“Great Food, Poor Service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, American, Argentinean, Armenian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Diego, California
“Great Food, Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2008

We have been eating at this restaurant for about 20 years. The food is wonderful, however, the service is lacking.

Starting off with the food. The red salsa is something I crave! I can pretty much drink it and I tend to fill up on it prior to my food coming. I typically order the chicken fajitas and I am never disappointed. The chicken is tender and has a great flavor. The tortillas are hit and miss - sometimes they are fresh, other times, they seem old and hard.

Now onto the service - some of the waiters have been there as long as we have been going to the restaurant. There are two or three that provide great service, but the rest are horrible. When you ask for something, they usually forget it and have to be asked again. We always have to ask for our water to be refilled - they never come and do it. One time a few years back, we did not tip the waiter, however, gave the tip to the bus boy. Just keep in mind, there are a few good waiters, it just seems difficult to get them!

They have recently undergone and ownership change. I am happy to say that the food has not changed much. They have added some new items to the menu that are good. I am just thankful that the salsa has stayed delicious!

Overall, I love this restaurant. We just never have high expectations on the service.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Rude Servers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2005

Have eaten here numerous times as I live in Bonita. The food is well prepared, if a little pricey. The problem is the service. It's terrible and the waiters act like they're doing you a favor by appearing at your table. They're arrogant and rude. Do yourself a favor and tell your server you won't tolerate poor service the first time you see him. Good luck.