“Best baked goods in town” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Bonita
Cuisines: Bakery
Bonita, California
“Best baked goods in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I am lucky to live just up the street in case I'm in need of something special for a meeting or party. Even if you don't live in the neighborhood, it is worth the trip. They are famous for their eye-popping fresh fruit and cream strudel. This is a welcome addition at any brunch or party. Their cakes are also spectacular as are all of their breakfast pastries. You can't miss with anything here. I often pick up something special as a treat for a friend or co-worker and it is always appreciated.

Visited May 2014

“DELICIOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Yummy pastries. It's the best place for cakes. I always buy birthday cakes there. They also have tons of delicious pastries and cookies and other goodies. They are delicious, but they are a bit pricey though. It's good for special occasions or if you really want to tell someone they are special.

Visited April 2014
Bonita, California, United States
“One of the best bakeries in San Diego county!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

One of the very few older - longer lasting - old fashioned bakeries that is more concerned
with quality than quantity -

Visited March 2014
Bonita, CA
“OMG--HEAVEN ON EARTH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

CAUTION--do not enter Hans and Harry unless you have no fear of calories or you have your mouth wired shut. There is no way you can resist the power of their strudel, cakes, and pastries. If you want to make a splash at a pot luck, buy their strudel (about $25) but stand back when you put it on the table. The stampede will take you down. I took it to a party and watched as it disappeared in a matter of minutes. It's not just the strudel, but the cakes and pastries will put a smile on your face. I buy their cakes for special events and as soon as my friends see the Hans and Harry seal on the box, they oooh and ahhh. This is a first class bakery, not cheap, but not too expensive. Hans and Harry are icons (and still good looking) in Bonita and deserve our patronage! We usually take our food and run, but you can sit outside or inside and have tea, hot chocolate, coffee and a pastry. The eating area isn't large and doesn't accommodate a lot of people. The bakery sits in a strip mall with the post office and KFC chicken, but it's near a park and areas where you can walk, run, ride bikes or ride horses...so a great place to stop for a snack.

If you find this helpful, please vote for it. Thanks

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bonita, California
“Delicious cakes and pastries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have been a customer since they opened. I grew up with my birthday cakes from this bakery, then had them do my wedding cake and many occasions since then. Also grew up with pastries for a Saturday morning treat of a Bonita bun, Bavarian apple pocket, or bear claw, etc. and sometimes continue the tradition with my children. I like to pick up an occasional muffin on my way to work. Growing up I loved the raspberry cream cheese and lemon poppy seed which they still make but now I always get chocolate chip. The only drawback is they aren't open on Sundays. Seating is limited and I've never stayed. I always take my purchases to go.

• Visited February 2014