“Beware!” 2 of 5 stars

1112 Tilting T Drive, Borrego Springs, CA 92004   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Borrego Springs
“Beware!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed here for two nights. Fortunately I didn't spend much time at the resort. The room is superficially clean. That is to say when you spend some time in the room you start to notice that it really was not. The ceiling fan blades were caked in dirt, underneath the shower handles was a thick colony of black mold. I believe that vacuuming and a superficial dusting is the most this room has had in a very long time. At check out beware, I was handed a receipt for the price of my room and a zero balance only to discover that they actually charged me $55.00 more. When I called they explained they have some policy of doing that to make sure there is enough funds. Makes no sense to me, why do I need more funds than the billed amount. I was told that the extra money should be credited back to my account in 5 - 7 business days. I used a credit card, not a debit card where they explain that policy at booking. I don't know how credit cards pay but it seems to me they are billing unauthorized funds, using the money 5 - 7 days for free at my expense. I do not appreciate this form of business and most likely will not be staying here ever again.

The food at the golf club bar is awful, thankfully it was cheap. The service there was the worst. The guy was watching a soccer game and I had to get up several times to ask for things I wanted, including to get and pay my bill.

On the plus side, there were plenty of towels, the bed was comfortable and the biggest plus of all was the air conditioner worked very well keeping the room cool even though the outside temps were in the triple digits.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
borregosprings, General Manager at Borrego Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear llee,

On a positive note the rooms are nice and cool in the summer heat. I appreciate all of your input especially on the cleanliness of our rooms. We take great pride in providing an exceptional experience for all. It is disappointing when we fall short and for that I personally apologize.

jyzaguirre@borregospringsresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed one night initially and then stayed a further two. Very well appointed resort with nice rooms and facilities. Great pool and hot tub for nights under the stars. Staff are nice and the whole place has a cared for vibe. The restaurant and bar near the golf course is one of the best places to sit and take in the sunset. Prices are all very reasonable given this is probably the best place in Borrego. Was very impressed and look forward to staying here again - this time for longer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dover6Juliet,

WOW! I just love hearing that our guests enjoyed their stay. We truly appreciate your review and hope you come back and see us again soon.

Many Thanks,

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Borrego Springs Resort is associated with a golf course on the property, and so many who come here are golfers. My wife and I are not; we were just vacationing in the Anza Borrego State Park area. We found this a good choice. Spacious, clean, comfortable room. All the expected amenities - wireless internet, refrigerator, microwave, coffee, iron & board, hair dryer, etc. Staff was friendly and helpful.

It's true there is no "continental breakfast", but with a fridge, microwave, and coffee, a trip the day before to the store for some breakfast items pretty much takes care of that. Besides, hotels with continental breakfast are hard or impossible to find in Borrego Springs. A plus is that the Arches restaurant, one of the best in town, is on the property and easy walking distance from the rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RJay4,

Your review was kind and for that we appreciate your input. We sure hope to see you back again soon.

Thank you so much for the kind review.

San Diego, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The room was great. We had a king suite and we loved it. There was a little kitchen area in there, with sink, refrigerator and microwave. Lots of cupboard space. The bed was super comfortable. The balcony looked out over the pool. Very nice. But now for the bad news. We came there to relax and get away from the city. Well they had these Deejays at the pool, playing VERY loud rap music all day long with the bass turned way up. It was awful. They were supposed to stop at 6pm but they didn't. When they called to complain, they did offer to switch rooms for us. But we didn't want to do that, as we were already unpacked and settled in. Besides, the issue was that we wanted to relax at the pool. We couldn't do that. When we went to dinner, we discovered another pool that was very quiet. We asked out server about it and we were told that it was part of the Serenity Spa. So the next day was asked if we could lay by that pool instead and they said yes. So we spent the day in there and it was heaven! Such a huge difference. It as quiet and peaceful. Why they had that rap going on at the main pool is beyond me. Most all of the quests there were over 40 and not into it at all. So because of that one issue, I can only give them 3 stars.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jammy E,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. While I understand that the music was not quite what you like, I am happy that you were able to spend time and appreciate our other pool area.

We try different things to please our guests, and we do not always hit the target, but I do really want to thank you for sharing your thoughts on our resort.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were expecting much more. They don't offer breakfast because they want you to eat at their restaurant which has terrible selections and is way overpriced. The restaurant staff acted like you were inconveniencing them. The only friendly people at the place (hotel or restaurant) were the housekeepers, who were wonderful. There aren't a lot of options in Borrego Springs, but I will definitely try a different hotel next time.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Stephanie_Gro,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It is true we do not offer a free breakfast. I am truly sorry that you felt our staff was not friendly. I have and will continue to address this with them. Without feedback like this, we cannot future guests stay better.

Again, I thank you for sharing.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is a sleeper, even though it's one of the bigger properties in Borrego Springs.

Check in was fast and friendly. In fact, there wasn't a single person associated with the property who wasn't friendly, helpful, and efficient. Management understands service. Kudos.

The single King room was large and clean. It had a separate sitting area next to the balcony. The balcony had a small table and two chairs. The single flat screen tv swiveled to serve the entire room. The air conditioner kept the room a comfortable temperature despite it being 105 outside, and was quiet. TV service is by DirectTV and the analog channels were of questionable quality. There is a small nook with a microwave, sink, and refrigerator.The bathroom is a combined, so the toilet is in the same room as the bathtub and sink. Plenty of towels, with a small amount of soaps/shampoos,lotions.

The restaurant served a tasty breakfast with a reasonable, but not huge, amount of food. Overcooked bacon, but the pancakes and eggs were excellent. I don't normally call out individual servers, but Noe deserves special mention as he is an employee to keep and promote. Everything was clean and comfortable.

The pool is nothing special, but there is plenty of shade to use. You can order food from the pool and service is fast.

Overall, if you're looking for a property in Borrego Springs that "gets" service and yet doesn't over charge, this is it. Not perfect, but pretty darn good. For somebody who has spent a lifetime camping in the park but has never spent a night in a hotel here, I'll be back. Repeatedly .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
borregosprings, General Manager at Borrego Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Boojums,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

So happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to hit the mark each time, but sometimes we miss. Looks like this time was a winner and I am so happy you had a great time.

Please come back and see us again.

Many Thanks,

John Yzaguirre, General Manager
Porter Ranch, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a lovely second floor room overlooking the golf course with the mountains in the distance. The room was large and clean with everything we could want. Dinner at the Arches was delicious and the service was excellent. We arrived Sunday night after what had been a very busy weekend for the staff, but everything was still looked after well. We got a fabulous deal on the room because it was off season and we extended our stay for two additional nights. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve P,

Your review is really appreciated and we are so happy that we provided you with a positive experience. We will see you again soon I hope.

John Yzaguirre, General Manager

Been to Borrego Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!