“Spectacular food and service” 5 of 5 stars

(760) 767-5666
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
San Diego
“Spectacular food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I cannot say enough good about this place! I have eaten here more than 20 times. A nice cold salad and some enchiladas have become one of my staple meals.

Visited April 2012

Pacific Grove, California
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

WE had a great meal for dinner, I wished we would have had more meals there. Fabulous staff and service, easy and quick meal.

Visited September 2012
Sierra Madre, California
“Authentic Mexican cuisine in Borrego Springs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Family owned, delicious food. Ordered the chicken enchiladas and a few beers. Watched the Olympic ceremonies. Very relaxing. I would return. Simple, clean with bar service.

Vista, California
“Ho-hum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

It was the best Mexican Food we tried in Borrego since it was the only one open. I'm spoiled living in San Diego and this was just mediocre compared to what I am used to. But the service was great and it was nice to get out of the heat and have a taco fix.

San Diego, California
“Good food, good service, and unlikely entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I went to Carmelita's about 2 p.m. on a Sunday afternoon on a day when the heat reached a record 115 degrees. I was the only diner, but there were three old guys at the bar. My server was a lovely woman whom I learned was just turning 50 and about to be a grandmother for the third time. She drives 60 miles over the mountain from Indio each day to work at Carmelita's and she says it's because she loves the people there, and that was evident.

The three guys at the bar teased her like she was their little sister, and teased each other even worse. It was great entertainment while eating my delicious super-tostada.