“Gets bad reviews, but I didn't experience anything bad” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7675 Crescent Avenue, Buena Park, CA 90620   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Oregon City, Oregon
“Gets bad reviews, but I didn't experience anything bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We just concluded our first trip to Knotts Berry Farm hotel. I was a little worried with the reviews. For the price I felt like this was a very nice hotel. Location was great, Amber Waves food was great, staff was friendly, beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Noise level?? What do you expect at an amusement park.....you get close proximity. If you want a Hilton go pay the price for the Hilton. If you want location with a nice pool and good food I would suggest this hotel. Snoopy in the lobby in the evening....so cute!

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet room on the far side of the hotel away from the amusement park let the sta...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Upland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last year on our honeymoon and thought we would stay again for our Anniversary. We enjoy going to Knott's Berry Farm as it is right next door. For my part, I thought the pool, and jacuzzi were excellent and I thought the fitness room was great. They even have a steam room, which I enjoyed. We didn't eat at the restaurant as it seemed expensive, so I couldn't say if it was good or not. I don't like the fact that they charge you $7.00 for parking though. The staff were very friendly at all times. My wife will finish with her thoughts.
The room was very clean and decorated nicely other than the chair and ottoman, which was very comfortable by the way, but were light blue whereas rest of room in earthtones. The bed was extremely comfortable though I would suggest a fourth pillow (but I didn't search the room or call downstairs and could have either found or gotten one). There weren't enough outlets; had to take the coffeemaker to the sink to use. I would suggest a mirror over the desk in order to use as makeup table. The only thing that surprised me as didn't see this last year, was the sink faucet and bathroom door handle were very used, doorknob two colors...both need replacement. Again; however, the room was clean, comfortable and the TV was very good. Perhaps some of the rooms already have these but a mini fridge and small microwave would be handy. We liked that the desk called to make sure everything was satisfactory, but, they should have waited a little longer to allow us to inspect the room more thoroughly.

Room Tip: If you would like a good view of the park at night choose a room high on the north side
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My family stayed in early November. This hotel costs three times what the other next door motels cost. The only thing you get is the name. It is an old hotel with small rooms. The staff was very unfriendly. Besides the overpriced hotel you had to pay to park there. The 3 small elevators always had a waiting line and were extremely slow. There was nothing I liked about this hotel. My wife had a problem plugging in the iron as there were no plug ins except for the tv toys, and be carefull if you even touch one there is a charge. Don't even get me started on the restaurant. To get a refill on their $3 cup of coffee was an act of congress. They just kept ignoring you. They must be taught to save all the money on refills as they will neaver see you again. Too bad they can't treat people better. Next time I go for the quality not the name.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. The beds are terrible, no view and now I itch. Jamie has a rash on his bac...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DRP078, Front Office Manager at Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Elmer, I apologize for the negative experience that you had during your stay with us. We agree that there is no excuse for poor guest service and are shocked that you were treated in this way. On behalf of the entire team at the Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel we hope that you give us another chance to experience the superior service and convenience the vast majority of our guests are used to.
-Stephen, Front Office Manager
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We checked in at Knotts Berry Farm Resort Hotel in the last week of October 2012. It was so near the Knotts Berry Farm Theme Park that you could hear the yells of the thrill riders of the park during night time. But was not really that annoying.

The staff was helpful, although we were greeted by a $4.00 dollar bottled water upon entering the room. The room was nice though and the four of us could fit into its two queen beds.

They have a complimentary shuttle ride to the Disneyland, which we availed. The shuttle van was decent.

The hotel in general was very good and the staff was very accomodating. My only complaint was that there was this peculiar odor in one of their side stairways going to the lobby from the pool side. Perhaps, it was the carpet.

Other than that, we were fully satisfied and would give this hotel a rating of 4.25 out of 5.0.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
La Habra Heights, California!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a great family event! The hotel had monsters walking around "greeting" people! We went to the pre-haunt scare buffet (included in the package), the breakfast (included in the package), and our room was HUGE and very comfortable. We looked out on part of Ghostrider, and although we didn't spend much time in the room, it was perfect for three people.

Room Tip: We like higher floor rooms, and we were in the middle of the floor and the room was spacious
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

As always, on our trip to Knotts Berry Farm Theme Park, we always stay for a day or two at the Knotts Berry Farm Resort Hotel. The staff were very nice and helpful, the food is Amber Waves Restaurant is good. The place still looks the same after visiting it over the past 15 years or so. Some of the staff are still the same and they remember us. We stayed at the beginning of our trip and the King Size Bed was hard but because we had a 12 hour flight, we were shattered so we did sleep. We went back to the hotel for the last two nights and this time our beds were very comfortable but they put us in room 124 where you could here the noise from the hotel dryers in the laundry. They did offer us another room. The best thing about this Hotel is that its the closest hotel to the Knotts Berry Farm Theme Park, so its location is ideal. Its only a 5 minute walk through the carpark into the Theme Park and it is, ok value for money. We will still continue to stay there for a night just because of its location.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet area of the hotel with comfy beds. It seems like certain rooms have had their...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We are regulars to the Halloween Haunt at Knott's and stay at the Knott's hotel most of the time due to the packages they offer and it's just so close...it's just so convenient. I have seen major changes in this hotel over the years ( better changes). And this stay was by far the best one. We got there a little early and checked in and our room was ready. The rooms are not that big and yes the hotel is a bit dated but for the price it's pretty good. We got the Haunted Dreams package and went to our pre scare dinner. This was the best food we have ever had at the hotel. Like I said before, we have stayed here many different times for the haunt and I can tell the difference from past years. The food was fresh, the employes were helpful and very friendly. After we had our dinner we went to the haunt....what a great night! Breakfast buffet the next morning (included in haunt package) was really good. We were very surprised with this visit on how much things have changed. Looking forward to next year already!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!