“Great experience but a tweak needed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 Shoreline Court, Brisbane, CA 94005   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brisbane
Glendale, California
“Great experience but a tweak needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Staff and accommodations were very professional and pleasant. Only negative was a somewhat inattentive housekeeping experience. Some of the elements of daily room cleaning was overlooked. I would expect that it was probably a chance occurrence and I would stay here again as all the other aspects of the stay were top notch.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Jonathan P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Good Afternoon ChrisH59,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I'll check on the housekeeping tweak to ensure our cleanliness and your satisfaction. Please let us know when you travels bring you back to San Francisco.

Warmest Regards,
Jonathan Powers, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Yeah, you read correctly. STOLE. It's not that big a deal, monetarily speaking, but it is a HUGE deal when being able to trust a property. I left my Jawbone UP bracelet on the vanity in my bathroom. Half an hour after departing, quite literally, 32 minutes, I called the front desk and told them. By this time, I was across the Bay Bridge, and there was no going back if I was to make my flight. The front desk person said "I will check with Housekeeping and ask them to look, and I will call you right back." After 45 minutes, I called her to ask if the bracelet had been found. "No. I asked them to look on the vanity, on the bed, under the bed, and they said nothing was found." So, that leaves me with two conclusions: 1) They don't care about their customers and no one bothered looking and just said that they couldn't find it, only to be thrown in the trash when the room is cleaned, or 2) THEY TOOK IT. Either scenario is utterly unacceptable, particularly for a hotel wearing the Hilton badge.

"Maybe you left it in your bag?" you may ask. No. I embarrassingly emptied the ENTIRE contents of my bag, boxers and all, on the floor of the airport (I was in an unpopulated corner - give me a little credit).

I was prepared to give a 2-3 star review anyway, but the theft of personal property is utterly unacceptable and merits the lowest score possible. Why 2-3 stars? The walls and ceiling/floors are incredibly thin. I could hear what sounded like people moving furniture or cross fit training in the room above me, conversations from the rooms on both sides. And it was quite noticeable, mind you. The breakfast is nothing special. Typical for a Homewood. The bed was comfy and actually had both soft and firm pillows, a particularly nice touch. The blanket was in pretty rough shape though. I have beach blankets that haven't seen this much mileage.

So, it's a fair property, but the fact that someone from housekeeping STOLE my bracelet is utterly unforgivable. I will not stay at this property ever again, if I have any say in the matter, and I recommend that until the hotel gets an honest housekeeping staff, no one else do.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jonathan P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Greetings DClaghorn
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. I’m sorry that your Jaw Bone is missing. Unfortunately, the policy of all hotels is that they are not responsible for guest items left in the room or in public spaces. However, we will continue to look for your item and if it turns up we will certainly contact you right away. I understand that you frustrated by your missing item but I would like for you to give us another chance to make it right. Please contact me personally as I would love to make your next stay perfect and very special.
All my best,
Jonathan Powers,GM
Clovis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Everyone was extremely nice. It was my husband's birthday and they made us feel extra special. Room was clean and comfortable. We reserved 2 rooms and they worked with us on rearranging our reservation that would fit our group better. Definitely would stay again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Good Afternoon Tina D,

Thank you so much for the “Great Experience” review for the Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North. Wow 5 Star review, the entire team is thrilled. I’m so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and the room worked out for your group and we were able to shuffle things around. Please contact me next time you’re coming back to the Bay Area as I would love to make sure you get the perfect room for your family and to ensure your stay will be very special.

Warmest Regards,
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and had 2 bedroom suite. This hotel didn't feel right - it is obvious that it's old, aged and worn-out hotel. It is pretty clean though - as clean as they can make an old, worn-out hotel. That is the only reason I gave this hotel 3 stars. The reason we bought it, is because for the 2 bedroom suite we paid the same price as the downtown hotel(s) would charge us for a standard hotel room, but this deal had also a free parking, free WIFI and free breakfasts and dinners (Mon to Thur). Was it worth it to stay at this old, weird hotel in order to get some freebies? I don't think so and the next time we definitely won't stay there. The rooms felt just wrong and old. The sofa in the 'living room' was disgusting - stained and old. The bathroom was scary. The mattress was sort of comfortable....but also obvious that it was old. The breakfast was just bad - there was no excitement in that plain food. There was lots of noise in the room from outside, as it is an airport hotel. Prepare yourself for the planes to fly right above your head until about midnight and than approximately from 5 am all over again - one plane after another. I had a pillow covering my ears and it didn't even help as the planes fly really low, so they are very loud. And the price....is it even possible that this unfortunate hotel can cost that much??? It's unreal. I heard that our friend got this hotel (about a week before we came) on some betting website for $40/night - and if that's true - that is exactly the price that this hotel is worth. Location - about 20 minutes drive to SF....well, it's an ugly location that is not worth the money we paid for this hotel and the drive. If this hotel would cost 1/4 of what it costs, maybe I could say that the location is appropriate and it is worth to drive for 20 minutes to SF. But what the hotel offered us for the money we paid, I can't find anything good to say. This hotel is so not worth the money and the 'freebies'. We won't be back for sure. I hope they will do some updates in this hotel soon.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of future travelers. I would like to apologize since you didn’t enjoy the location or condition of the hotel. I have to say that I’m a Iittle surprised that you didn’t find the location appealing since we are right on the bay in a particularly beautiful safe area, just minutes away from the downtown (8.3 miles to civic center.) I am pleased to inform you that we have a major renovation planned in the near future, so please give us another chance to serve you once that has been complete. Thank you again.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Brisbane, CA for 3 nights. It is a nice property, but it is an older construction. The rooms are small and cramped compare to some of the other Homewood properties. (We are a family of four.) The bathrooms are functional, but very ordinary. It is convenient location to get in to San Francisco and close to the airport. We did not get an opportunity to explore the gym and pool at the hotel. The staff are very polite and helpful.

Stayed August 2014
Brea, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We have visited the San Francisco area 4 times in the past 20 months and we have stayed at this Homewood Suites each time. The location is conveniently only 10-15 minutes from downtown SF. The hotel staff is very professsional, friendly and helpful, especially the Front Desk Staff. We will definitely stay here again when we visit in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

There are people saying that the location is the key for sightseeing, and this hotel is perfectly located. Close to the airport, you have free parking, and without traffic you're in 15-20 minutes everywhere in San Francisco for sightseeing. Rooms were proper, not too big but big enough for all you need. Kitchen well equipped.
Service staff was very friendly, overall really a great stay.
Breakfast is also solid quality and normal choice as expected in this kind of hotel (including eggs, bacon, etc).
Perfect with family: there are some restaurants just some minutes by car away, with quite good quality, including Chinese and local Seafood/Steak, so usually everybody in the family should be happy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!