“Where is the manager in duty?” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Buellton
“Where is the manager in duty?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

First of all, what hotel does not have a manager on duty for the whole weekend during the Taste of Solvang? Heaven forbid there was a real problem-- there would only be the desk person in charge who will tell you to call her boss late at night. Don't get me wrong she was professional and kind to the extent of the situation. For that I gave you a 3 star.
So I will admit that I signed off on the quickly ran through pet policy of which until the incident I didn't get a copy of it. And I will admit that we left our pet unattended for less than 20 minutes when we ran to the store to get medicine and water. And the timeline of events provided by the front desk woman really didn't add up, but it's okay, Quality Inn, you can have my $125 even though I responded immediately to your call. I only heard it ring once but no voicemail and no message on the room phone. Oh and PS-our dog only barks when antagonized. But I guess Quality Inn knows my dog better than I do, and she must have caused quite a ruckus. I warn other pet owners, I kind of feel like I was set up for failure--put in a room in the middle of the hall right next to the front desk where they are able to watch our comings and goings. Like although the hotel collects a $25 fee, typical--I hope Quality Inn at least gave that $100 to the supposed guests who were inconvenienced, or at least will spend it on renovating their less than up to date.
Oh and if management would like to get back to me, I left a few voicemails. Thank you!

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

As many reviewers have pointed out, this hotel is right next to the 101 freeway. However it's no big problem, you can hear the traffic but what's wrong with that. The road isn't too busy anyway. Being next to the freeway is convenient for touring. The hotel is a bit dated but good value. Nice and safe. Great free breakfast. Free Wi-Fi. A good choice of TV channels. Good mattress.

thousand oaks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, helpful front desk and very tasty breakfast-- the bacon was so yummy!! The only issue was the kids above us were jumping around and it was loud... The front desk took care of it quickly. Great value plus the grapeline wine tour picks up right out front.

Altadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

For the price on a busy weekend it was at deal. The room smelled of bleach and it was spotless. We left the window open to air it out and it cleared the smell out. The front desk was very nice and attended to my needs even though it was one of their busiest weekend. This is a Quality Inn and for the price it was right, I would stay here again and save myself money. It is way better then a Motel 6, if you are looking for a nice hotel where you do more then just sleep and shower this is not it. This is just your basic hotel right next to the freeway.

Room Tip: Good cheap hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgan Hill, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We arrived one day earlier than expected on our visit to Solvang... All the local hotels were booked for the night and we couldn't find a place to stay anywhere. Finally found the Quality Inn and they had couple of rooms left. This was more a like Motel 6 for a Best Western price. Bed was horrible room was clean but just felt dirty. Our room was on the first floor you enter from an outside door that makes you feel like you are walking into a dungeon. If it wasn't for the fact that every other place was "No Vacany" we would have avoided this place.

Room Tip: If you must stay here don't stay on the first floor Dungeon.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Newhall, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at many a hotel.This one is the worst ever. Why?. Because my room number was 301...the last room away from the front desk and closest to the freeway,the handicap ramp,the ice machine and the rear door.Every passing car was bad , but every "Big RIG" 18 wheeler sounded like it was coming through my room not on the freeway.The room literally shook on every passing truck.Every person getting ice I could hear the niose the machine made and my window was closed. Plus the old fashion window heating /air unit made so much noise you wondered which sound was going to keep you up all night from the freeway noise or ice machine to the heater....Its a very old hotel and the rooms had that view from the moment you stepped inside. The wash sink is outside of the restroom area.The blankets and pillows and matresses were as old as the decor.
My $79.00 stay should of been....I will pay you $79.00 to stay here.I am surprised that the parking lot was as full as it was. But maybe because it was the only hotel on that street that said vacancy.The front desk guy.Even though he smiled didn't even ask how our stay was. He was to busy getting back to whomever he was texting. Never again.

Last note: Choices The Hotel Chain was offering stay two nights and get the third night for free promotion to lure new customers. So I thought I would try the chain...Sorry Hilton and Marriott for straying away from your respectful hotel chain.

Room Tip: Not sure if any room would be better at this location. You are right next to the freeway...so close...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Long Beach, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were a group of five and rented three rooms the last weekend of October. We spent the day visiting wineries in the area. Check-in is not until 4 pm so we had plenty of time. The hotel is at the end of the town, next to the freeway. They have incredible soundproofing because you really could not hear the traffic noise when inside. Outside, it was pretty loud. They have updated the main level. We stayed on the first floor which had not had new carpet in the hall for quite some time. The room was ok. The furniture was totally oversized for the small space, however. The bed was pretty off putting when you first saw it as it was very lumpy looking. I immediately lifted the comforter to see what was going on. Apparently, the comforter inside the duvet was not well made and made the bed look like somthing was hiding in there. Fortunately, there was not. The morning breakfast was as expected and the staff was very friendly and super helpful. The only bad thing was the person across the hall had two (not one, but two) Chihuahuas!! And they barked constantly. There owner was constantly telling them not to do their business on the furniture. This could be heard very clearly thru the closed door. The front entrance is at the top of several stairs. So rather than bring your luggage up the stairs to the elevator and then back down, we were sent around the side of the building thur a couple of doors. I was amazed that you did not need your key card to enter. There is a hedge between it and the street and it is a more residential area but, there is nothing to keep people out who shouldn't be there. Overall, it was an interesting overnight stay.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor rooms if you don't like to share with pets. The windows are below grade so you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Buellton? Share your experiences!