“1st visit” 5 of 5 stars

$57*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: It is a dinner, adventure, and performance in one
La Vista, Nebraska
“1st visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

It was our first time and we were very pleased! We loved the fact that before the show they pass our treats to nibble on and the bar is great. The meal they served was excellent and the whole crowd was involved in the show!

Visited July 2013

Sachse, Texas
26 attraction reviews
“Ok if Bored and no where to go”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is an OK show, with OK food, but for a real high price. This is nothing out of the ordinary, if you have been to Mideavel Times you have been here but with Pirate costumes. If you are bored and have nothing to do its OK but nothing more.

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
18 attraction reviews
“Family Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We took my son for his 3rd birthday and it was a fun afternoon. He was probroably a little too young but our 6 year old daughter love it. Good food selection. Interactive show for both aduls and kids.

The kids loved seeing dad called up to help. Nice kid friendly meal options.

Visited August 2012
San Diego, California
“Rollicking, swashbuckling fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We took our little one here to top off our Knott's Berry Farm trip this past weekend. Since we'd already been to Medieval Times (plus I read EVERY last T.A. review before booking), I knew what to expect in terms of atmosphere, event agenda, and food. Pirate's Dinner Adventure completely met my expectations, plus a bit more :).

I chose the 3:30 show yesterday - Sunday - and I'm still on the fence about whether that was a good or bad decision...on one had it was awesome in terms of parking (there was plenty) crowding (there was none, and we were able to buy our flags and head scarves right away), appetizers (we were able to try a couple of everything), and views (we were right there for the great pre-show and were able to move down a few seats since at the performance itself our pirate's ladder was directly in front of us, and the section right next to us was empty). On the other hand, since seating was about 50%, it wasn't as loud and participatory as a fully-seated show would have been, dampening the experience a bit. The two times I've been to Medieval Times it was packed (they were on Saturday nights), and that really does add to the overall experience and feel of the show.

Just about every review on here is accurate in terms of description, however how you choose to enjoy the adventure is up to you...is your glass half-empty or half-full? This is a show that moves quickly, and it's aimed at kids and at adults who like to have fun and will get the quips they throw out. There are quite a few opportunities for audience participation (both adults and kids), and it's highly interactive. Also, it is true that the food isn't going to ever be referenced in any cookbooks; however it's not going to make you gag, either. The soup was hot and reasonably good, the chicken was roasted - I received a generous half of the bird and it was pretty tasty. The accompanying rice and mixed veggies were decent, again generous portions, everything was to temperature and did the job of filling me up nicely. My husband requested the ham, which I wouldn't advise unless you really don't like chicken as it was pretty dry. His mashed potatoes were yummy though; they had lumps (which I happen to like) and tasted homemade. We had the same veggies. My little one had the kid's meal, 4 or 5 chicken nuggets for which our waitress promptly gave him a side of ranch upon request, mac & cheese, and mashed potatoes. He was so enthralled with the show, however, that he didn't touch his food and my husband and I were too full to eat any of it. Dessert was a brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and the waitress drizzled chocolate over all of it making an attractive presentation.

Best part: every member of the pirate cast was really, REALLY good, and the two gals who sang (Treasure and Princess) were simply fabulous. It's a cute story-line, with the ship’s Captain going after a dragon's egg, and the pirates on board with his mission until one of them falls in love with a Princess. There are acrobatics galore, and Gypsy does some really incredible in-the-air gymnastic feats. There was lots of eye candy for both me and my husband! Though the audience wasn't full, the cast still gave it their all and it was truly a great show.

Worst part: the waitress giving us a little flier on a tip tray and explaining how gratuity works. During the show. Yes, each waiter/waitress goes to every group and asks for a tip, and the flier suggests $10 per adult, $5 per child. Then they come by again, during the show, to pick up their tip trays and thank you so you really can’t get away with under-tipping or not tipping at all. I’m glad we tipped accordingly, but only because we saw how hard she worked during the entertainment what with keeping everyone's drink pitchers replenished, plating and handing out all of the food, clearing up when everyone's done, and helping with audience participation. She was a busy bee!

It's really hard to recommend one show over the other, PDA vs. MT. We’re talking pirates vs. horses, they’re both great! However if had to choose, I’d go with PDA…it’s a little more fun and includes appetizers and a pre-show. Also, I used the Buena Park website’s (visitbuenapark.com) discount code of “LACON” when making my reservation, bringing the price down to $29/person (not including tax or their goofy $3 per ticket processing fee). Note that if you have a child who is a little sensitive to loud noises, as mine is, you may want to bring some earplugs or spend a lot of time covering his or her ears...there are a lot of gun shots and pyrotechnics :).

Visited June 2013
“Fun times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great interaction with the kids thank you for taking my boys on stage it was a great experience and we will definitely be back soon!!

Visited May 2013