“Hotel is OK, surrounding area is depressing” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Hotel is OK, surrounding area is depressing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

For $ 51.50 a night the hotel does what it promises: it is clean, well located, rooms even have a microwave which is very convenient. I must complain about the wi-fi though because it is VERY slow.

Location is also good because it is a mile away from the highway. I must complain about the wi-fi though because it is VERY slow. However, that particular block is really depressing. I expect that will change when they build the shopping plaza next to the hotel. I think that will brighten the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for deciding to stay with us during your visit to the Buena Park area. And thank you for the review you have provided us and all future guest to read. As you have mentioned, our room rates are very affordable and all of our rooms come with a flat screen television, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, Iron and Iron board. We are about 10 minutes from Knott's Berry Farm and also a couple of miles away from Disneyland. We hope you can stay with us next time you are in Buena Park/Orange county.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

In our recent stay it was perfect great
Location, safe, close to parks knotts berry farm and disneyland. We were a big group n all slept very comfortable lots of places to eat nearby very clean staff was very friendly and very affordable I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We are glad to hear of the amazing stay you encountered during your visit to our Buena Park property. We hope you were able to enjoy all our free amenities, such as Wi-Fi, parking and fresh complimentary breakfast. At Portola Inn and Suites, it is our number one goal to give our guests the most pleasant and relaxing stay, and we are glad we accomplished our goal in that area. We would love to see you again next time you are in the Buena Park area.

united kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Yes the hotel is on the lower end of the price scale but I think that you still expect some things as standard
First of all the free wifi is shocking in fact is non existent they have three access points to connect too and they are all as bad as each other being a international traveller wifi is a must
It is that bad I even had to wait to get to the next hotel to write this review as the wifi is really that bad
Free breakfast not really it consists of bread,muffins,lemon cake and a little bit of fruit
Only coffee is served but with no fresh milk only a cheap coffee creamer or you have the option of orange juice that is it
They also have a issue with the carpets they are filthy I was wearing white socks within ten minutes they was black
The housekeeping on three occasions did not even fill up the in room coffee making amenities
And we had too go to reception to fetch some we are not usually the sort of people to be negative about people services but the housekeeping in my view only tidy and don't clean
I would avoid this hotel at all costs you will regret it in my opinion
I suppose we was swayed by the rating on trip advisor which we always use whenever booking somewhere but this time we got burnt

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Please accept our most sincere apologies on your recent experience at Portola Inn and Suites. We are currently working on getting better access points for the Wi-Fi, and it is unfortunate to hear that the ones we replaced prevented you from connecting with your loved ones. I will talk to all team members so that the service they offer can be as perfect as possible. We will soon replace all those carpets that are giving our guest hard time. We hope you will be able to stay with us because as stated before, we are improving services of our property.

Fullerton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

hi i dont really write reviews! Also for the fact im not a tourist of california lol in fact i was only looking for a place to crash for the night. I found the room i stayed in to be extremely comfy it suck check out is a bit early but it was a push to get my day started hahaha. my basic needs were around the area target, raphals grociery store and freeway very close to head back home. oh before i forget please note when you drive and tired you tend to be very grumpy am i correct? well i see why this company has this guy doing front desk THOMAS i believe is his name. he had me laughing forgive me thomas for being rude but you lighten up my night! and anything i requested this guy went out of his way for me this kids personality and the his sincereness just can not be trained to others .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for the candid review you have on our Buena Park property. We are happy to hear about the wonderful experience you encountered upon checking-in into Portola Inn and Suites. As you know, all of our rooms are fully furnished with a flat screen television, microwave, mini fridge. And we also have free on-demand channels! Thank you for the great compliments you have about our front desk team members. We are glad to hear that our team members shined for you. We hope to see you next time you are in the Buena Park area.

San Francisco Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel is an excellent value, and even during peak travel season (we stayed here during the first week of August 2012), you will still get a reasonable deal on a room. The rooms are spacious and can accommodate a family of 4-5 very comfortably. Front desk staff were friendly and welcoming. After a grueling 10 hour drive from the Bay Area (4 hours of which was spent in traffic on I-5) I don't think I looked like a happy camper. You could tell that the front desk clerk really went out of her way to cheer me up and make me feel welcome. That's a testament to the great customer service here; the staff here truly go out of there way to make you feel comfortable.

The neighborhood is safe, and this hotel is conveniently located right off the freeway. It felt like we got to Disneyland in no time at all.

Overall, a great hotel. I will stay here again the next time I visit Mickey. :)

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We are very happy to hear that you are a returning guest and that once again our immaculate rooms, room rate and service are what brought you back to Portola Inn and Suites. As you have told, we are conveniently located near Knott's Berry Farm (about a five minute drive), and less than fifteen minutes from Disneyland. As always, we try to make every single guest feel at home when they stay at our property, and we are glad to hear our team members shined for you on your stay. Once again, we thank you for your time and we hope to see you on your next trip to Disney.

Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was there on a family trip experiencing the area, going to Knotts Berry Farm and Disneyland and i wanted to find a hotel that was within my budget and had really nice rooms. this hotel definitely met my expectations for the most part. they were cleaner than i had expected and thanks to the front desk, i believe his name was Thomas, i was able to get all the nessicities i requested. and it was nice that he was able to bring them to my room without me having to go down myself. I would defnitely reccomend this hotel for their great service!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
It always brings us such joy to hear of the amazing experience one of our guest had while staying at Portola Inn and Suites. We are glad to read we exceeded your expectations and that the service that was provided to you and your family was exceptional. As you became aware, all of our rooms come with flat screen television, Wi-Fi, parking (free of charge), and we have an attentive front desk that can assist you any hour of the day. We hope to see you on your next family trip to the Orange County/Buena Park area.

Guest Relations Manager.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I read a lot of reviews of how the rooms smelled of smoke, which was false. Our room had no smoke odor at all! The staff was friendly. The rooms were updated which was nice. They werebetter than expected since it was such a good value to stay! The carpet could use a cleaning. It has obvious wear. And there is a vanity area by the restroom which is nice, but there's no light above it, so it was almost useless. Overall we would definately stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay at Portola Inn and Suites. We are glad to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations. By comments such as this one, we know that our team members are doing an exceptional job with the maintenance of the property. As you were aware, all of our rooms have a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, Iron, Iron Board, hair dryer and flat screen television. We also provide free Wi-Fi, parking and continental breakfast. Thank you once again for your time.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Portola Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!