“Great place to camp and balance your soul energy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Oaks at Sacred Rocks RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boulevard
The Oaks at Sacred Rocks RV Park
You added The Oaks at Sacred Rocks RV Park to your Saves list
1331 Shasta Way, Boulevard, CA 91905   |
Seattle, Washington
“Great place to camp and balance your soul energy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

What else can I say, it's a nice place to get away from the city, about an hour and twenty minute drive from downtown San Diego.

I camped here the other night and fell asleep to the sound of coyotes in the distance. I woke the next morning and did the labyrinth walk before leaving.

The day I arrived I set my tent and had a nice nap with a mountain breeze blowing, woke up and hit a trail that encircled the campground.

From the start, the service was friendly and very accommodating. I can't believe anyone would have a bad experience here.

I will surely camp here again, and I highly recommend it if you are looking to camp outside of San Diego.

• Stayed March 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Coxs Creek, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

The pool and spa were very clean. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. The spaces were large and shaded. had a very pleasant stay,was quiet and very peacfull. A good place to relax and get away from it all.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Brownwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We love RV-ing. So on this trip we were on our way to Seattle, Washington from Texas. As you may know we had many stops at several RV Parks and ran into a couple who recommended Sacred Rocks Reserves RV Park. They had stayed as long term campers. We meet the couple at a restaurant in Arizona and gradually had a conversation about places to stay. So with a change in our plans, we decided after a lengthy conversation with the couple and viewing the website of Sacred Rocks Reserve, decided to make reservations. We were greeted by the owner Demetri and some of the work campers Dave and Anthony who were very helpful in getting us aquainted with the rules, regulations and policies of the park. The staff showed us to our space and even helped us park our rig, as well as assist in getting set up for the night. We were very surprised that even the neighbors were respectful of the rules as well. Some parks we stayed in were not as "RULE FRIENDLY" and had "NO RESPECT" we found some did not enforce the rules. This park on the other hand, has a work campers security to make sure the other campers follow the rules or never come back!!!! And to us as an aging couple was very important. We were able to enjoy the clean swimming pool, walks in the parks with very nice large shaded oak trees, beautiful nights with the stars and campfire we truly enjoyed our stay. This park has a laundry room, store for items you may need like ice, ice cream, coffee, movies, and a few novelties. They have a club house, showers, restrooms, a bunk house, tent sites, and RV's to rent out for additional family or friends. We really enjoyed our stay and will be back for an extended visit with family or friends tagging along as well. We want to Thank Your staff for making us feel right at home. = )

Room Tip: The spaces for our RV was very accomidating. Very nice park.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Yuma, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

We live in Yuma and try to cool down from time to time in the summer by taking short trips. Most of the time we go to northern AZ or NM. We were going to stay a week and travel on to San Diego for another week. When we got there it was real warm and thought the pool would feel real good at the end of a day of traveling. I had noticed a lot of people at the pool but did not think to much about it. After getting set up and having dinner, the wife and I wanted to go for a swim. When we got to the pool I could not believe the color of the water. You could not even see the bottom! There was garbage every where. Needless to say we did not go into the water. When I told the owner he said it would clear up soon and it OK to swim. The next day I went to the pool mid day to have a look. I think every one from the nearby reservation was in the pool and spa. The kids were even eating in the pool. I guess they charge $5 per person to anyone out of the park. There must have been 25 little kids in the water. Did not know this before we checked in. We left early!! Will never go back!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Corona, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

This past weekend was the worst camping trip I have even been on, including ones that had trips to the ER. My parents and I took my children and my sisters children here for the weekend. Before we ever arrived the campground had changed our spots three times, because someone kept messing up the reservation. We arrived on Thursday and found out on Friday that they had a very bad yellowjacket problem. So bad that we couldn't take the kids swimming becasue my husband was bitten in the pool. About 7pm on Friday night (after we had been there for over 24 hours) the summer regular that was next to my parents told the office they were crooked in the sight and a foot into his site. At dusk managment expected us to pack up and move sights. Keep in mind we had four children under the age of 5, and the baby was already in bed asleep. When we refused to move right then, and said we would just leave in the morning the owner called the police to have us removed. The owner and his staff were very rude, and since we were willing to leave the next morning (2 days before our reservation was up) there was no need to expose 4 children to police. In the end the owners wife send the cops away and said we could stay through the night. Worst customer service I have ever seen in my entire life!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Imperial Valley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

We visited friends in the summer of 2009 and it was fun. BUT!!!
We were going to stay again this summer but for a month this time and when we called were told the rates had gone from $490 a month to $675. An almost $200 increase from last year? I couldn't believe it, Do these owners stay on top of the news? The economy is in a pitfall and people are loosing their jobs and homes right and left. And to top it off this is a rustic not upgraded rv camp yet they are charging you almost the same price as many many RV parks in San Diego.
The roads in the rv camp are unpaved and the sites rather primitive (all dirt sites)
And even though I had fun with my friends one huge draw back was the pool, they allow outsiders to come in and swim. In fact it was so populated with outsiders on the weekend I was there and so noisy we never got to enjoy the pool. A big disappointment since it was over 100 degrees that day. I couldn't figure out or my friends who stay there why the owners do not consider the paying guests as more valuable that outsiders who they charge $5 each and who cause the pool to look murky. Yikes to scary to even swim or step into the hot tub. My friends who stay there say they have given up on even using the pool as the outsiders have taken it over. The reason my friends like the rv park is they have off road vehicles they ride in the area and in the park so they over look many of the draw backs of Sacred Rocks but are not happy with many things the owners do. But I just wanted to go up and enjoy my friends company but I am from Imperial Valley and Boulevard can get up to 105 degrees I decided I am going on in to San Diego for about $730 (only $55 more that Sacred Rocks) and have cool weather, paved roads, be near the beach and no outsiders in the pool! I am Sad about the increase in the monthly and daily rates but figure my friends can come into San Diego this summer to visit me.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Eastern Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

We have never stayed at a park where the staff is as friendly and helpful. Sharon and Dimitri are working hard to upgrade this park. It has just won the 'Most Earth Friendly Park in America' award from Plan-It Green. It is a short drive from Highway 8, but go slow on the entry road, the big rain storm took it's toll and they have lots of work to do. There are 8 ft. wide trails cleared on the 163 acres. There are a few rental cottages. The park is a forest of oak trees, lots of shade. There is a tenting area cleared. We loved the huge rocks, the labrynth, the wide spaces and picnic tables, the trails, the quiet, and if it were summer I am sure we would have enjoyed the pool and spa. Mostly we enjoyed the cool nights, sunny days, and QUIET. The wild turkeys trotting through each evening were icing on the cake.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Oaks at Sacred Rocks RV Park? Share your experiences!