“Atmosphere!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Bonsall, California, United States
“Atmosphere!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We are Bonsall residents (Locals) and this is our go to spot! Entering Z Cafe from the bottom entrance is amazing. The art is always rotating and the structure of the building gives you an open air feeling. The servers are all personable and welcoming. The portions are generous and delicious. The Hawaiian plates are authentic. It can take awhile to get food, don't come expecting to get in and out fast. Z is a place to sit down and enjoy the atmosphere!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Maryland
“Great prices, okay food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I'm giving this four stars because the value is so good. The food itself is mediocre. Basically its ersatz Hawaiian (if you ever go to Hawaii and eat at a townie place rather than a tourist place, you'll see why I say ersatz). I ordered a plate and ended up with a bit of mahi mahi which was nicely but sparingly sauced and a big bunch of rice with nothing to put on it - I asked for some teriyaki to make it palatable. You're better off with one of the bowls.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Great Food, Bar, and Balcony with view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Nice setting with great food, a bar, a balcony with view...Parking located in back is easier for people that don't like stairs...Have had breakfast and lunch there on multiple times and I take family/friends there when time permits...

Everyone I have taken enjoys the ambiance and meals...With great staff/service...Plus a movie house just a short walk away.

Visited November 2013
Lakeside, California, United States
“A simply excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Our group came to the Z Cafe in Bonsall after an event in Fallbrook for a leisurely lunch and we all thought the food, service and ambiance were perfect. I had the Hawaiian BBQ Chicken bowl with brown rice (they offer both white and brown), my wife chose a cup of chicken noodle soup with a half sandwich and said she thought it was a great choice for the cost. I believe my BBQ bowl was an excellent amount of tasty food for the price. The location is on the upper floor of their building; there is no elevator from the ground but if you park in the rear lot there is a walking bridge directly into the second floor restaurant so no steps are required - a plus for any impaired persons. We were referred by one of our members and she did not steer us wrong!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fallbrook
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Went with a friend for breakfast. He had a hugemongous bowl of oatmeal. I had an omelet. Both were great.

Visited October 2013

Been to Z Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Z Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.