“Nice lunch” 3 of 5 stars

707 875 2751
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tides Wharf & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 24 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Casual, yet elegant, The Bay View Restaurant offers sweeping views of the harbor and beyond to the Pacific Ocean. Wood-beamed ceilings and crackling fireplaces create a cozy and romantic setting. Enjoy cocktails and wine on the patio or fireside at the Hearthside Lounge. Executive Chef, Luca D"Oria, has created a menu full of Italian favorites using only the finest and freshest ingredients. Let our professional and friendly staff cater to your every need. The Bay View Restaurant also features a year-round, monthly "Dinner with the Winemaker" series that is in its 26th successful year. This is also a perfect backdrop for wedding ceremonies, receptions, corporate events and banquets.
Greeley, Colorado
“Nice lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Stopped here on our way up the coast. I had eaten here many times as kid in the old resturant back in the 60's. It was the one featured in the Hitchcock movie "The Birds". Been many years since. The new place doesn't have the flavor of the old place but the food was nice. We both had Salmon with a nice veggie assortment and pasta. The pasta was a bit bland but the salmon was excellent. Nice lunch but nothing stood out.

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sunnyvale, California
“Just your regular tourist trap with high prices and mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

Stopped here on our way back to the bay area after a great weekend roadtrip to mendocino county. I ordered the crab cioppino and my husband ordered the crab sandwich. My husband said it was good sandwich for crab, cheese , tomato and bread. My crab cioppino had crab, shrimp and clams. The tomato sauce tasted like it came out of can. The bread was really old , crusty and really boring flavor.

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Greatfood and service right on the bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

My wife's Red Snapper was cooked to perfection, and my Shrimp Provencale was awesome. Wish I could get both recipes!

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
US
“Not what I remember from previous visits”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

We've eaten at this restaurant a number of times in the 90s and as recently as about 2005 and always enjoyed it. This Christmas we were both disappointed with the food (service and setting were fine, as before). My scallops were inedible, over-cooked and with the texture of rubber; my wife's fish as well. I returned my dinner only partly eaten. They adjusted our bill, modestly. But we'll give the place a miss next time. Sadly, after some good evenings there.

• Visited December 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Don't waste your money for a view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

We stayed over night at the Inn at the Tides and decided to come here only because it was so close and we were so tired. The bar and bartender are really good. We had a cocktail earlier in the day and she was nice, friendly, funny and made a great drink. That evening we returned for dinner. Sigh. What can I say but that this place was a total disappointment. I will say the server was eager, sweet and attentive but not over bearing. The problem was simply the food. My husband had the steak sandwhich and fries and got a very basic & fatty New York and Ore Ida steak fries. We ordered th crab/shrimp cocktail appetizer. It was the little bay shrimps and the local crab. It was good and tasted pretty fresh. I ordered the crab melt which came on twi pieces of Wonder white bread, two small lumps of crab meat in the middle, a melted piece of cheese and topped off with a soggy tomato. Oh and again the Ore Ida's. I had a glass of wine and water and my husband had a rum and coke. Our bill came to $134 plus tip. I wish they'd had a Subway or something because anything would have hurt less than signing that check. We'll always stop in for a drink or two and stop for my traditional stuffed sea otter or dolphin from the gift shop. But I can positively say we will NEVER eat here again. Well never say never. If were starving and drunk I might lol, but only to avoid driving and I would only order a basic cheesebuger or grilled cheese. Something that couldn't possibly be $19.99 for wonder bread and velveeta.

• Visited January 2011