“Always good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Oakley, California
“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have been here a number of times and I am never disappointed. They serve dinner late and their specialty sodas (cream soda, root beer and black cherry) are a nice change from the Coke and 7-up choices, and you get free refills. The pizza is very good and the pork chop dinner is one of my favorites.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Exquisite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Their great service starts as soon as you enter and you're greeted by the staff. The restaurant and bar area are clean and has a nice atmosphere. Now is also a great time to dine outside. The food not only has a wonderful presentation, but tastes really good. Excellent service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brentwood, California
“great lunches and deserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have eaten here many times, mostly lunches with friends or family. Place is noisy but clean and comfortable. I like to stop in after a movie and share a trio hot cookie and ice cream platter. Service has been good, mid range prices and food good.

Silicon Valley, CA
“Remarkable quality, service, and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

On a Tuesday evening the restaurant was 50% full and we got a table immediately. Service was good. I had the Nutty Brewnette beer which was very tasty once it had warmed [I find most beers in US served far to cold to appreciate it]. My wife had some fizzy pink lemonade stuff which she liked.

We had the Ahi Poke for appetizer and that was refreshing, well presented, and tasty. I then had the Moroccan Spiced Salmon. I thought the portion size was good, but it was small compared to what most people in the restaurant were eating. My salmon was cooked perfectly and the sauce and accompanying vegetables were great.

My wife had a full rack of pork ribs. Again, this was cooked well and her vegetables (fries and seasonable vegetables) were good.

I finished my entrée long before my wife. What spoiled the meal somewhat was the waiter cleared my plate and then offered me the desert menu while my wife was still half way through her entrée. I put the menu to one side and when he returned a few minutes later to ask me if I had decided about a desert, I told him I wouldn’t consider it until my wife had finished her course. Unperturbed, he asked a third time a few minutes later. In the end, my wife was full and I wanted no more so we had no desert, but I would have considered it greatly impolite to start on a desert whilst others at the table were eating their main course.

On balance, the meal was good value for money. The atmosphere is somewhat plain and it is very noisy. They would do well to put some sound insulation on the roof to dampen the sound. It’s not a place for a romantic evening!

Brentwood, California
“Great food for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food has been excellent every time I have eaten there. Great value for the money. Hostess at front desk did not appear to know what she was doing. Plenty of tables open, waited for 15 minutes.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere