“Worth doing once ...” 3 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Buena Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: It is a dinner, adventure, and performance in one
San Diego, California
11 attraction reviews
“Worth doing once ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We drove up from San Diego for a day at Knott's and overnight stay. We thought this would be a fun thing to do for dinner.

You can arrive 2 hours before show time for appetizers, drinks and a pre-show. It's definitely not worth getting there that early. You kind of mill around a few rooms that includes a gift shop. There are very few tables so after a long day at Knott's, the last thing I wanted to do was stand in a room for 2 hours. There are 2 bars with really pricey drinks that all come in souvenir cups. There are appetizers being circulated through the room by waiters. Some of the items I had were bread with meat and cheese, fried zucchini, mini fried tacos, jalapeno poppers, mini meatballs, and veggie plates. There were plenty of appetizers going around.

The preshow starts at 8:00, if you are there a few minutes before that you are good. After that they lead you into the area to be seated. I really don't think there is a bad seat in the house. There is action on every part of the stage. I thought the show was really entertaining and fun. My 8 year old daughter loved it!

The food that is offered starts with choice of veggie soup or salad. I chose the soup and it was not great. The veggies were all ground up in it so you didn't really know what you were eating. The broth was good though. My daughter got the salad and it was all lettuce except for 2 cherry tomatoes. For dinner you get a choice of chicken quarters or steak skewers. I chose the steak skewers which came with mash potatoes, rice, and veggies. The steak was so chewy that I couldn't even get it down. The mashed potatoes, veggies and rice were good so that was my dinner. For desert the served a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream and that was really good.

Overall, it was worth doing once, we had a lot of fun. We got a Groupon for this, I don't think it's worth the full price.

Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
“A bit of fun for an evening - but no Oscars for this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We was part of a 200+ conference crowd that were brought here in coaches for an evening's entertainment/meal.

I've no idea what the cost of the show/meal was and drinks seemed to be quite pricey.

We started in a bar area for about half an hour for drinks, then allotted into a group to be led into the seated show area.

I must say, first impression, I thought the setting and ambience was great,

What can you say - while the show, whatever it was about, was somewhat entertaining the food left something to be desired.

I agree with a recent previous comment about the soup - and I had the beef thing which, I think, could have been the remains of a pirate's boot.

So, maybe don't expect too much from the food.

Couldn't make out what the show was about - but it was very energetic and looked like the participants were having fun.

All in all the whole experience was OK though, in my opnion, wouldn't be good value for money if it costs over $30 without drinks.

Visited May 2014
Orange, California
109 attraction reviews
“Fun but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is one of those places you should visit once, but then that's probably it. I live locally and joked with my son that he should take me to Medieval Times for Father Day, where we had been a long time ago. Instead, he took me here. We had a great time. The food was good, but make sure you have the chicken. He had the beef and it's didn't look very good. Service was great and the show was the right amount of entertainment for families with enough adult humor included. Because of the location, it probably gets a lot of tourists which is fine. As I said, great for a one time visit but I doubt they get many return visits due to the price.

Hemet, CA
4 attraction reviews
“Great Show....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Saw an offer on groupon for $33 and decided that since we were going to be in the area for the weekend we'd give it a try, so glad we did.

I called ahead to make sure that they still had reservations for Groupon tickets for our date, which was June 20th. If you are purchasing through Groupon I highly recommend calling them directly and making sure the date your requesting still has openings before purchasing your tickets through Groupon, yes that means there is limited seating for Groupon tickets each night.

Anywho, after making sure they had room we purchased our tickets and made the reservation. Show starts at 7:30 but the place opens at 5:30pm for appetizers and a pre-show warm up.

Appetizer's were pretty decent, nothing spectacular but enough to keep your stomach from eating itself before the dinner & show. From what we saw they had; sweet potato tots, cocktail weenies w/BBQ sauce on a slice of bread as well as BBQ meatballs done the same way, seasoned fries and carrots, celery & broccoli with ranch. We had gotten there a little before 6pm so all the tables were taken but we found a nice spot with a bar wayyy in the back where the entrance to the show is and the veggie guy :-).

We decided to go ahead and shell out the $16 a piece for the 22oz. souvenir cups, I totally recommend the Yellow Pirate by the way it was pretty good that I went ahead and paid another $8 to have them filler up again.

Dinner they serve was decent, nothing spectacular although I did like the mashed potatoes, not the worst thing I've even but also not the best. I highly recommend you choose the chicken, the beef kabob portion is kinda on the small side even though you get veggies, rice & mashed potatoes. I forgot that kabobs traditionally have bell peppers, so hate them with a passion, but the sauce they put on the meat made it so I couldn't taste it and of course I just didn't eat the damn bell peppers.

Dessert was a brownie with ice cream and some chocolate syrup oh and you can choose soup or salad before the meal too, forgot about that.Our waitress was very attentive and we had no problems getting extra napkins or refills on our pitcher. In fact everyone of the employees we encountered were very polite and fun.

Now as far as the show goes it was very enjoyable, comedy, action and a little romance. Yes some of the comedy is cheesy as hell but unless you have a stick inserted somewhere you will find it funny. Basically it was a fun experience and we would totally do it again with a group of people or just the two of us. Don't ye be a scallywag and give it a try, and if ye have a stick in yer bum they might just pull it out for ya.

Manama, Bahrain
10 attraction reviews
“Pleasant evening, ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was our second visit. The show has changed. We liked the old one better. The food is ok. We had the upgraded Captains Feast. I wouldn't recommend the upgrade. The pre dinner cocktails are quite tasty, huge and pretty potent. They'll also put quite a dent in your wallet. My husband was pretty thoroughly lubricated by the time we were seated. He definitely enjoyed the show. The staff was exceptionally helpful and efficient. It's an entertaining night out.