“Very nice 3 night stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Merced, California
“Very nice 3 night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have an annual 3 day meeting in Bodega Bay, CA. Of the multiple places that we are given rates to stay, this one is consistently the nicest. Rooms are of modern taste, nice size. The rooms I have stayed in typically have a fireplace, shower only, a reasonably priced minibar, and free internet. After rotating through several other options, I will be planning to stay here for future meetings.

I had a stunning room of the coast - and since the seas were rough, I could here the ocean's waves crashing through the night. Very nice. (It is about a 3/4 mile from the beach).

Free wine and cheese happy hour. Would be nice if they served beer as there are also many local breweries.

Foghorn wasnt a concern for me - and I am a light sleeper - but I typically stay in the top row of rooms - which is further from the coast. I have never eaten at the duck club.

My most recent stay in January 2014, the pool closed (planned to be re-opened in Feb, 14').

Room Tip: Blocks of rooms on top of the hill (next to parking lot) have less foghorn noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

691 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Marblehead, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Just returned from a "girl's weekend" at the lovely Bodega Bay Lodge. The location alone is immediately calming. Our room (607) was spacious and clean and had one of the most comfortable beds I've enjoyed in a long time. There are many great (and easy) walks and hikes to enjoy. Although the spa was under renovation, we found a fantastic alternative at Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary in neighboring Freestone, CA. I should review that place separately, but I'll just say that you should go there if you want a top knotch facial, massage or unique cypress mulch bath.

The food at Bodega Bay was good. I only ate breakfast there. My only minor issue was that I requested a soft boiled egg and it arrived overcooked into a hard boiled. No big deal though. Lovely staff.

The outdoor fire pit is a real draw in the evening where you can sit in a rocking chair with a glass of wine. Once the pool and spa renovations are complete, I'd highly recommend this to adults who want a relaxing but higher quality getaway. I'd definitely return!

Room Tip: I prefer rooms such as the one we had (607) because they are closest to the bay and are single story...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here a few times over the years. We stayed last Fall and were thrilled to see all the upgrades and improvements to the guest rooms! Spectacular! The bed was so comfy and the bathroom! OMG, I know, crazy to be excited about a bathroom, but really! We enjoyed sitting out on the balcony with appetizers and wine, staring off at Bodega Head and the Bay. We were celebrating our anniversary and I had mentioned it (apparently) when I made the reservation. There was a really nice "Happy Anniversary" card and some delish chocolates on the bed when we checked in. Such a nice touch. We had dinner at the Duck Club Restaurant - yummy!! The views from both the room and the restaurant are unparallelled, simply stunning. When you're in Bodega Bay, stay at the Bodega Bay Lodge!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Benicia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and i spend 3 nites at the Bodega Bay Lodge for our 34 year anniversary and the accommodation were 5 STAR. Most likely will make this one of our # 1 getaways. The Room was spacious. The views from the room were priceless. In room couple message before dinner was wonderfully relaxing. We had breakfast and Dinners on the site and traveled into town and down the coast line during the lunch and early afternoon hour. Extremely clean and quiet...

Room Tip: Room with the large tub
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Recent stay was mid-week in January 2014 was a birthday treat! Bed was so comfortable and room so pleasant that we actually overslept by three hours-unheard of for me! A very deep soaker tub and a shower near by-the best! Being near, a short walk, to the beach, but far enough away to have a view! Champagne glasses in room, complimentary goodies! Terrific!

Room Tip: Rooms in the 600 series are nearer the restaurant that has outdoor firepit, inside rooms with firepl...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Folsom, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Oh, how I wish we could have stayed longer! My husband and I, both professional artists, spent one night at the Bodega Bay Lodge and wished we could have stayed longer! I booked a Pacific Coast Upper Room for my husband's Christmas gift and when I arrived earlier than the designated check-in time, not only was the room ready, but they upgraded us to a Bodega Bay Upper Room which was amazing! We were out painting at Bodega Head all day and to come back to such a wonderful, warm, romantic room was incredible. We had a fabulous dinner at the Duck Club and couldn't wait to get back to our room. The front desk crew were very helpful and friendly, with suggestions to where we might find some interesting places to paint. We've stayed in Bodega Bay before and had a unpleasant experience at a private rental, but next time we return we will be sure to stay at the Bodega Bay Lodge, no doubt! Five star!

Room Tip: Did not see the other rooms, but can highly recommend the Bodega Bay building rooms! amazing views...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Rocklin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This I was our 5th stay and every time we've been thrilled with the location, view, and amenities. We usually have a cottage, but booked late for New Year's Eve and had to 'settle' for an upper level room. Stunning views and a very comfortable,romantic room.

Room Tip: If you mind kid noises, ask to be as far away from the pool. Honestly, not too many kids at this pla...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bodega Bay Lodge? Share your experiences!