“Not bad if the location is in a better place” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7675 Crescent Avenue, Buena Park, CA 90620   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 19 hotels in Buena Park
Singapore
“Not bad if the location is in a better place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We booked this via a tour agent and were initially quite apprehensive because there seems to be nothing in the area where this hotel is located (when we checked google streetview). Upon reaching, we noticed there are shops, bakery, restaurants & Walgreens (24-hour supermart/pharmacy) nearby hence were happy to know it wouldn't be difficult to buy essential stuff and get our meals settled.

Hotel provides free shuttle to Disneyland (20 mins ride) for all guests (book with concierge in advance in case your preferred timeslot is full). Make use of the shuttle if u need to go to Anaheim as even the car rentals wouldn't pick us up as this location is a little out.

We slept quite well at night since there isn't much activities in this area in the night.

Our package didn't include breakfast but this isn't an issue as you can get your stuff from the bakery just 5 mins away. Food at TGI Fridays were good but it's a shame they close at 9pm else we could have chill out there longer.

Coin operated washing machines & dryers (8am-10pm), vending machines and free ice dispensers are also available.

We checked-in and out 3 times during our tour. Our rooms on lower floors (2nd & 3rd) were cleaner compared to the one at Level 8 (should have taken it when the hotel gave us the 1st floor room on our last 2 nights there).

Given a choice, we would likely opt for other hotels/inns at Anaheim/around Disneyland as there are more action in that area and of course more to see and do.

Room Tip: Lower floors gives you faster access to the amenities and seems cleaner than the higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

794 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Orange, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I made reservations for an overnight stay with our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter in one of the Snoopy rooms at the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel (April 13, 2013). For an extra charge (around $50.00 or so) you can stay in a Snoopy Room where it is decorated in a Snoopy motif and Snoopy himself stops by between 8:00PM and 8:30PM to tuck in the kids. We opted to take advantage of the Bed & Breakfast package that included the king bed Snoopy Room, Parking (normally $7.00) and breakfast buffet for each registered guests at the Amber Waves restaurant adjacent to the hotel. We also got a nice discount because we are annual pass holders to the park so our total (with the discount) came to around $178.00. A bit pricey for an overnight stay just up the street from our house but we wanted to do something special for our granddaughter.

I will start by saying that parking is a bit of a nightmare. My husband found parking but it was quite a long walk from the car to the hotel. The lobby is nice with comfortable chairs and pretty colors. My granddaughter was enchanted already. The gentleman that checked us in, Peter, was warm and professional and I was VERY impressed with the 5 star greeting. Since my husband parked the car after dropping my us off at the front entrance of the hotel we spent some time in the lobby waiting for his return as he had to park so far away. But Peter was awesome and didn't mind answering this old lady's questions.

Finally we head up to our room (Room 215). The elevator is extremely fast and we go into the special wing where (I presume) all of the Snoopy Rooms are located. When we opened the door we were in for a bit of a shock. It is SMALL. There is a tiny bathroom and if you sit on the toilet you can touch the wall on one side and the bathtub on the other. We figured that we would just open up the curtains and that would open up the room a bit. We open the curtains and see ... a wall! WOW! There is a walkway right below our window. Not only that but people use the walkway and we can hear them talking as if they are in the room with us. Not good. But my granddaughter is delighted that there is a little Snoopy stuffed animal waiting for her on the bed. We decide to go to Knott's for a while where we had some fun. Upon our return to our room we found ANOTHER Snoopy stuffed toy on the bed. We felt it was odd that someone had come into our room after we checked in and ... what? Just to leave a second toy? We forgot to leave the do not disturb sign on the door when we left, but still.

Anyway, we brought in some of Mrs. Knott's delicious fried chicken and sat around on the bed to enjoy it. And enjoy it we did. DELICIOUS! There is really no young children (3 or 4 year old) friendly programming on the television (not even pay per view) so we got out some Legos and my granddaughter and I were having a grand time playing on the bed. My husband decided to sit on the red chair and read. The chair, however, is just for show. It was the most uncomfortable chair I have ever experienced in a hotel room. He sat on the floor instead. It was then we decided that after Snoopy showed up we were going home. We were done.

Snoopy showed up right at 8:30PM and he was WONDERFUL! The joy on my granddaughter's face and her laughter as Snoopy played a bit with her was worth the extra money. Snoopy's handler was also fabulous reminding Snoopy (watch out for the lamp so you don't break it like Charlie Brown did). I mean Snoopy is big and the room so small he kept bumping into things. But whoever was playing Snoopy did a wonderful job. We were thrilled with the performance.

Since we never unpacked we just picked up our stuff and left. A young lady checked us out and she was not very hospitable. I told her we were checking out and she asked for my room number. I told her and she says "you know you aren't getting a refund." I told her that I knew that. She never asked why were leaving after only a few hours. Peter, however, after finishing checking in a late check-in comes over and asks if there is a problem, why are we leaving, can he do anything to make our stay better, etc. I told Peter that the only things good about this hotel is Snoopy and him. Period. We are never going back.

I have pictures of the room and will post those also in a few days.

I received a call from Stephen Ruggiero (the manager) and he left a message with his direct line because he wanted to discuss the issues I had with the room. I returned his call today and left a message with him. I thought it was very nice that the manager wanted to follow up with me especially since I left the hotel on good terms with the staff and I wasn't demanding my money back or anything. Nice. I don't know if or when we will ever connect to talk about our experience.

By the way, we never used our breakfast buffet passes at Amber Waves so I don't know how good the restaurant may be.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stephen R, Front Office Manager at Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your extremely detailed review of your short visit with us. I know you have since spoken with one of our Supervisors but I wanted to follow up again and thank you for the invaluable feedback. I have recognized Peter for his service and discussed this expectation with my entire team to ensure that it becomes a standard. I do hope that you have an opportunity to return for the full experience as we do have many snoopy rooms that do not face directly at neighboring walls. Again I thank you for being so understanding and we look forward to hosting you and your family again soon!
Stephen Ruggiero, Front Office Manager 714-243-2006
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the oversized room with two roll aways and it was a perfect size for 5 of us. Including three teenagers. The room was very clean, hot tub was large and hot! Short drive to Huntington Beach from the hotel. The package deal was the best value including breakfast buffet and park passes.

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was our second time and my kids just love it there!!! from the quick walk to Knotts Berry Farm to the clean room with comfy beds. We get a camp snoop room and Snoopy comes in to say goodnight. FOR ABOUT $400 we got two double beds 4 tickets to Knotts Berry Farm park 4 breakfasts buffets and parking. About parking make sure you park in front. This time around our car got keyed from front passenger door to back door and of course nothing was done. Security driving around when they want. Our stay was great until we came upon our damaged vehicle.

• Stayed March 2013
Auburn Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We booked a room that included breakfast and tickets to the park. It was a decent deal and we enjoyed ourselves. The biggest benefit to this hotel is the location. It is right next to the park. The rooms and the breakfast are mediocre at best. We saw Snoopy in the lobby two times, so this was fun for the kids. Outside of this, there was nothing to differentiate the Knotts hotel from any other place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is obviously older, but kept up well, and very clean. I used to work in a bed and breakfast.. and am a clean freak. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. Nothing fancy.. but they offered a really great room service menu - and we indulged in breakfast. The restaurant downstairs was outstanding.. for simple, but good meals, and the service was really great. The hotel is next to the park.. and one block off a main street with lots of good restaurants, including Bubba Gump, The Pirates Adventure, Medival Times, TGI Fridays, an Asian Bistro.. and many others. There is also a Walgreens just down the street for last minute items. Also, be sure to reserve your shuttle seats for Disneyland as soon as possible the day before - -they fill up really quickly -we learned the hard way. Front desk staff are wonderful, and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. I would definately stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

First room horrible on the 1st floor, smelled like pot and than the tub was not draining. Called and was moved to the 7th floor much better no smell and the tub drained. They offer shuttle service it's by appointment only! Overall it was a nice hotel with a pool, tennis and basketball court. Staff was very friendly and somewhat helpful.

Room Tip: Don't ask for the 1st floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!