“Great value you can count on in the Santa Ynez Valley” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Buellton
Buellton, California
“Great value you can count on in the Santa Ynez Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

I have been visiting and staying in the Santa Ynez Valley for extended periods of time over the last ten years. Whenever I return to the area I can always count on a friendly and helpful staff at a good value hotel (DAYS INN Buellton/Solvang). Its good to return to a place where the ownership is consistent as is the service.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

I have been visiting this beautiful town for almost past 6 years and leisure. Good place to relax and enjoy your time off from work. I have been staying at this place every single time i went because of the value it offer for the price. Anyways, i decided to change a little this time so searched for various places and saw all these reviews and was shocked with the comments. It's a good place to stay in for the price, location and amenties offered. Can't expect a five start place for the 3 star price. Iw ould highly recommend this place if you are out for weekend and want to go around town.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

Had we not gone searching for the rat we heard, we would have never found the used condom...it went downhill from there.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Lodi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

I travel a lot, so I expect good customer service, as is always needed and welcomed. I had to check in late to this establishment (dive) and called ahead of time to confirm late check-in. Not only could they not find my Expedia confirmation (already booked and I gave information on), but I stressed the late check-in and they said no problem, that'd make a note, or so I thought. They said it's a 24 hour check-in. When I arrived to check-in, the clerk was half asleep, had no eye contact, smile or hello. She was acting like I was putting her out. She said she had one other couple that checked in late, but there were no other notes, basically making me sound like a liar. She kept saying she had already done her evening reports, and I was completely putting her out. She was extremely rude and never apologized or even looked me in the face. I then asked for two queens instead of a king and again she no, said she'd already ran her reports. This doesn't even touch on how horrible she was! Don't waste your time on this place. Spend the extra ten to twenty bucks and stay across the street at the Andersons Split Pea Soup hotel. They are AWESOME!!!!! Plus motel at a weird smell to it.............I thought for sure cochroaches might climb out at any time or fleas...........

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

We only booked the Days Inn - Buellton because of the connection to the movie 'Sideways' so we weren't looking for the best quality or value hotel room in town.

When originally reserving a room we went with the cheapest available, a queen. There was a requests box online and I wrote that we would love to get the 'Sideways' room only realising afterwards that it was the more expensive twin. On check in we were thrilled to be given the room and at no extra cost.

Generally the room was simple, good value and well located for Pea Soup Andersen's Restaurant, Solvang and the entire Santa Ynez wine region. Coupled with the 'Sideways' factor we were able to fairly easily put the pubic hair in the bed and blocked toilet down to misfortune.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Salinas, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

On the outside the Days Inn in Buellton Calif is quite lovely, but after staying there one night we could not wait to leave this hotel. Our room was quite dirty, bathroom sink was stained and the odor of our room was musty. They desperately need to remodel this place. As far as the continental breakfast, we could not drink the coffee, (nasty) and the pastries were stale. We thought being so close to Sulvang, (the pastry spot) the pastries would be wonderful but failed miserably. We won't be staying here ever again!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

You can find better but if you love the film Sideways then you have to stay here. Close to AJ Spurs and The Hitching Post for excellent food and Andersons opposite for their famous pea soup. A sports bar is nearby for a late drink of a garage for fuel and supplies. Also just 5 mins drive from the beautiful Solvang. Just felt it needed a revamp in all departments, oh and out toilet was a problem and liked to overflow. Gave breakfast a miss, used Solvang where we were in Omlette heaven.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Solvang / Buellton? Share your experiences!