“Most disgusting and over price place that I have ever been to.” 1 of 5 stars

Live Oak Springs Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   37820 Old Highway 80, Boulevard, CA 91905   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boulevard
San Diego, California
“Most disgusting and over price place that I have ever been to.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I spent my first New Years Eve here with my new girlfriend. The place was disgusting, dirty bed linens, stains all over the carpet, shower was either scalding hot or freezing. There was mice running all over the cabin leaving their droppings all over the floor and on the table in the room and who knows where they they were urinating. My girlfriend did not sleep all night. There was a pair of a previous guests underwear under the table in the room also. The owner told me that he checked the room personally and found nothing wrong. He also said that they do not have any mice on their property. I should of taken pictures to prove the conditions.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010 via mobile

Bottom line, nice staff, clean room, NO BEDBUGS (first thing I checked). Restaurant has nice food, huge portions, great value! Jacuzzi was Rad, I'm a happy camper. So are my dogs, Dodgeball and Lolita.

• Stayed December 2010
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010 via mobile

I stayed at Live Oak Springs Resort in Novemberr 2010. I must say I had a blast with my husband. We needed a weekend away from our kids, and we got it!
we stayed 2 nights, in a jacuzzi cabin, with a cozy fire place, and the water for the jacuzzi was nice and hot.
(It was cold out).
the heater in the room didn't work, but with the fireplace riight next to the bed, it really wasn't needed. Our cabin got warm quick.
after reading other reviews, I decided to bring a blanket or two of my own just in case, and I did use one on top of the bed, but that's only cause I like being snuggled:)
it really want needed tho.
the bed sheets were very clean, and smelled clean like they had just been washed.
Is the cabin old? Yes, is it not the most beautifully decorated room in the world? No it not. Its a wooden cabin in the woods. That's it.
we enjoyed the private jacuzzi, and noah was very nice, and the food ( and the pizza!) Were very good. There is also a good restaurant up the road at the casino also. The room has a mini fridge, and a microwave, we chose to bring snacks, and waters etc. For our selves. I do recommend you bring an ice chest and some drinks, snacks ect, just so they are there and you don't have to buy it all the time. There is a store there, its eh. Not that great, but it works.
we brought champagne and bubble bath, our own wood for the fire place, a warm blanket and snacks,
and it was truely a fun time. If you are wanting to stay some where that is more" hotel" like then this isn't the place for you. But if you like the idea of a simple lil old cabin with a jacuzzi inside for NOTHING price wise, then I recommend you stay here. All in all it was fun.

• Stayed November 2010
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I made a reservation for my husband and I to celebrate our anniversary here...we were excited to go stay in a cabin atmosphere with a fireplace and a jacuzzi tub.

When we checked in the hostess was a young girl that cussed every other sentence while asking me to sign documents stating that we wouldn't break anything in the room. We got our cabin key for cabin 7 and as we got out of the car the first thing we saw was a mexican man leaving the cabin next door (#8) . A lady was running into the cabin yelling at him and into the cabin, asking "how many of you guys are in there?" She kept yelling this and them telling the men that gathered at the door of the cabin she was gonna need to know what cabins they had been in and what they had done in there...? Strange, but we continued on our way and went into our cabin.

As soon as the door was opened it smelled of mold/and dirty animal. The bed was WAY worn out and sagged badly in the middle. The floor was dirty and so was the jacuzzi tub. The bathroom sink was broken and so was the toilet tank lid (ironic since they made such a big deal about the charges if I broke something in the cabin!) . The window screens had holes and there was only lace curtains over the windows which would not provide much privacy. We looked upstairs and that bed was worse...Sagging and with a ripped up comforter on it! We pulled back the comforter and checked the sheets on both beds and they were DIRTY. They had not been washed and were VERY stained.

We were in the room for about 20 minutes before going back to the front desk to cancel our stay. We were not reimbursed the full amount we paid but they did say that IF they rented the room for a discounted rate they would reimburse me for whatever they could recoop from the rental.

Needless to say the room was not rented. When I called the next day to check the man that helped me on the phone stated that they did not rent our cabin and that they had other guests (in cabint # 8) that decided to leave as well....BIG SURPRISE.....

We ended up renting a cabin at the Laguna Mountain Lodge for the night. This was a much better choice providing us with the rustic atmosphere we were looking for and the CLEANLINESS we EXPECTED......I think this place has potential however there are no excuses for DIRTY LINENS, sagging mattresses, ripped comforters and window screens. Without renovations this place will never be the RESORT it claims to be. SAD....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

the only redeeming aspects of Live Oak Springs, through no intervention of the management, are their cypress trees and the absence of bedbugs. a nadir in the lowest of the low, the cabins' internal bricks are chiselled with the names of amorous couples who have rutted in your bed. grotesque.

BoulevardSharon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I am a Native San Diegan and I must say the customer service at Live Oak Resort
and Restaurant was fantastic!!! My daughter did some public speaking at my
Skin Care Class and we were escorted to a private room, the colonial decor
and childrens booth areas very accommodating and beautiful. The AC was welcoming
on a hot summer evening. The free Wifi was great for the drivers/men who watched the
football game and relaxed in the outside courtyard parking lot.
Our ladies night was a huge success, and I highly recommend Live Oak Springs
Resort for any future conferences you may have or business meetings.
The pizza was superb, the vegan half my favorite, next time thinkin we'll rent a cabin
and make it a sleep over and all wear PJ's and enjoy the indoor jacuzzi tubs! That would be the perfect Mary Kay ladies night ever!!!

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I travel all over the country and have stayed in some bad places but this tops the list. Everything is dirty and I mean everything. Carpet is stained with god knows what, it’s crusty and stiff with stains. I never took off my shoes. The bed sheets had stains and holes in them, awesome. The whole cabin is covered in spider webs and dust plus it smells musty with a hint of urine. The “cleaning staff” basically picks up your towels folds them and puts them back on the rack then leaves the door unlocked when they leave.
At night you are serenaded by the pleasing sounds of the trailer park at the end of the driveway. People fighting and loud music, all while riding their motorcycles around a burning tire. In the morning I woke up and there were a couple of women carrying a fresh box of wine back to the trailer.
Eating at the restaurant was a huge mistake. The cook messed up a hamburger by burning everything on it. My coworkers fared no better, the plates were stained with old food that was baked on. Finding what looked like spaghetti sauce on a salad plate is pretty nasty but the norm for this place.
Look for a place in Alpine about 20 min west of this dump especially if you are a crew that is working nearby.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Live Oak Springs Resort? Share your experiences!