“"You get what you paid for"” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7675 Crescent Avenue, Buena Park, CA 90620   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
San Diego, California
“"You get what you paid for"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I decided to book one night here because we planned to visit Knott's Berry Farm amusement park on a Saturday and I didn't want to drive back to San Diego after a days worth of walking at the park. This is the closest hotel to the park - a short 7 minutes walk from the Hotel and saved us $8.00 for parking my car at the hotel before going to the park since we were going to check in the afternoon anyway compared to $15.00 parking for non hotel guest.

It really depends on what kind of room you booked and how much you willing to pay to get a decent room. I booked an oversized 2 Queen non-smoking room with a pool view and that's exactly what I got. As expected this is an older hotel so the AC is not centralized like the newer hotel. Every room has it's own AC unit attached inside the room by the window. I found it kind of loud when it turns on and if you are sensitive to noise like myself it's hard to fall asleep unless you were really tired from visiting the park.

The water play area next to the pool is the other reason why I choose this hotel. My kids had a good time playing there in the afternoon after we checked in then we went back to the park at night.

I would stay here again next time I visit either the amusement park or the water park because of the convenience-location/walking distance. Choose your room type wisely and have a good time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stephen R, Front Office Manager at Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Knott’s Hotel. While I was happy to see that several elements of your stay were satisfactory, I would love to see your positive experience become the expectations for all of our guests. While you are correct that the oversized room you requested is a higher rate, guest’s staying in our standard rooms should expect that same level of cleanliness and service no matter what the rate! Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again in the future. Stephen Ruggiero, Front Office Manager 714-243-2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I just stepped back in time to 1965... this hotel/property is ancient... amenities are few... and those that are here remind me of a 1960's Motel Six... sad sad sad, you can't get a decent cup of coffee... and God forbid you want to grab a nice coffee or tea and a muffin... what hotel doesn't have a lobby coffee bar these days? And mention triple sheeting beds? And you get a blank stare like you've just arrived from a distant planet.

Room Tip: My tip is go someplace else... parking expensive... general attitude of employees is pathetic...kids...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Please accept my apology on behalf of the entire team here at the Knott’s Hotel. The level of service that you experienced is far from our goal as both a company and management team. While many areas of our building are unfortunately a bit dated, I feel confident that your experience with our service culture is very unique. We take a great deal of pride in our training and development of our future leaders and learning that you received ‘pathetic’ service is simply unacceptable. We do provide complimentary coffee both in your room and in the lobby although I can certainly understand how either can be over looked given your level of frustration. I have shared your feedback with our staff to ensure something of this nature or similar does not so adversely affect you or any guests in the future. Thank you again for your feedback. Stephen Ruggiero, Front Office Manager KBF Hotel.
Ormeau, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 4 (kids are 10 & 8) had a great stay here, hotel is clean and well presented, staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Walking distance to plenty of things to see and do, we'll positioned for the other Los Angeles attractions. Will definitely come again

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Escondido, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family and I decided to stray away from tradition last Thanksgiving (2012). We usually stay home and do the whole Thanksgiving dinner; however, we decided to go to Knott's Berry Farm and stay at Knott's hotel. We stayed in a Camp Snoopy room which had two double beds, a bathroom, flat screen T.V., a table, lamp, and telephone in the room. The room has Peanuts decor, it includes two Snoopy plush dolls for the kids, and kids (I think 12 and under) eat free at the hotel restaurant with every paying adult. The cool thing about staying at Knott's hotel is that between 8pm and 8:30 pm Snoopy visits every room and takes pictures with the family/kids, then tucks the children into bed. My kids were very excited to see Snoopy in the room. The staff was friendly and the hotel is next door to the park. In my opinion, the visit from Snoopy and the plush dolls were the only reason why I would stay there again. Although the room was clean, it is your average hotel room at a VERY expensive rate. The hotel is older and not fancy. Our room was the size of a room at Super 8 or Motel 6, just with snoopy decorations. All in all we had a good stay and my kids will never forget our trip to Knott's on Thanksgiving..that made it all worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of an organised tour that also took in San Francisco and Las Vegas. The hotel is clean and comfortable and the rooms are large and of a good standard. The location is great if you are going to the theme parks but a bit isolated if you want to explore. There is a small shopping area about 20 minutes walk away and a number of restaurants within walking distance. That said, the local buses were good ($2 a ride) and there is also a train service into downtown LA. Restaurant was ok with usual fare on offer plus Snoopy coming by to say hi.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We booked this via a tour agent and were initially quite apprehensive because there seems to be nothing in the area where this hotel is located (when we checked google streetview). Upon reaching, we noticed there are shops, bakery, restaurants & Walgreens (24-hour supermart/pharmacy) nearby hence were happy to know it wouldn't be difficult to buy essential stuff and get our meals settled.

Hotel provides free shuttle to Disneyland (20 mins ride) for all guests (book with concierge in advance in case your preferred timeslot is full). Make use of the shuttle if u need to go to Anaheim as even the car rentals wouldn't pick us up as this location is a little out.

We slept quite well at night since there isn't much activities in this area in the night.

Our package didn't include breakfast but this isn't an issue as you can get your stuff from the bakery just 5 mins away. Food at TGI Fridays were good but it's a shame they close at 9pm else we could have chill out there longer.

Coin operated washing machines & dryers (8am-10pm), vending machines and free ice dispensers are also available.

We checked-in and out 3 times during our tour. Our rooms on lower floors (2nd & 3rd) were cleaner compared to the one at Level 8 (should have taken it when the hotel gave us the 1st floor room on our last 2 nights there).

Given a choice, we would likely opt for other hotels/inns at Anaheim/around Disneyland as there are more action in that area and of course more to see and do.

Room Tip: Lower floors gives you faster access to the amenities and seems cleaner than the higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I made reservations for an overnight stay with our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter in one of the Snoopy rooms at the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel (April 13, 2013). For an extra charge (around $50.00 or so) you can stay in a Snoopy Room where it is decorated in a Snoopy motif and Snoopy himself stops by between 8:00PM and 8:30PM to tuck in the kids. We opted to take advantage of the Bed & Breakfast package that included the king bed Snoopy Room, Parking (normally $7.00) and breakfast buffet for each registered guests at the Amber Waves restaurant adjacent to the hotel. We also got a nice discount because we are annual pass holders to the park so our total (with the discount) came to around $178.00. A bit pricey for an overnight stay just up the street from our house but we wanted to do something special for our granddaughter.

I will start by saying that parking is a bit of a nightmare. My husband found parking but it was quite a long walk from the car to the hotel. The lobby is nice with comfortable chairs and pretty colors. My granddaughter was enchanted already. The gentleman that checked us in, Peter, was warm and professional and I was VERY impressed with the 5 star greeting. Since my husband parked the car after dropping my us off at the front entrance of the hotel we spent some time in the lobby waiting for his return as he had to park so far away. But Peter was awesome and didn't mind answering this old lady's questions.

Finally we head up to our room (Room 215). The elevator is extremely fast and we go into the special wing where (I presume) all of the Snoopy Rooms are located. When we opened the door we were in for a bit of a shock. It is SMALL. There is a tiny bathroom and if you sit on the toilet you can touch the wall on one side and the bathtub on the other. We figured that we would just open up the curtains and that would open up the room a bit. We open the curtains and see ... a wall! WOW! There is a walkway right below our window. Not only that but people use the walkway and we can hear them talking as if they are in the room with us. Not good. But my granddaughter is delighted that there is a little Snoopy stuffed animal waiting for her on the bed. We decide to go to Knott's for a while where we had some fun. Upon our return to our room we found ANOTHER Snoopy stuffed toy on the bed. We felt it was odd that someone had come into our room after we checked in and ... what? Just to leave a second toy? We forgot to leave the do not disturb sign on the door when we left, but still.

Anyway, we brought in some of Mrs. Knott's delicious fried chicken and sat around on the bed to enjoy it. And enjoy it we did. DELICIOUS! There is really no young children (3 or 4 year old) friendly programming on the television (not even pay per view) so we got out some Legos and my granddaughter and I were having a grand time playing on the bed. My husband decided to sit on the red chair and read. The chair, however, is just for show. It was the most uncomfortable chair I have ever experienced in a hotel room. He sat on the floor instead. It was then we decided that after Snoopy showed up we were going home. We were done.

Snoopy showed up right at 8:30PM and he was WONDERFUL! The joy on my granddaughter's face and her laughter as Snoopy played a bit with her was worth the extra money. Snoopy's handler was also fabulous reminding Snoopy (watch out for the lamp so you don't break it like Charlie Brown did). I mean Snoopy is big and the room so small he kept bumping into things. But whoever was playing Snoopy did a wonderful job. We were thrilled with the performance.

Since we never unpacked we just picked up our stuff and left. A young lady checked us out and she was not very hospitable. I told her we were checking out and she asked for my room number. I told her and she says "you know you aren't getting a refund." I told her that I knew that. She never asked why were leaving after only a few hours. Peter, however, after finishing checking in a late check-in comes over and asks if there is a problem, why are we leaving, can he do anything to make our stay better, etc. I told Peter that the only things good about this hotel is Snoopy and him. Period. We are never going back.

I have pictures of the room and will post those also in a few days.

I received a call from Stephen Ruggiero (the manager) and he left a message with his direct line because he wanted to discuss the issues I had with the room. I returned his call today and left a message with him. I thought it was very nice that the manager wanted to follow up with me especially since I left the hotel on good terms with the staff and I wasn't demanding my money back or anything. Nice. I don't know if or when we will ever connect to talk about our experience.

By the way, we never used our breakfast buffet passes at Amber Waves so I don't know how good the restaurant may be.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your extremely detailed review of your short visit with us. I know you have since spoken with one of our Supervisors but I wanted to follow up again and thank you for the invaluable feedback. I have recognized Peter for his service and discussed this expectation with my entire team to ensure that it becomes a standard. I do hope that you have an opportunity to return for the full experience as we do have many snoopy rooms that do not face directly at neighboring walls. Again I thank you for being so understanding and we look forward to hosting you and your family again soon!
Stephen Ruggiero, Front Office Manager 714-243-2006