I stayed here for two nights. Fortunately I didn't spend much time at the resort. The room is superficially clean. That is to say when you spend some time in the room you start to notice that it really was not. The ceiling fan blades were caked in dirt, underneath the shower handles was a thick colony of black mold. I believe that vacuuming and a superficial dusting is the most this room has had in a very long time. At check out beware, I was handed a receipt for the price of my room and a zero balance only to discover that they actually charged me $55.00 more. When I called they explained they have some policy of doing that to make sure there is enough funds. Makes no sense to me, why do I need more funds than the billed amount. I was told that the extra money should be credited back to my account in 5 - 7 business days. I used a credit card, not a debit card where they explain that policy at booking. I don't know how credit cards pay but it seems to me they are billing unauthorized funds, using the money 5 - 7 days for free at my expense. I do not appreciate this form of business and most likely will not be staying here ever again.
The food at the golf club bar is awful, thankfully it was cheap. The service there was the worst. The guy was watching a soccer game and I had to get up several times to ask for things I wanted, including to get and pay my bill.
On the plus side, there were plenty of towels, the bed was comfortable and the biggest plus of all was the air conditioner worked very well keeping the room cool even though the outside temps were in the triple digits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **NEVER A RESORT FEE** Restaurant and Spa now open 7 days a week. The golf course available again beginning November 15, 2014. Rest and relaxation await you at Borrego Springs Resort & Spa. With 100 well-appointed guestrooms, an 18-hole pristine championship golf course, 6 lighted tennis courts, a restaurant and lounge, banquet and conference facilities and services, a business center, free Wi-Fi and breathtaking views of the Santa Rosa Mountains. Also enjoy our full-service Spa Serenity for all of your spa needs, and enjoy a true resort experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Borrego Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borrego Springs Resort And Spa
- Borrego Springs Hotel Borrego Springs