money that we did on the two rooms we paid for.

Room Tip: A top floor room is the best choice.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

Family and I stayed here for we were going to knotts berry farm. Hotel is ok, room smelled like smoke even though I reserved a nonsmoking. Service was ok, I needed extra towels but had to go get them myself to the office. Room clean, rates were a bit high. No hot breakfast.

Stayed February 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2015

We live in Las Vegas but travel often to Buena Park. We always stay at Portola Inn. Daisy the manager always recognizes my voice when I call to reserve a room. The service is great. Our rooms are always clean and the rates are excellent!!

• Stayed January 2015
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

Stayed here Nov 15-18...Comfy. Dated, needs updating. I always check for a place that includes breakfast and when I called, I was told yes. I went to Dennys down the street 2 of the mornings because I wanted a real breakfast, not a piece of toast with no butter or cereal. Those were the choices. Only good things were the price and location. Other than that, nothing to make me come back.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Raglan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

Great service by staff. They cleaned our room and let us check in really early. The lady at reception even dropped us at the local mall on her way home. She was great and really made our stay. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

we were greeted by a very bitter young lady who was working the evening..her first words were "yes" as I think we were interrupting her texting messaging. the rooms smelled just looked old and dirty carpet was very dirty we should have just opted and walk the other way, but after driving 12 hours we were just burned out. as a result of our stay at Portola hotel my entire family including myself came down with a very disgusting virus in our lungs due to whatever bacteria was in that room my advice do not do not stay at this hotel!!!!

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Portola Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!