“Great value great rooms!” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7921 Orangethorp Ave, Buena Park, CA 90621   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Buena Park
“Great value great rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I read a lot of reviews of how the rooms smelled of smoke, which was false. Our room had no smoke odor at all! The staff was friendly. The rooms were updated which was nice. They werebetter than expected since it was such a good value to stay! The carpet could use a cleaning. It has obvious wear. And there is a vanity area by the restroom which is nice, but there's no light above it, so it was almost useless. Overall we would definately stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay at Portola Inn and Suites. We are glad to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations. By comments such as this one, we know that our team members are doing an exceptional job with the maintenance of the property. As you were aware, all of our rooms have a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, Iron, Iron Board, hair dryer and flat screen television. We also provide free Wi-Fi, parking and continental breakfast. Thank you once again for your time.

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Four of us booked individual rooms here on a business trip. We all found the location to be very convenient for our purposes and easy to find. The rooms were clean, spacious, and remarkably full featured for the price. Also, they have a strong wifi connection. There was a little confusion at the front desk converting our reservation into four separate bills, but we will recommend this hotel to those doing business in the Fontana/Buena Park area with their own car. Also, we would make the recommendation to the hotel that they charge a little more and expand the continental breakfast offering a little.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are glad to hear that your stay here at Portola Inn and Suites was one of comfort and relaxation. And we would also like to thank you for providing us with your review. It's always nice to hear great comments about our property. As you were able to see first-hand, we take great pride with the cleanliness of our rooms. All of our rooms have recently been renovated with flat screen televison, bedding, and HD channels. We hope you were able to enjoy our free amenities, such as parking, in-door Wi-fi, and continental breakfast.

Chandler, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I read several reviews on Portola Inn & Suites. Its a MOTEL simular to Motel 6/Super 8. . Run down!!!
I dont know what rooms the reviewers stayed in but our room was a dump. On the 2nd floor close to the front lobby. There was a huge hole in the wall from the doorknob. They placed a trash can infront of the whole to keep the door from hitting...instead of making the minor repair. The restroom was dingy, dirty & the shower head was broke. The carpets were so old, worn and gross. Im sure even if they cleaned them it wouldnt help. The air conditioning was on high but didnt ever seem to cool the room. We arrived late so the parking lot was full so we made our own parking space. The pool area was a joke... super tiny and no privacy. I would never stay at this MOTEL again. The only good thing was the big TV with and that it has a small fridge/micro.

Room Tip: Not worth the little money I spent. Comparable to Motel 6/Super 8.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Please accept our most sincerely apologies for the experience you encountered while at Portola Inn and Suites, and thank you for bringing this up to our attention. I will personally have a meeting with our team members and will request for them to be more attentive to such details that you have mentioned. We hope you will consider us on your next visit to the Buena Park area so that you may see that we have taken your advice to great consideration. Once more, please accept our apologies.

Kindly,
Eagle Mountain, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We got a good deal of $50 per night for a four night stay. We were very pleased with the room overall but I have to tell about the problem I faced when we checked in. I had purchased a room and Disneyland pass package when I reserved online. When we checked in, the desk clerk took forever to try and run by American Express card and had to call the manager to explain that he needed to enter my zip code for the transaction to process. He gave me a ticket to sign and I noticed it was for much less than the bill should have been, I asked and he said he had to run the Disneyland tickets separately. He fiddled around for another 10 minutes and then said that he could not get the transaction to process and that he would bring the tickets to the room when it went through. We went to our room and waited about 45 minutes. He did not bring the tickets. I checked my Amex online and could see a charge for the tickets. This charge appeared as if I had made the purchase online. I went to the front desk and he said that he had ordered the tickets and they should have shown up in his email to print. I asked him how he had process the transaction and he said as if I had made it. I was furious that he would do that as it is illegal and totally against appropriate business practices. Long story short, I could not get the tickets until the next day. The manager did get them and said that they were going to change their process for buying tickets. I told him that the Better Business Bureau should be notified as it looked like I had purchased the tickets and not the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for letting us know about the experience you encountered while staying at Portola Inn and Suites. Please accept our apologies as we have already taken the appropriate measure to make sure this does not happen again. We will also retrain our front desk team members so that the check-in process can be adequate and speedy. Once again, we apologized for the inconvenience caused to you while you stayed at our Buena Park property.

Roseville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I booked a 2 night stay at this hotel for my brother and his family based on the reviews here. When he arrived after a long drive with his 2 small children and wife he was told his reservation had passed AND he'd been charged for one of the two night for a NO SHOW. Since I made the reservation, the front desk clerk called me and apologized for the 'misunderstanding' but that the policy was to charge for one night. He said there have been problems in the past when booking on the website (THEIR website, not a 3rd party) and that I should have called in the reservation instead.

To add salt to the injury, he also informed me that all they had available was a single room and only for one night. When I asked about a rollaway he said it was a $10 charge (after a lengthly conversation, he finally gave them the rollaway free of charge).

Luckily I still had the reservation pages in my browser history which show the correct dates even though when I submitted the reservation it changed the dates (i.e. the problem with their website). My credit card company is disputing the one night charge so stayed tuned to see if this hotel does the right thing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We apologize for the inconvenience brought to you during your stay at Portola Inn and Suites. Please be aware that our policy, which is sent to you along with the booking confirmation, states that a one-night charge will be applied to those guest who do not show up on their reservation date. That same policy states that after six o'clock the reservation may be subject to cancellation. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Morgan, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

It is a nice low cost hotel we had the double room and it was nice. Close to places to eat don't plan on getting to full on the free breakfast. It was clean other than the carpet that was dirty and needs to be replaced ! the television is not hi def. I will probably stay there again because of the low cost. It would be nice to have a quilt or blanket on the bet instead of just a sheet and bed cover

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We are glad that you took a minute of your time to provide us with your personal feedback on our Buena Park property. As you might already be aware, our free and fresh complimentary breakfast includes chocolate muffins, blueberry muffins, hot brewed coffee, orange juice, bananas, oranges, toast, and jelly. As far as the HD channels, we are currently working with a major cable provider so they can provide us with 125+HD channels so that all guest can have ample choices of channels when staying at Portola. We hope to see you soon and provide you with an unforgettable experience at Portola Inn and Suites.

Kindly,
Beaumont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is basically a repainted Motel 6. Nothing fancy but it is clean and well cared for. The carpet was pretty dirty though. I made everyone keep their white socks on and they were almost black when we left.The breakfast consists of toast and packaged muffins. The pool is really small. It is in a great location we stayed 2 nights and went to Disneyland, the beach and Knotts. The Marriott Fairfield Inn is across the street where you could stay for double the price.We stayed on the first floor and parked right in front of our door which was nice with kids.
Less than a block away is a Fuddruckers where you can build your own burger. We all loved that place the prices were great and there was a small arcade for the kids.Overall we would stay again to have somewhere clean to sleep and shower.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review you have on our Buena Park property. It is always great to know that our guest had a blast while staying at Portola Inn and Suites. As you might have already been aware, we are located five minutes away from Knotts Berry Farm and about twenty minutes from Disneyland. Also, all of our rooms come fully furnished with flat screen television, mini fridge, microwave, Iron, Iron Board, Hair Dryer, Coffee maker, and some of our free amenities include Wi-Fi, Parking and continental breakfast. We hope you can provide us with another opportunity at showing you all the improvements we have made since your last visit to the Orange County/Buena Park area.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Portola Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!