“Quality and charm” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hitching Post II is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Buellton
Cross street: Thumbelina
Los Angeles, California
“Quality and charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This restaurant had terrific food and lots of it. It was a value for the price. Their own label wines were great. I drank the Hi Liner pinot Noir, a generous pour for a good price. We were in a large group and the service was attentive. Everyone enjoyed their experience.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Have to visit if a fan of the Sideways movie.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Ok, so regardless of what you read on my review or anyone's reviews, you have to visit this restauarant if your a fan of the movie "Sideways". It was neat to be there and it looks just like it did in the movie. However, if it wasn't for the movie, I would not recommend it. The food was average and be aware, you better have reservations or your not getting seated. Fortunately, I had reservations, just arrived early and figured I sit at the bar...right...there is a seperate list to sit at the bar. The place was packed and there was no where to even stand. Everyone was fighting over spots to sit and stand. It was chaotic! Worst of all...they took the Ostrich steak which is lean and locally grown off the menu....really?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“It's just like you imagine it will be.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I feel like most times I visit a place featured in a movie I feel like it's totally different, but somehow the Hitching Post is exactly as you would imagine it from Sideways. I wish we had stayed for dinner, but we just stopped for a wine tasting. Sit at the bar and have the tasting. Just a great way to spend the evening.

Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Love the food, the environment and staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We just went to the Hitching Post II yesterday for the first time and I fell in love with the place! We had just watched Sideways and decided to make a quick trip to Solvang/Buellton/Los Olivos to do a little wine tasting and eat at Hitching Post. I was not disappointed at all by what the Hitching Post delivered! I ordered the 5 oz Filet Mignon and it was perfectly cooked, deliciously tender and perfectly seasoned. The staff there at the bar are amazing! We didn't have reservations, so we were told it was going to be a 1.5 hour wait?! that's how busy this place is! Luckily for us, we were able to grab two seats at the bar and when I asked if we could order food at the bar, he was so nice and said Absolutely!! No wait and drinks and food right at the bar! Bart (I believe was his name) was so attentive to us even though he had a bar full of patrons waiting for drinks and he was serving both food and drinks to us! He was so friendly and fast! You have to stop by here if you are in the area. A fun environment that feels like you are going back in time a little and of course, bringing back fun memories of the movie, Sideways.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“A fun spot for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We chose a visit here for dinner during our visit to the wine country, as I am a big fan of the Sideways movie. It was great fun to sit at the bar and see the photos on the wall from the filming that happened here. Drinks were reasonably priced with good options for Pino.
We made a dinner reservation and this was a good decision since the place was full. We sat in the dining room that has a view with a large glass window to watch the chef as they BBQ all the meat on the menu. It was obvious that this place is a favorite of both locals and tourists. A mixed bag of young and old, families and couples. Very casual atmosphere, nothing fancy here. Service was excellent. They give you quite a bit for your money with soup or salad, crackers and cold veggie plate, garlic bread, plus a potato or rice. They offer fish as well as chicken for those who opt out of beef. We both had steak and it was prepared just right. It was not the most excellent steak ever, but still quite good. We enjoyed the experience and would go back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere