“Nightmare Customer Service and Motel, From Avid Traveler” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Solvang / Buellton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   114 E. Hwy 246, Buellton, CA 93427   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Buellton
Lodi
“Nightmare Customer Service and Motel, From Avid Traveler”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

I travel a lot, so I expect good customer service, as is always needed and welcomed. I had to check in late to this establishment (dive) and called ahead of time to confirm late check-in. Not only could they not find my Expedia confirmation (already booked and I gave information on), but I stressed the late check-in and they said no problem, that'd make a note, or so I thought. They said it's a 24 hour check-in. When I arrived to check-in, the clerk was half asleep, had no eye contact, smile or hello. She was acting like I was putting her out. She said she had one other couple that checked in late, but there were no other notes, basically making me sound like a liar. She kept saying she had already done her evening reports, and I was completely putting her out. She was extremely rude and never apologized or even looked me in the face. I then asked for two queens instead of a king and again she no, said she'd already ran her reports. This doesn't even touch on how horrible she was! Don't waste your time on this place. Spend the extra ten to twenty bucks and stay across the street at the Andersons Split Pea Soup hotel. They are AWESOME!!!!! Plus motel at a weird smell to it.............I thought for sure cochroaches might climb out at any time or fleas...........

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

We only booked the Days Inn - Buellton because of the connection to the movie 'Sideways' so we weren't looking for the best quality or value hotel room in town.

When originally reserving a room we went with the cheapest available, a queen. There was a requests box online and I wrote that we would love to get the 'Sideways' room only realising afterwards that it was the more expensive twin. On check in we were thrilled to be given the room and at no extra cost.

Generally the room was simple, good value and well located for Pea Soup Andersen's Restaurant, Solvang and the entire Santa Ynez wine region. Coupled with the 'Sideways' factor we were able to fairly easily put the pubic hair in the bed and blocked toilet down to misfortune.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Salinas, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

On the outside the Days Inn in Buellton Calif is quite lovely, but after staying there one night we could not wait to leave this hotel. Our room was quite dirty, bathroom sink was stained and the odor of our room was musty. They desperately need to remodel this place. As far as the continental breakfast, we could not drink the coffee, (nasty) and the pastries were stale. We thought being so close to Sulvang, (the pastry spot) the pastries would be wonderful but failed miserably. We won't be staying here ever again!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

You can find better but if you love the film Sideways then you have to stay here. Close to AJ Spurs and The Hitching Post for excellent food and Andersons opposite for their famous pea soup. A sports bar is nearby for a late drink of a garage for fuel and supplies. Also just 5 mins drive from the beautiful Solvang. Just felt it needed a revamp in all departments, oh and out toilet was a problem and liked to overflow. Gave breakfast a miss, used Solvang where we were in Omlette heaven.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Our group of 8 golfers come to the Buellton/Solvang about every other year for three days of golf, wine tasting and dining. We have stayed at the Days Inn each time and find the location perfect, the rooms large and quiet, the prices reasonable and the staff helpful.
I read recent reviews and was somewhat concerned that perhaps our group would no longer be satisfied with the Days Inn. We were very pleased to see that the rooms had been carpeted recently and the beds appeared to be new. They were firm and comfortable and several of the guys commented that they had slept as soundly as at home. The rooms and bathrooms were spotless.
Glad to see they have made the effort to update their facilities.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
South Wales
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I booked a night at this hotel online. When I arrived my booking had been lost and it took over an hour of phone calls from the stressed receptionist before I was finally allowed to go to a room.
The room was dark and dingy and the soundproofing was non existent, luckily I had no guests either side of me, but I could hear every footstep of people walking by the window and the noise of people in the room ACROSS the balcomy..
The wireless internet was off more than it was on.
Now the breakfast - or lack of it.
By the time I came down, well before the advertise 9am close. EVERYTHING had gone except cereal and waffles. The single toaster was not working, which ruled out toast. The line at the waffle machine was enormous, which ruled out waffles. I ended up with a bowl of cereal for my FREE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. I asked the woman if they had anything else to eat, and her reply was "It's all gone" before walking away.
I got a 15% reduction off my bill due to the hour wait at reception.
This has the potential to be a nice little hotel, but it looks like the owners have let it turn into a run of the mill, cheap flop house.
Book elsewhere.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

I stayed here for 1 night with a college group, and 1 night was more than enough. Firstly, it was so poorly signed that we drove right past it! Access to the rooms were difficult as there are only two staircases which are poorly located. The room's view was non-existent- just a wall from the balcony- shocking. The beds were OK, but everything else was either outdated or just non-functional. The shower had no power and was tricky to work. All in all, a shoddy establishment. The pool was dirty.

A good point? Nothing comes to mind.

• Stayed March 2010

Been to Days Inn Solvang / Buellton? Share your experiences!