“Old but very clean!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Lane Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Buellton
Country Lane Motel
You added Country Lane Motel to your Saves list
412 Ave of the Flags, Buellton, CA 93427   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Buellton
Fremont
“Old but very clean!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was ready for the worse. It was a miracle they had vacancy. Maybe due to the bad reviews, but it was to my advantage because I had a room. I was greeted by a very pleasant person at the front desk, so it calmed my nerves about the motel. I was pleasantly surprised on how clean everything was. The place is obviously old, but the room was very very clean.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Newport Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

First of all, some of these Reviewers are simply watching too many horror-flicks. There are several (other) Buellton Motels down the road which would more appropriately qualify, for a 'scarey movie' by their deserted appearance. I recently discovered the 'Country Lane' which IS after all, set way out in the country in ranchland - not the middle of some swanky city. I was instantly greeted w/ country-style hospitality by the (new) Owners of this privately run Motel. The rooms were acceptable given the locale and age of the building; they were clean, the beds comfortable & the housekeeping meticulous. Since I stayed a string of days while visiting town, the Owner graciously extended me a nightly discount on my rate - which I greatly appreciated. I observed no "illegal activity" during the stretch I was there; this can be a problem at any remote location however. For a Budget-style Inn way out in the middle of nowhere, these whiners need to shut up and go home - the place simply wasn't 'that' bad.

Room Tip: I would try to stay withing Rm. #'s 1 - 10 if possible. The rear section of the Building is in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rome, Italy
1,152 helpful votes 1,152 helpful votes
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

On our way back from Los Angeles we went to Solvang but there were no vacancies so we decided to spend one night in this motel in Buellton. the motel was scary enough, it could be the perfect location for a scary movie !! the first room we had, smelled of petrol so we asked for another room. the second one didn't smell but in any case it was not so nice !! there were a strange iron chain on the ceiling, wire everywhere and an old heating system. bathroom was really small and in not very good condition and the tile floor was cracked. Bed was comfortable and clean but furnishing were old and depressing. Considering the "quality" of the room the price was quite high (71$ for a queen bed). So if you're travelling in this area I suggest to book a room in advance and to go in another motel !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

On our way back to LAX, and didn't have any reservations at any motels in the area. Checked out most of them to see if there were any vacancies, even all the way down(20miles) to Lompoc (not recommended, toooo far away and boring)...Ate at the Pea soup place, and saw this little motel. At this point, we didn't care what it looked like, so at the price that he gave us, it was a deal. The place is a "goldmine" if they would update some things and repairs, but like I said, "it is what it is" and a place to stay. Bed was comfortable and clean, bathroom needs some updating, but it served the purpose....

Room Tip: Right behind the Anderson's Pea Soup place, looks run down and needs updating, because it does...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Newbury Park, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My wife and I were traveling on President's Day weekend and had no hotel reservations. As nighttime crept upon us, we desperately tried to find a place to stay. Everywhere, and I mean everywhere, was booked! There were no vacancies anywhere. After about an hour and a half of checking every hotel/motel in sight, we happened upon the Country Lane. It was both a blessing and a curse. There was indeed a vacancy, which we snatched up in a second, but we had no idea what we were in for. We were given room #1, reminiscent of the Bates motel, and proceeded to take our bags into the room. The room was scary! The bathroom, in particular, was disgusting. It looked like it was built in the '50's or '60's and had not been updated since. The white tile floor was cracked all over the place, and when you stepped on it, you coud feel it squish beneath you. God knows what was living under the tile. The furniture in the room was out of the 1970's and had not aged well. The chairs were all scuffed up, the lamp shades were cracked, and the table base was scratched and discolored. The only thing the room had going for it, is we did not see any bugs crawling around. Not saying there're were not any, we just didn't see them. However, the ancient baseboard heater did work well and kept us wam. This was the worst motel I have ever stayed at, and if we were not desperate, we would have walked out as oon as we walked in. So unless you are desperate, avoid ths motel at ll costs!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wien
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

we did a west coast trip and had to find a night stop somewhere halfway between San Francisco & L.A.. First we wanted to stop in Santa Barbara, but our Lonely Planet guide advised to stay somewhere before or after it, because rooms in SB are fairly expensive. It was already 8.30pm, we just got off the 101 at Buellton & first stopped at the Marriott - $ 200 for a night! That was too much. So we decided to stop at one of the many Motels lining up after the 101 exit and took the first one for $ 52 (the next one would have been called 'Sleepy hollow'). The Country Lane Motel was scary enough. Maybe it appeared even worse to us as it was already night.
Anyway the room was ok - bed was comfortable, the bedsheets were clean, TV & heater were working (we didn't try the A/C). BUT the bathroom was not acceptable - there was mold EVERYWHERE. I don't know if it was only in our room and they had a broken water pipe some time, but it was bad in any case.
Besides that, our room neighbor next door had rubber boots standing outside & his door a little bit open - it was like in a scary movie. During the night we figured out that there must be some drug deals going on. We regularly heard the door, steps & cars locking with a honk.
It was not a very relaxing night as we were almost part of a real scary movie, never knowing when the mass murder in rubber boots would step in.. But it was definitely an adventure. Next time i'd probably pick the Marriott - pay more but feel safe ;-)

Room Tip: Only for adventurous travellers!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Callifornia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Stayed here on a night in July 2009. Checked in at 10p. Had to leave at 2AM due to the continuous noise and foot traffic going in and out of the room next door. That room was behind the motel and, according to the manager, was regularly occupied by the same person(s). They had to be dealing in either drugs or prostitution due to the continuous foot traffic in and out of the room. I left at 2AM and had to stay at a rest stop on highway 101 as everything else was closed down for the night. Called the manager of the motel the next day demanding a refund. They refused. Stay away from this hellhole.

Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Been to Country Lane Motel? Share your experiences!