“Good value, spacious rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Chase Suite Hotel Brea
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3100 E Imperial Hwy, Brea, CA 92821   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Brea
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good value, spacious rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stay here often. The main reason is it's close proximity to where I need to be when I'm in Brea on business. The added benefits are the spacious rooms with a kitchenette or a full kitchen in some rooms. It feels more like an apartment than a hotel. While the rooms are not what I would consider top notch, they are nice, comfortable, and did I mention spacious? Great rates also. Wifi is a little slow. The bathrooms could use some freshening up. The breakfast is much better than the offerings at most other mid-range hotels. Also have a happy hour in the evenings (during the week only) with beer and wine.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top (2nd) floor. There are no elevators here, but the 1st floor rooms may c...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ChaseSuiteHotel, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Brea, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you for your TripAdvisor Review, your comments are truly appreciated as they help us improve our services. Hope to see you very soon :-)

Karla Vargas

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ennis, Republic of Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Nice welcoming hotel- mainly for families. Nice ambiance- breakfasts are free but sparse and over-subscribed- recommend Millies Restaurant in Brea Mall if you get fed up (every pun intended!).
Rooms are open out access from outside via ground floor door or upstairs. Suites have 3 rooms (including bathroom)- really liked the rooms- every facility and you can order obligatory pizzas etc. from outside establishments.
Well-frequented but smallish pool ws well used by families.
Nice friendly staff- nice clientele also...mix of out-of-towners and US residents.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind comments! They are truly appreciated! See you soon!

Karla Vargas
ponca, nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

After much searching for a good suite, I thought I would try this hotel. We stayed here four nights. Honestly,the room was clean and the bed was comfy. This is what kept us there. The pool is smaller than the one in my yard and was GREEN and DIRTY like you would expect at a Super 8, but worse.. The hot tub was filthy and the water was so low that the pump was sucking air. The pool area was so FULL of people in such a small space that we couldn't even go swimming. The breakfast line was LONG and it closes at 9am. Honestly, that's way too early if you're on vacation and have a family to get up and ready. Also, the food was NEVER NOT ONE TIME full. We had to wait constantly for the cooks to fill it back up. Wouldn't you know after a few weeks of offering a breakfast how much you need to cook? It was unbvelievable and everybody I looked at had the same look on their face, like "who is managing this, and why is this happening?". Also there is NO FITNESS AREA- and these are apartment-like suites. You have to walk outside to get to breakfast, etc. You feel like a herd of cows going to breakfast every morning only to get LESS than you expect. Embassy Suites may be another $20 a night and honestly I have been kicking myself EVERY minute I think of why i tried saving a buck. I understand that with cheap hotels you get nothing in return, but for $114 a night, I expected much much more and we are DEEPLY DISSAPOINTED because our once a year Southern California vacation was ruined by ONE POOR CHOICE. I recommend anyone wanting to stay at this hotel to understand that you get a clean bed and room, but it stopped there for us. Forgot to mention the leaking airconditioner above the bathroom sink area that leaked nasty water on my head while shaving. I looked up and saw a lot of white nasty stuff where it was leaking and didn't say anything to my wife because I felt bad enough for what she had seen and didn't want to make it worse. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN. Lastly the service was weird. I had asked to check in early (11am) and it took 2 hours to get one suite ready and this was after I practically begged the lady to help us out. There were tons of people checked out and GONE by 10am yet they couldn't get us in a room? Housekeeping was out and cleaning at 9am everyday!! In 2009 we checked in at 6am at the Embassy in Anaheim, NO PROBLEM and they BENT OVER BACKWARDS to make it happen. Not here. The gal seriously told me she had other things to work on and that she would get to me when she could. It was embarrassing to customer service in the hotel business. Honestly just writing this makes it even worse and I feel bad for the hotel, but this is an honest review of our experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ChaseSuiteHotel, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Brea, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Chase Suite Hotel Brea on your recent visit.

I had a chance to read the review that you recently completed. I was concerned to hear about your experience with our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs, and I was disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

I wish we would have known at the time of your stay the problems you encountered, that way we would have had the opportunity to make them better. I apologize that for the duration of your stay we had 4 groups in-house and the hotel was quite busy. This is by all means NO EXCUSE to what you encountered while you stayed with us and I would love to attempt at making it better for you.

You made your reservation through Expedia, therefore I have no email address to contact you through. Please email me at kvargas@chasesuitehotels.com or call me at 714-579-3200 at your earliest convenience to try to resolve any dissatisfactions you had with our hotel. We are not in the business of dissatisfied guests and try to exceed our guests expectations, that is why when something like this happens we take it very seriously.

I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about them. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. I look forward to your email or phone call.

Karla Vargas-Flores
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I travel quite a bit and this hotel is a gem. The staff was responsive. The beds and bedding are soothing. The decorating is updated. The breakfast and breakfast staff was great.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words, they are truly appreciated, without them we cannot continue to improve our services. Hope to see you in your next visit to the Brea area!
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We have stayed here twice and appreciate the large, spacious rooms and friendly staff. The breakfast was adequate and surprised to discover eggs and bacon. In this price range, we didn't expect to get rooms this large with such comfortable beds. This enterprise seems dedicated to listening to fellow travelers and is always trying to improve their already excellent service. I travel a lot and for the money, this place is great value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words, we do take under consideration every guests feedback and try to improve our services constantly. It's comments like yours that keep us on the right track. Thank you for your visit and hope to see you again very soon!
San Clemente, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I would never stay here again. When I checked in the clerk was irritated that I was so late (about 11pm) and there was no parking in the lot. He told me to park across the way in another business's lot. The room had a horrible smell and I had to leave the windows open all night even though I was on the ground floor and there was now no security. Bathroom was dirty.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, stay upstairs so you can leave the windows open and someone cannot just cr...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
ChaseSuiteHotel, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Brea, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
First and foremost, I want to start thank you for your comments as without them we cannot improve. I want to apologize for the issues you encountered while you stayed at our hotel. I understand that this does not change the experience but I do want to assure you we are doing something about it. I wish we would have been notified at the time of your stay so we would have had the opportunity to make your stay more comfortable. Please feel free to contact me directly at kvargas@chasesuitehotels.com in regards to your stay because I would love to try and make it better.

Thank you!!!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights. The property was a steal for the price. We had a large group in town for a basketball tournament. The rooms were more than we expected. Our teams had kids 6'5" and taller, and they slept comfortably on the big beds. Because we had an extended stay, having a full kitchen was a great feature in a addition to the free breakfast. The rooms were spacious, the beds were very comfortable, and the rooms smelled clean and fresh. We travel every year for this basketball tournament, and will certainly stay again. Best kept secret just outside of Anaheim.

Room Tip: Team, Group, and Family friendly.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words, we truly appreciate it and can't wait to have you back next year!!

Been to Chase Suite Hotel Brea? Share your experiences!