“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were visiting family members about an hour away and decided at the last minute to visit Knott's Berry Farm (6/9) before we drove back to CO. First, I am a bargain shopper and for our last minute reservation, the Knott's Hotel direct website was the cheapest by far from any of the other websites. We booked a package deal for one night hotel, park tickets, breakfast buffet and parking. We came from staying at a Courtyard in Riverside, CA and I can tell you that this hotel's standard room was by far better. The staff was always friendly, the hotel was very clean and our room was a very good size. Yes, the tub/toilet area had been horribly caulked a million times and could have used a bit of a overhaul but everything else in the room was great. It's not a 5 star hotel and for what we paid, we were perfectly fine with it! Very close to the park which made it very easy to take my 2 yr old back for a quick nap and go back to the park again before closing. We did not pay extra for the Snoopy room but our kids managed to see him in the hotel lobby right before bedtime (he was in pajamas) and again at the restaurant during breakfast. They LOVED that and we were not anticipating it so it was a GREAT bonus for them! I am always leery of when hotels offer a breakfast buffet (inc. in our room package) but it was really good! Great selection of hot items, cold items and fresh fruit. The waiter was super friendly, attentive and even suggested to-go cups with fresh coffee. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Decent hotel for families, rooms hadn't changed much since I'd been there 6 years ago but the flat screen tv was great! The service was really good, 2 young people in particular (sorry I can't remember your names) were really great, they were super friendly and personal.
The free shuttle to Disneyland is the best part! When checking out, the shuttle driver was even kind enough to drop me at my next hotel near Disneyland!
Pool was good, buffet breakfast wasn't as amazing as I remembered it but there are a few good food choices around, Fridays was my favorite.

Only criticism was that the bathroom door was almost falling off its hinges when I got there but I talked to reception the next day and they got someone right up to fix it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

the rooms are small, out dated and cheap looking. the crappy $5 coffee maker in the room was defective and leaked all over the deal destroying my lap top. when checking out nobody asked how our stay was our even offered a discount for destroying my personal property. never again knotts hotel, never again.

• Stayed June 2013
Stephen R, Front Office Manager at Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Please accept an apology on behalf of the entire team at the Knott’s Hotel for what was clearly a frustrating experience. I do not see a report regarding the situation in the past few days surrounding your review so I am hoping to get some more information if possible. We do have several room types at our property of varying sizes designed to cater to the space and financial needs of our guests. While I do not see them as ‘out dated’ or ‘cheap looking’ I can certainly understand how the room may have been too small for your needs depending on the chosen room type at the time of booking. I would be happy to facilitate a claim regarding your lap top and discuss your stay further if you would please contact me directly at your convenience. I thank you for your feedback and again apologize for your negative experience. Stephen Ruggiero, 714-243-2006
roscommon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with my partner and another couple. i really enjoyed it. It was so nice. staff were friendly and helpful. it was right beside the theme park and water park soak city. it was so cool. if i return ill def be staying here.i loved it.

• Stayed September 2012
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were looking for a fun place for us and our 2 kids to stay a couple days before a cruise, and being only 15-20min from the cruise terminal, this hotel was perfect! We took advantage of the package deal which included tickets to the park, breakfast each day and 1 dinner.

The hotel is old and shows signs wear and tear, but it is clean and overall a very good value. The hotel is right next door to Knott’s Berry farm. It has an onsite restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.

We requested a room on the upper floor and the management was happy to oblige! For best views of the park, ask for a higher floor on the west side of the building.

Only draw back were the beds. They were so hard I had to peek at the mattresses, which suprisingly, looked new! LOL

Room Tip: For best views of the park, ask for a higher floor on the west side of the building.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel got everything we need; Internet, free dinner, free breakfast buffet , swimming pool , work out gym and the Knotts berry Farm ticket is included . Amazing deal 392 bucks tax included for 5 people ! My kids loved it! We'll be back here next year.

• Stayed June 2013
Southern Cali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed here for my birthday celebration with my husband. Went on a Tuesday thinking it would be less crowded but it also happens to be Graduation time. It ended up being fine, we enjoyed ourselves.

OK now onto the hotel. We got the Supreme Package which was a King bed and lots of goodies. We had free parking, Knott's tickets for two, breakfast buffet, and a nice dinner with more options than are listed on the web site. The food was really good in our opinion for both meals. No, the eggs weren't watery. The hotel was nicely appointed and decorated as was our room. WiFi was good.

We checked in early and we couldn't get in our room, but we were able to pre checkin and request a high floor, and also get our Knotts tickets. We had an ice chest in the car, so we tailgated when we wanted to take breaks from Knotts. Brought back a couple "to go Chicken breasts" that were the best.

Checkin is at 4 but we got our room about 1:30. It was nice to walk back and forth from Knotts. We had a view of the pool and our car in the parking lot. We forgot our swimsuits so we didn't go in the pool, but we did check it out. Loved the water park feature. We also went in the gym/fitness center and was surprised at all the great machines, the steam and sauna, the restrooms. Very nice.

We would absolutely book this again.

Room Tip: We liked being on a high floor (6) overlooking the pool. We were right next to the elevator and ice...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!