“Relaxing golf vacation.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Borrego Springs
Long Beach, California
“Relaxing golf vacation.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

While the Borrego Springs resort is a bit out of the way, the drive is worth it if you are looking for a nice golf vacation without the crowds. The course is beautiful and uncroweded: according to the starter there were 22 golfers on the 27 hole golf course the Sunday that we played. We rented a suite at the resort, which was comfortable and spacious. Dinner in the restaurant was good, although slightly more expensive for a similar meal in town (the convenience was worth it). We also ordred room service one night so we could watch Monday night football in our room. However, our favorite meal was the Mexican food at Carmelita's in town. Also, check out the metal scuptures scattered in the desert outside of town.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Borrego Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Service is excellent at The Springs. The food is good, too. I would not reccomend Taco Tuesdays--better tacos can be found elsewhere. But for a nice dining experience, this is a great visit. I have been for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and they always offer dining specials. Outdoor seating is also available. Yummy fish dinners and salads, also many meat eater options!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed here for one night. The property had a relaxed feel to it. The king room was well furnished,spacious with a cute balcony facing the desert and a useful kitchenette with a microwave and minifridge.
One complaint : Even though we were on the upper floor, we could feel the floor shaking from other people walking in their rooms and opening and closing of doors. I do not think that it was because people were noisy but somehow the building echoed these sounds more than normal. This resulted in a not very peaceful evening.
Overall good value in the Borrego Springs.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the outside of the property have a nice desert view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011 via mobile

I had to visit a family member in Borrego Springs, and they sent me to Borrego Springs Resort. It was so hot outside, all I wanted to do was get a nice room and order room service. I noticed in the room a menu for spa services, so I called and I got right in. I had something called the body balance, and it was heavenly!!! I was in heaven indeed. When I finished my treatment and champagne at the spa, I ordered room service, and it was good, but the spa had me so relaxed that I could not truly pay attention to the food. All in all, I was quite surprised coming from the east cost. Great place...tell a friend

• Stayed September 2011
San Diego CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We stayed at the Borrego Springs Resort for the second time over Memorial Day weekend in 2011. Rooms are nicely appointed with balconies of mountain and golf course views. Beds are comfortable. Grapefruit bath products are refreshing. One swimming pool is open to hotel guests, the second for visitors to the spa. The bar and restaurant menus offer some vegetarian selections. There were families with children, couples, seniors and groups of friends.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed one night in June 2011 - very warm season, of course, so very few customers on a week-day (where even the park visitor center is closed). This meant that the Borrego Springs Resort had a vacant room for me, and at 80 USD + tax it was a bargain: Large room with king size bed, kitchenette and a great north-facing balcony from which I could watch both the sun-set and the moon-rise - fantastic. The room was clean and well equipped, and the A/C worked well, although a bit on the loud side. The pool looked nice, but I did not use it. I did use the on-site laundromat, which for an investment of about 3.00 USD got me a load of much-needed clean clothes. The hotel staff where very helpful with tips and advice to ensure I had a good stay.
The restaurant served me a wonderful dinner while I enjoyed the scenery from their patio overlooking the golf course. I hope I get to return to Anza Borrego, and if I do, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: North-facing rooms on the 1st floor have great sunsets, at least in the summer months.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Early check in was easy and the room was fine, though the shower was not great. It was nice to have a little porch, and the pool was good once it got a little less crowded. Not sure what people do at night - we went to Jilberto's for lunch and it was good, Carlee's looked a little weird so we just ate at the resort's restaurant for dinner. It was totally empty when we got there and only a few others had shown by the time we left. Service was great and food was fine, and it was nice to be able to sit out on the patio with drinks after dinner.

One fun quality of this property is the wildlife. Tons of bunnies around the golf course, jackrabbits, quail and other birds. It was good for one night. After our morning hike in the desert we were ready to return to civilization, but this place was a nice little oasis in this small town.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Borrego Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!